News Tomorrowland love

Kman101

It's called experimentation and branching out. There's a reason people have been getting sick of the CG movies, they all look the same. So much discourse has emerged over Rapunzel, the Frozen sisters, and the BH6 girls looking the same.

Would have loved a hand drawn Tangled. It's still one of my favorite movies. That and Princess and the Frog. I'd take both over Frozen any day of the week.

And yeah, the CG is overdone. A lot of characters do come off looking the same. But then again, look at old Disney movies. Similar scenes just different characters ....

Kman101

Stitch doesn’t belong in Fantasyland though. Tomorrowland, yes, Adventureland, maybe, but Fantasy/Frontier/Liberty? No.

Exactly. You can't shove everything under the same umbrella. Not all animated movies belong in Fantasyland. With the vast amount of animated movies they're going to be spread out in places that can make sense (I said can, not that they always do or that I always agree with it). It's like people saying put Frozen in DHS. No. I'd rather it be in Fantasyland. Not every movie belongs in DHS, either.

Sir_Cliff

Exactly. You can't shove everything under the same umbrella. Not all animated movies belong in Fantasyland. With the vast amount of animated movies they're going to be spread out in places that can make sense (I said can, not that they always do or that I always agree with it). It's like people saying put Frozen in DHS. No. I'd rather it be in Fantasyland. Not every movie belongs in DHS, either.
To my mind, Stitch in Tomorrowland is an example of how an IP can be used without undermining the theme of a land. Much, much more so than Buzz and certainly more than Wreck it Ralph which seemed to be a favourite for a while to replace Stitch. Sure the actual attraction is rubbish, but in theory Stitch in Tomorrowland isn't particularly outrageous!

Kman101

To my mind, Stitch in Tomorrowland is an example of how an IP can be used without undermining the theme of a land. Much, much more so than Buzz and certainly more than Wreck it Ralph which seemed to be a favourite for a while to replace Stitch. Sure the actual attraction is rubbish, but in theory Stitch in Tomorrowland isn't particularly outrageous!

It really isn't that outrageous, makes much more sense to me than Buzz and even Monsters Inc (which is a nice attraction in the wrong park, though I guess in a sense Monsters can be made to work though I'm not sure I agree; I'm only torn because it's not a bad attraction). I also don't hate him in the Tiki Room in Japan (though I'm not sure I'd love it here, but I guess worst case scenario ... although WDW seems done with Stitch). Adventureland also kind of makes sense. It can't get any worse than Iago screaming at us and basically trashing the original Tiki Bird show ....

The problem was Stitch was made unlikeable in the attraction. The script is bad. And it already had a negative strike against it for replacing Alien Encounter. But on it's own I don't mind Stitch in Tomorrowland if we have to have characters ... The attraction as it is won't be a loss (minus the AAs) to Tomorrowland but I think they're removing the wrong IP ....

Sir_Cliff

It really isn't that outrageous, makes much more sense to me than Buzz and even Monsters Inc (which is a nice attraction in the wrong park, though I guess in a sense Monsters can be made to work though I'm not sure I agree; I'm only torn because it's not a bad attraction).
To be honest, placing Monsters Inc right at the entrance to Tomorrowland is for me one of the most egregious examples of Disney completely disregarding theme to shove in an IP. Perhaps the worst until Guardians of the Galaxy moves into Future World.

Animaniac93-98

To be honest, placing Monsters Inc right at the entrance to Tomorrowland is for me one of the most egregious examples of Disney completely disregarding theme to shove in an IP. Perhaps the worst until Guardians of the Galaxy moves into Future World.

That the first things you see walking into Tomorrowland are Laugh Floor and (a now closed) Stitch is pretty depressing. I hope better things will come as part of this Land's reimagining.

FullSailDan

I honestly kinda hope that they retheme Buzz to a Lilo and Stitch ride where you have to try to capture all the other 626 experiments. That would fix the problem of Buzz essentially being another version of Midway Mania, and it would provide a place for the Stitch AA

Stitch doesn't sell nearly well enough anymore to justify an attraction change. I'm doubtful we'll see anything Stitch in the parks again. Agreed Buzz needs an update bad, even if it's just to refresh and clean it up as it looks so ragged right now. (And has for at least 2-3 years).

SteamboatJoe

I would rather have a cyberpunk look to tomorrowland than what ever they are doing to it... it's way to minimalist. With Tron being built, it's going to show the identity crisis inside of Tomorrowland.

Have to disagree. It seems like it should match Tron very well. Tomorrowland needs to be minimalist to provide a stark design contrast to the other lands. There is plenty of daytime color and whimsy in the rest of the park. It will be interesting to see what the nighttime lighting plan will be. Will it be white, blue, and gray or will it transform from cold tones into the warm and vibrant lighting package that is currently used?

Cyberpunk is more of a nitch fandom and by the time it would be implemented it would likely seem stale and behind the times. Sort of what happened with the current theme.

FigmentJedi

Cyberpunk is more of a nitch fandom and by the time it would be implemented it would likely seem stale and behind the times. Sort of what happened with the current theme.
Also, some would argue that we're already living in a cyberpunk dystopia. We're just missing the giant hologram ladies and the replicants.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom