Tony Baxter hints at the future!

Eddie Sotto

Premium Member
Never say Never

I have heard that the studio is considering the prequel to 20k and other stuff in that genre, it made me wonder if they would reconsider weaving the Disco Bay thing into the stories. Who knows?

Captain Chaos

Thew question at hand is, since this was stated in 2005, has Tony Baxter and WDI figured out how to use this new ride vehicle?? Or is it still in testing 4 years later? I know these things dont work themselves out over night, and it does take years of testing... Just curious how close they are, or if they were shut down altogether??

drew_dawg

I have to be honest with Tony Baxter and John Lasseter at the helms of WDI I feel like Disney parks are in great hands.

I think Indy is the best attraction disney has come up with so far. I'm not dissing the classics but Indy is the most well designed attraction to date. And if the have something that will top it, it will be (in my opinion) Mind Blowing!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Bruce Vaughn, who used to run WDI R&D. He has a partner in Craig Russell who runs the management and project side of WDI. They share the helm. FWIW, I think they are a very good team.

Eddie, do you know what Eric Jacobsen's role is at the moment? I had thought he was overseeing WDW?

Lee

Adventurer
Wow....Eddie Sotto agreed with a statement I made. Allow me a moment to wallow in pride....:cool:

Ok, moving on...
has Tony Baxter and WDI figured out how to use this new ride vehicle?? Or is it still in testing 4 years later? I know these things dont work themselves out over night, and it does take years of testing... Just curious how close they are, or if they were shut down altogether??

Yes. Tony and gang found a wonderful way to use this new ride tech. They created a story and ride concept that would provide the MK with it's first true E-Ticket in fifteen years......a few years ago. It was called The Incredibles.

But wait...all is not lost...the ride technology still exists and will debut next year in a slightly different form....

.....over at a little place called Wizarding World.:rolleyes:

EPCOT Explorer

Wow....Eddie Sotto agreed with a statement I made. Allow me a moment to wallow in pride....:cool:

Ok, moving on...

Yes. Tony and gang found a wonderful way to use this new ride tech. They created a story and ride concept that would provide the MK with it's first true E-Ticket in fifteen years......a few years ago. It was called The Incredibles.

But wait...all is not lost...the ride technology still exists and will debut next year in a slightly different form....

:zipit::brick:

Let's just hope it lights a Inferno Barge sized fire under a Mouse's hindquarters. :lookaroun

jedimaster1227

This is one of those moments where I just have to chuckle... :lol:

But Disney really should think of this as a blessing. From what I've heard of the testing over at the "Potter Box," the arms haven't been doing a good job of, well... Holding their cargo... :ROFLOL:

Captain Chaos

Ok, moving on...

Ahhh Universal caught Disney napping apparently LOL....

EPCOT Explorer

This is one of those moments where I just have to chuckle... :lol:

But Disney really should think of this as a blessing. From what I've heard of the testing over at the "Potter Box," the arms haven't been doing a good job of, well... Holding their cargo... :ROFLOL:

:lol: That's quite ironic. Blessing in disguise? Maybe this will help both ends.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Holy thread bump, Batman! :eek:

:lol:

Thats what I said. :eek::lol:

*flashbacks to 2005*
*Casey Kasem voice*

The top songs for May 2005 were...

1. Hollaback Girl Gwen Stefani
2. Switch Will Smith
3. Don't Phunk With My Heart Black Eyed Peas
4. Since U Been Gone Kelly Clarkson
5. Oh Ciara Featuring Ludacris
6. Holiday Green Day
7. Incomplete Backstreet Boys
8. Lonely No More Rob Thomas
9. Speed Of Sound Coldplay
10. 1, 2 Step Ciara Featuring Missy Elliott

The top movies for May 2005 were:

STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH - Starring Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman

&

MADAGASCAR - Starring Ben Stiller and Chris Rock

I'm Casey Kasem... and this has been your May 2005 Flashback!!

:lol::lookaroun

:p

jt04

I have heard that the studio is considering the prequel to 20k and other stuff in that genre, it made me wonder if they would reconsider weaving the Disco Bay thing into the stories. Who knows?

Jedimaster knows. He's been telling us about such things for a year now. But the doom and gloom crowd usually becomes so uptight when he does he just leaves for other forums. Can't blame him.

Glad to see he added his 2 centavos to this mega-bumped thread though.

EPCOT Explorer

Thats what I said. :eek::lol:

*flashbacks to 2005*
*Casey Kasem voice*

The top songs for May 2005 were...

1. Hollaback Girl Gwen Stefani
2. Switch Will Smith
3. Don't Phunk With My Heart Black Eyed Peas
4. Since U Been Gone Kelly Clarkson
5. Oh Ciara Featuring Ludacris
6. Holiday Green Day
7. Incomplete Backstreet Boys
8. Lonely No More Rob Thomas
9. Speed Of Sound Coldplay
10. 1, 2 Step Ciara Featuring Missy Elliott

The top movies for 2005 were:

STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH - Starring Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman

&

MADAGASCAR - Starring Ben Stiller and Chris Rock

I'm Casey Kasem... and this has been your May 2005 Flashback!!

:lol::lookaroun

:p
:eek::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

I LOLd. Again.

jedimaster1227

Jedimaster knows. He's been telling us about such things for a year now. But the doom and gloom crowd usually becomes so uptight when he does he just leaves for other forums. Can't blame him.

Glad to see he added his 2 centavos to this mega-bumped thread though.

I'm always glad to add one more Euro to the pot when I can... Though its not been the downers that have pushed me away. I guess its been a combination of things like the quality of the topics (if I don't have something to say, I won't say something) along with the stresses of graduation, my work for BPA, WDWCelebrations and fighting pneumonia. Its not been an easy couple of months.

I'm afraid I'm becoming more of a lurker than a poster, but I'll continue to post when the topics are right. And on this thread (besides the rediculous bump-span), I couldn't resist!

As for 20,000 Leagues, the movie shouldn't really affect anything going on right now, unless by some strange chance (and with the Rock, I can't see it happening this way) the movie becomes a Pirates-sized breakout success.

Remember that as of now (from what I understand), the rights to certain properties like the majority (if not all) of DisneySea is under the ownership in concept and theme of the Oriental Land Company. However long that lasts, Disney won't be able to transplant anything without paying a very hefty price.

For however long the Oriental Land Company holds onto its Tokyo properties, Disney won't jump to snatch anything unless it feels it desperately needs to.

EPCOT Explorer

I'm always glad to add one more Euro to the pot when I can... Though its not been the downers that have pushed me away. I guess its been a combination of things like the quality of the topics (if I don't have something to say, I won't say something) along with the stresses of graduation, my work for BPA, WDWCelebrations and fighting pneumonia. Its not been an easy couple of months.

I'm afraid I'm becoming more of a lurker than a poster, but I'll continue to post when the topics are right. And on this thread (besides the rediculous bump-span), I couldn't resist!

As for 20,000 Leagues, the movie shouldn't really affect anything going on right now, unless by some strange chance (and with the Rock, I can't see it happening this way) the movie becomes a Pirates-sized breakout success.

Remember that as of now (from what I understand), the rights to certain properties like the majority (if not all) of DisneySea is under the ownership in concept and theme of the Oriental Land Company. However long that lasts, Disney won't be able to transplant anything without paying a very hefty price.

For however long the Oriental Land Company holds onto its Tokyo properties, Disney won't jump to snatch anything unless it feels it desperately needs to.

That's a shame...WDI just can't make a ride similar to 20K? and to MI? I thought this was already in the works...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom