News Tomorrowland love

Animaniac93-98

Interestingly enough, I was just at WDW for 8 nights, 11/13-11/21, and the CoP was attracting large numbers of guests. I visited the attraction 4 times, all at different times of the day, and the theaters were at least 50-75% full during each of those showings. The other theatre attractions were also featuring large crowds. Both visits to Country Bears required everyone to slide all the way to the right to fit everyone in. Hall of Presidents was at least 75% full. Philharmagic was completely full, Monsters, full, and The Birds were 3/4 full. It was good to see these attractions picking up the slack. Pulling any one of these from the lineup would negatively impact guest satisfaction, for sure. While numbers may be lower during "slow" times of the year, these theatre attractions allow guests to experience them with little to no wait during the busy days. Any time you can get into an attraction with a very short wait, definitely has an impact of the satisfaction of said guest, even if its a theatre attraction.

Magic Kingdom was designed so that every land would have at least one theater attraction:

The Walt Disney Story (Main Street)
Tiki Room (Adventureland)
Country Bears (Frontierland)
Hall of Presidents, Diamond Horseshoe Saloon (Liberty Square)
Mickey Mouse Revue (Fantasyland)
Carousel of Progress, Flight to the Moon/Mission to Mars and Circle-Vision 360 (Tomorrowland)

That's NINE attractions right there that can accommodate large crowds, have air conditioning and, with one exception, let people sit down for 15 or more minutes. WED knew what they were doing here, and it's why the (now cancelled) Main Street Theater was also a good idea.

brb1006

Currently watching the grand opening of Space Mountain from Martin's latest video (bands marching and playing music on the route TTA, groups of people walking on the bottom while holding things, and daytime fireworks). They don't make grand opening ceremonies to this level anymore at WDW or DL. Especially after seeing the dedication/opening ceremonies for Galaxy's Edge and Rise Of The Resistance. Also who voiced Mickey Mouse for that clip?

Last edited:

trainplane3

Currently watching the grand opening of Space Mountain from Martin's latest video (bands marching and playing music on the route TTA, groups of people walking on the bottom while holding things). They don't make grand opening ceremonies to this level anymore at WDW or DL. :(
I mean, SWGE's opening(s) (and events) were pretty grand for the media.

Rich Brownn

Martin's new tribute video to Space Mountain

I rode it in December 1974 as part of employee preview. At the time the projections were not on so it was pitch black. And boy, was it rough - the turns weren't banked so you got flung and when you came up from a drop the transition between upwards and level was so abrupt it threw you forward in the car. I remember getting off the ride and turning to my co-worker and saying "They're seriously not going to open it like this are they?" But they did... and I remember a lot of people complained.
(Side note: Originally the warning sign didn't say "roller coaster". It said it was a "turbulent thrill attraction in the dark". Apparently roller coaster was bad term. However shortly afterwards it was changed to "a roller coaster-type thrill attraction in the dark". I heard that was per Safety but don't know if that was true or they got tired of the CM's explaining "its a roller coaster"

sedati

Martin's new tribute video to Space Mountain

Excellent as always. Judging by the number of times I paused the video, this is one of your best. A lot of art and construction images I'd never seen before.
I don't like the light and power building, but it only emphasizes how poorly served this icon is at ground level. On my last trip I tried to get a good picture of the mountain which had just been painted and was looking great, but I couldn't get a shot without some clutter or fall safety flags obscuring this beautiful structure. Honestly I wish the entry building could be moved or reconfigured somehow. I'd rather have the masses baking in the sun and the whole fastpass checkpoint off to the side. Imagine that kind of mess in front of the castle or Spaceship Earth. Space Mountain is that iconic and needs to be treated as such. Too bad they couldn't place it in the original spot and I hope if there's ever a true refurb of the land we can get it placed as more of a focal point. I'd love to see Discovery Mountain in Paris and how the mountain is treated in full 360.

lazyboy97o

If he did produce content for Disney+ there's the potential it could be edited/revised to make the company look better.

Being unofficial means he can be honest about the company's history and decisions, good and bad.
Martin really does fail at communicating how people with nostalgia for Space Mountain are the only ones who enjoy it, that new audiences just find it boring and it confuses Chinese people.

tirian

Martin really does fail at communicating how people with nostalgia for Space Mountain are the only ones who enjoy it, that new audiences just find it boring and it confuses Chinese people.
Iger will save it with a Nightmare Before Christmas overlay that proves guests should trust character-driven updates!

...One of the funniest and most inaccurate statements in episode five. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom