Tony Baxter hints at the future!

jt04

I bring plenty of good news (just look at my MK thread). You just want to see whatever is convient for you and you have already been called out on this by a number of users.

For the record, WDW1974 was the first person to break the news confirming that M:S was greenlit, wand removal, a toy story ride was coming to MGM, and ST 2. He has proven to be a very reliable source and MANY people (although not many on this site) listen to and trust his information.

Maybe ill start telling you tales of lavish Mystery islands, redone fantasylands, a clutter free Epcot, and a Prince of Persia e-ticket for DHS so that you will like me more.

He's only been here since March of 2008? :shrug:

Wasn't he banned from that other site?

My complaint is that you both critisize people by name who are not public figures. 74 has named some rather behind the scenes people while remaining anonymous. It only seems right that if you are going to name names you should open up about who you are and what you do and subject yourselves to the same scrutiny.

Then there was the gloating you (and many others) engaged in after it was announced WDW would be laying off managers. That in and of itself speaks volumes. And I have a long memory. You can keep changing your screen name but you can't change your character it seems.

EPCOT Explorer

*is the only brave one as usual*
:rolleyes::lol:
Yes and no. In system yes. In theme/concept, no.

Yep. The new strategy (at least the one I've been told about) is something that caught me completely off guard. But, the end result would payoff in so many ways...
Well...Isn't something already in the works?;)

And payoff? I like that.:D
I had one of my blue sky "epiphanies" today.:lol:

Instead of a "Blue Sky Cellar", perhaps WDW needs a "Blue Sky Atrium!" to feature new additions.

And I know the perfect place. I think people can figure out what I am thinking if they just use a little Imagination. :)

Apologies to anyone who already thought of this. :eek:

I think the C25 should have been in there in the first place.:shrug:

But I like it.:D

jedimaster1227

*is the only brave one as usual*

Well...Isn't something already in the works?

And payoff? I like that.

Yes, something is in the works--but that doesn't mean its official yet! :animwink:

It so obvious that he is talking about tta addition of Stich to the SSE desent.

Absolutely! You've got me figured out! :sohappy::lookaroun:lol:

Wonder what this new ride techonology back from 2005 is??? Lee already told us... Universal has it.. Not Disney... Think HARRY POTTER... Time will tell if Disney blew it with this new technology or not...

I don't believe Lee said Disney doesn't have it...

The technology isn't all that new. In fact, its not as rare as it may seem. One component of the overall system exists in several theme parks around the world, including multiple installations at Epcot.

The major aspect of the system that Disney lacks is what Potter exploits.

hauntdmansion79

These are the threads I love....4 years old, topic drifts, members coming out of hiding, cat fights.

But within all that, there are some very interesting things mentioned here. It's got to be so hard for Disney. They are such a huge company with everyone watching them to see what they come up with next. And no matter how hard they try, their ideas are going to be leaked and stolen. Either through employees jumping ship or leaked information. As for employees jumping ship or leaked information, I'm sure the other parks pay so much money that no matter what Disney did, they couldn't stop the secrets from walking out the door.

brucie

hopefully we will get some official info soon. but it's good to hear from some people who know things... jedi master!!

Lee

Adventurer
I don't believe Lee said Disney doesn't have it...
The technology isn't all that new. In fact, its not as rare as it may seem. One component of the overall system exists in several theme parks around the world, including multiple installations at Epcot.
The major aspect of the system that Disney lacks is what Potter exploits.
Precisely.
Disney does have the basic technology...it's just the Kuka robotic arms. Disney uses them all the time, only not as a ride system. Uni has that wrapped up for now.
Actually, at the same time Tony was working on his concept, Uni was designing a ride concept themed to Van Helsing using a similar system. Four years later, that same Van Helsing concept (robo arm ride inside a castle) has returned. Funny how ideas never die.:lol:

HMF

Tony Baxter is the Creative Executive that has been given specific ownership of Disneyland park in Anaheim. Much like Bob Weis is the Creative Executive in charge of the DCA Makeover, and Joe Rohde is in charge of Animal Kingdom, Tony has specific ownership of Disneyland.
There's a fourth Imagineer that has the other three WDW parks, but I can't remember his name and he doesn't seem to be nearly as popular as Tony or Joe Rohde.
Just some info the Creative ownership thing is no more. All Imagineers report directly to Bruce Vaughn now. The Imagineer in charge of the other three parks was Tom "Video Screens Rule" Fitzgerald.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Holy thread bump, Batman! :eek:

:lol:
That is what i said when post #2 was from Grizz

This is one of those moments where I just have to chuckle... :lol:

But Disney really should think of this as a blessing. From what I've heard of the testing over at the "Potter Box," the arms haven't been doing a good job of, well... Holding their cargo... :ROFLOL:
WOW.... I havent check on Potterland in quite sometime. Things going ok over there, besides flying dummies.

Lee, you had once said it was amazing? Is that correct? You might have said it had the potential from what you had seen to be... but i could be wrong. I could have you mixed up with someone else.

Boy, some future that was hinted at. :lol;
At first glance at OP, i thought of TSMM... then remember "the arm coaster" :D

jedimaster1227

So would this be different from the project that Tirian and I have alluded to? Because I'm pretty sure that that was scheduled to break ground already.

;)

I'm sure we're talking about different topics, but it may just be that I am so tired--I can't quite get a solid idea of which project you two are alluding to (you can PM me if you'd like). I'm almost 99.89% sure we are not talking about the same thing...

WOW.... I havent check on Potterland in quite sometime. Things going ok over there, besides flying dummies.

As far as I've been told, aside from some technical difficulties with the KUKA system over in the Potter Box, everything else is moving along at a strong pace. I've heard nothing else negative yet.

Just so I don't end up sounding negative about this overall, I should put it out there that I have high hopes for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and all of its attractions. I miss the Lost Continent already (and will miss its remains once Potter absorbs them down the line), but I'm all for change. My trust in Universal Creative was strengthened so much after The Simpsons Ride debuted, because for the first time in a while, I felt like the replacement/update of the attraction (one which I was a huge fan of) was handled extremely well--to the point where I almost prefer the new ride to the original. And on top of that, they gracefully threw in several tributes to the former attraction itself, so I have many reasons to be thankful.

Knowing how meticulous Universal Creative had to be over Potter, especially with Rowling hovering over them like she does her bank account, I can't imagine it being anything short of amazing.

Yes, Disney may have lost the ability to premier a KUKA tracked ride, but thats not to say that they've not got enough to counter in the long term.

Unless Universal is prepared to start offering new attractions annually (which I am all for), sooner or later they will revert to their short-spurt additions scheduling, allowing Disney to do what it does best and continue to bolster their already strong catalog of park attractions across the resort. With Rip, Ride, Rockit and Potter taking up such a strong portion of the budget (and previous additions like the Simpsons and Disaster also on the bill), I can't imagine Universal will be able to keep at it. They may come out ahead this year or the next, but Disney will continue to bring new attractions at times when Universal simply can't... I'm optimistic for both parks about the way the upcoming years will play out--and I'm playing for both sides of the field! :D

tirian

I'm sure we're talking about different topics, but it may just be that I am so tired--I can't quite get a solid idea of which project you two are alluding to (you can PM me if you'd like). I'm almost 99.89% sure we are not talking about the same thing...

As far as I've been told, aside from some technical difficulties with the KUKA system over in the Potter Box, everything else is moving along at a strong pace. I've heard nothing else negative yet.

Just so I don't end up sounding negative about this overall, I should put it out there that I have high hopes for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and all of its attractions. I miss the Lost Continent already (and will miss its remains once Potter absorbs them down the line), but I'm all for change. My trust in Universal Creative was strengthened so much after The Simpsons Ride debuted, because for the first time in a while, I felt like the replacement/update of the attraction (one which I was a huge fan of) was handled extremely well--to the point where I almost prefer the new ride to the original. And on top of that, they gracefully threw in several tributes to the former attraction itself, so I have many reasons to be thankful.

Knowing how meticulous Universal Creative had to be over Potter, especially with Rowling hovering over them like she does her bank account, I can't imagine it being anything short of amazing.

Yes, Disney may have lost the ability to premier a KUKA tracked ride, but thats not to say that they've not got enough to counter in the long term.

Unless Universal is prepared to start offering new attractions annually (which I am all for), sooner or later they will revert to their short-spurt additions scheduling, allowing Disney to do what it does best and continue to bolster their already strong catalog of park attractions across the resort. With Rip, Ride, Rockit and Potter taking up such a strong portion of the budget (and previous additions like the Simpsons and Disaster also on the bill), I can't imagine Universal will be able to keep at it. They may come out ahead this year or the next, but Disney will continue to bring new attractions at times when Universal simply can't... I'm optimistic for both parks about the way the upcoming years will play out--and I'm playing for both sides of the field! :D

Yep, competition is good and keeps entertainment-based businesses on their toes. I don't understand why some Disney fans want Universal and Busch parks to fail—imagine if Hollywood only had one studio churning out movies. Creativity would plummet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom