News Tony's Most Merriest Town Square Party comes to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party for 2018

Kman101

Depends -- what would I get back? I'm not as enamored of cupcakes as people here seem to be.

Most actually aren't ... especially one that's overpriced and often not made very well. It's the instagramers and youtubers who buy the cupcakes, show them off, eat a sample and toss the rest out. I'm sure many guests buy them but most snacks and stuff are made to be instagram ready. Look at the ridiculous milkshakes and burgers. Quality can *sometimes* be found, but it seems to be rare.

brb1006

For a brief moment, I thought Disney was finally going to bring Tony and Joe out as a seasonal meetable face character. Until I read the article.

Kman101

For a brief moment, I thought Disney was finally going to bring Tony and Joe out as a seasonal meetable face character. Until I read the article.

I mean, a live action Lady and the Tramp is coming (lol) so who knows what the future holds? It'd be a fun tie-in similar to putting Remy in the France restaurant.

JohnD

And what is perfect is, they have chosen the location furthest from everything you want to do at the park, so most people will only hit it once on their arrival and Disney can rake in even more profits...
I think they have finally reached the tipping point....

Good point. Who's going to waste party time between 9:30 and 12:30 hanging out at Tony's on Main Street? Or waste time by returning to it off and on? Might as well call it Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade Dessert Party because that is what it will end up being technically.

Bocabear

Good point. Who's going to waste party time between 9:30 and 12:30 hanging out at Tony's on Main Street? Or waste time by returning to it off and on? Might as well call it Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade Dessert Party because that is what it will end up being technically.
If they did the party at Tall Tale Inn, Pinocchio's Village Haus., or Cosmic Rays, it would get a LOT more attention due to the proximity of stuff to do... Pinocchio's Village Hause would be perfect...center of the park, and it would look amazing heavily decorated for the event...inside and out...

amjt660

If someone is willing to pay another 100 to do this in this location while they should elsewhere tying to get value out of the first extra 100 they spent for this party then....

A6DFBA14-CDE5-4356-A8FB-8B1E21F84DFE.jpeg

And.....

A9887D0F-BEAF-4748-A122-5A601D551213.jpeg

Max

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Shock for long time readers of magic: many good jokes have been made. I'm not going to make one. In lieu of that I will use my mad organizational skills to provide an executive summary -

Price Point: Terrible
Direction of the company: Terrible
Business Ethics: Terrible

Lots of little nuance and details in the summary so I suspect it will take several reads to get the main point. I have what must be fantastical memories of a time when Disney would have included all the extra little snacky poos at Tony's in the price of the party to spread out crowds a bit.

Maccabee18

I can't stand how they call everything 'artisanal'. What the heck is 'artisanal meat'? You know it's just packaged slices of salami...

The people who swarm to artisanal cheese and meats are probably the 12.9 million Americans who believe chocolate milk comes from brown cows. (I just read that statistic in an article today) so I am not surprised how society is being duped.

Club Cooloholic

"We need to spread out the drinking, too many people are drinking at Epcot"

"Let's add an upcharge event at the Christmas Party and offer free beer!"

"BRILLIANT!!!"

So, $107 (including sales tax) for 3 hours of hors d'ouvres, non-alcoholic beverages, and beer. Waiting for the Value Squad to chime in about how great this is in 3... 2... 1...
No way to get value out of this. If you try to get value out of this party, you are spending a lot of time at it, drinking and eating, which is fine but then you miss the actual xmas event!

Kman101

Remember when they tried to get guests to pay for villains in the castle? I imagine this goes the same way as that. A failed effort to get more cash out of you. Pay another 100 bucks and most guests probably spend 5-10 minutes inside and never go back. They win. Should just call it a Christmas parade treat party or something, that's more or less what it is, in a way. They're just trying to spin it so they can charge $100.

Animaniac93-98

Remember when they tried to get guests to pay for villains in the castle? I imagine this goes the same way as that. A failed effort to get more cash out of you. Pay another 100 bucks and most guests probably spend 5-10 minutes inside and never go back. They win. Should just call it a Christmas parade treat party or something, that's more or less what it is, in a way. They're just trying to spin it so they can charge $100.

Yes, see my post on page 2 of this thread.

That event was not a failure. It needed less than 300 people to be full. Disney simply realized they could charge almost the same price for a different dessert party without having to pay CMs to be characters. That and they could keep CRT open the whole time for business as usual.

Animaniac93-98

If they did the party at Tall Tale Inn, Pinocchio's Village Haus., or Cosmic Rays, it would get a LOT more attention due to the proximity of stuff to do... Pinocchio's Village Hause would be perfect...center of the park, and it would look amazing heavily decorated for the event...inside and out...

Those locations are typically open during party nights, which is why they probably went with Tony's.

They could have also used The Plaza Restaurant (more central location) or Liberty Tree Tavern (better atmosphere IMO).

Kman101

Yes, see my post on page 2 of this thread.

That event was not a failure. It needed less than 300 people to be full. Disney simply realized they could charge almost the same price for a different dessert party without having to pay CMs to be characters. That and they could keep CRT open the whole time for business as usual.

Ah, true. Didn't think of it that way.

Kman101

What if this were Jingle Cruise Christmas party held at Skipper's Canteen (another place closed during parties) and they hired some Adventurer's Club alumni to reprise their roles?

That would make it more valuable IMO...but also more expensive for Disney to do. :rolleyes:

This. Not like they don't charge $100 for the party. Oh ... and now it goes from $100 to $149 or $199.

Even I'd pay for this if offered. There's a lot more they can try and do but they don't, because they know they'll get enough people to pay it and rave about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom