News Tony's Most Merriest Town Square Party comes to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party for 2018

JohnD

In another thread about how the holiday parties are getting too crowded, I was joking around about how they will add upcharge events within the current upcharge events.

IT WAS A JOKE! :oops:

It’s not the first time. They’re already doing it with dessert parties.

Kman101

It's only dumb if nobody buys it. I think they'll find plenty of people who will.

They no doubt will. And we'll see blogs and Tweets about how amazing it is. Lots of closeups on the treats and food, etc. It's a vicious little cycle.

I mean, I think it's nuts to pay over $100 to enter the party and then another $100. I have no doubt many will find it acceptable and think it's great and beneficial to them. To each their own of course. I just wish more saw these things for what they actually are. :/ If you (not *you*; in general, lol) want to pay it and enjoy it, that's fine with me, but I hope people recognize the money grabbing.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I don't dislike this offering. I would never partake of it at such a high price point, but I don't dislike it. It will be held in a space (Tony's) that, at that time, isn't really otherwise being used. It uses Town Square instead of the hub, which I think is a good move. The only thing I don't like is that it takes a space that regular guests would be able to use for the parade away from them. But even that is far less annoying than the dessert parties that tie up prime viewing areas for various things.

iowamomof4

They no doubt will. And we'll see blogs and Tweets about how amazing it is. Lots of closeups on the treats and food, etc. It's a vicious little cycle.

I mean, I think it's nuts to pay over $100 to enter the party and then another $100. I have no doubt many will find it acceptable and think it's great and beneficial to them. To each their own of course. I just wish more saw these things for what they actually are. :/ If you (not *you*; in general, lol) want to pay it and enjoy it, that's fine with me, but I hope people recognize the money grabbing.

Ah, and THAT is why they are giving AP holders (and dvc members) the chance to book it a day before the peasants -- to give the bloggers an opportunity to get their tickets so they can review it.

Kman101

Ah, and THAT is why they are giving AP holders (and dvc members) the chance to book it a day before the peasants -- to give the bloggers an opportunity to get their tickets so they can review it.

They are? I missed that (don't know how ...). LOL. Of course ...

EDIT: I mean, I follow several bloggers/vloggers and enjoy two or three live streamers, but the overall culture is strong. Disney's created a vicious cycle that they "have to" cover everything.

Kman101

I don't dislike this offering. I would never partake of it at such a high price point, but I don't dislike it. It will be held in a space (Tony's) that, at that time, isn't really otherwise being used. It uses Town Square instead of the hub, which I think is a good move. The only thing I don't like is that it takes a space that regular guests would be able to use for the parade away from them. But even that is far less annoying than the dessert parties that tie up prime viewing areas for various things.

I don't actually hate the idea either. I just see through these offerings. But I don't begrudge all of them (some of them aren't the worst offerings, many are blatantly money grabs). Just reeks a little at times regardless of the actual offering. For me at least.

Personally, seems like it could be at least $20-$30 cheaper or even included in admission to the party ...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
So, $107 (including sales tax) for 3 hours of hors d'ouvres, non-alcoholic beverages, and beer. Waiting for the Value Squad to chime in about how great this is in 3... 2... 1...
Hey man, nobody is forcing you to go! It doesnt affect your trip. Disney is a business. The glory days of the 80s and 90s are gone. Times change. /Sarc

Did I miss anything? ...oh wait...."my kid gets bored at Epcot". I almost forgot that one.

JohnD

I don't actually hate the idea either. I just see through these offerings. But I don't begrudge all of them (some of them aren't the worst offerings, many are blatantly money grabs). Just reeks a little at times regardless of the actual offering. For me at least.

Personally, seems like it could be at least $20-$30 cheaper or even included in admission to the party ...

:hilarious: "Included with admission." That's a good one. (Actually, I agree with you. Won't happen. Because $$$).

Kman101

Hey man, nobody is forcing you to go! It doesnt affect your trip. Disney is a business. The glory days of the 80s and 90s are gone. Times change. /Sarc

Did I miss anything? ...oh wait...."my kid gets bored at Epcot". I almost forgot that one.

:hilarious:

Funny how they've always been a business and managed to do something right for so long ...

You forgot "but everyone offers upcharges now! CHOICES!!!"

KBLovedDisney

*Ba dum dum dum...

Rockin' around with your kid on Main Street,
You want a happy Holiday.
But paying those prices just to buy a dessert,

Can give you such a big headache.

KatieBug has warned us from the beginning, merrily!
Her prince and princess didn't get want they wanted from Mickey and Minnie!

*Ba dum dum dum...

Rockin around with your kid on Main Street,
A tantrum has ensued.
Your kid is looking at you with some crazy eyes

Because you decided to get so rude.

We get it that you didn't get that Dole Whip for $5.15!
But yelling at the CMs who only work there won't get you into Club 33!

*Ba dum dum dum...

Rockin' around with your kid on Main Street,
You want a happy Holiday.
You'll end up paying those prices,

Because you want to..be...there....an...y....waayyyyyyy!
Bum bum bum bum, ba dum dum.

baymenxpac

Artisanal meat= Slim Jim??

OOOOOOOOOH YEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

giphy.gif

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

$20-$30 cheaper? More like $50 cheaper! At a price of about $50, I could see doing this. At $100, no way. But then again, I generally won't pay for a room at a deluxe resort, and many people couldn't imagine going to Disney World without staying at one.

As for "see(ing) through these offerings", what's to see through? It's pretty obvious that Disney looking for ways to get more money from guests willing to spend more money. Seeing through something transparent is not hard!

fngoofy

It is more money than I want to spend (though so is the $350 we are going to spend on the party.)
I don't have a problem with it though, in fact I think it's a good idea.
As someone above mentioned, I could easily justify it via the beer and wine, but I will focus on the rides instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom