News Tomorrowland love

disney1023

LOL I'm sure they will. I had no idea about this wall craze (I was aware of the Famous Purple Wall). I browse instagram, twitter, etc. but I'm not into it like others seem to be .... I'm kind of glad I was born when I was lol. I couldn't imagine being as addicted to my phone and social media life as some people are. I mean, do what you love, more power to you, but I don't get it (well, I get the 'I want attention' part).
All true.

Animaniac93-98

They can paint it as blue and white as they'd like, but the "Deco Tech" fixtures and architecture of New Tomorrowland (1994) will still clash with Tron and what's still left of 70s Tomorrowland. I know they'd never spend the money, but they should just make it look like Tokyo:

e32d7566a49cf9ea86258083c40eb937.jpg

tomorrowland-corridor-space-mountain-night-tokyo-disneyland-M.jpg

RIP Star Jets (closed October 2017)

star-jets-night-tokyo-disneyland.jpg

starjets-the-last-mission-800x533.jpg

CoasterSnoop

I really hate that Stitch is seasonal, no matter how bad it is. It’s obvious that they have no replacement yet, and the Magic Kingdom needs all the capacity it can get. Lower guest satisfaction scores aren’t stopping anybody from coming back.

This has really been bothering me, too. Stitch is at the front of Tomorrowland and it's being held in seasonal indefinitely, with no solid plan to replace it yet. When the WIR plans fell through, they should've pulled it out of seasonal, though to my knowledge that's never been done before so I'm not even sure if it's possible. It's not the best attraction out there, but it sure is better than an empty building.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
They can paint it as blue and white as they'd like, but the "Deco Tech" fixtures and architecture of New Tomorrowland (1994) will still clash with Tron and what's still left of 70s Tomorrowland. I know they'd never spend the money, but they should just make it look like Tokyo:

They’ll have to remove the "deco tech" then.

aladdin2007

what is replacing their star jets?

PorterRedkey

I may be the only one, but Stitch (if they’d just open it and run it) doesn’t bother me nearly as much as Buzz. That ride is a dirty mess, both on ride and queue. Peeling vinyl wraps, poor maintenance, flaking paint, and just useless kitch. It feels like a Midway Mania knockoff now - which is sad because it was its prototype. But I’d not be at all saddened by it being Tomorrowland’s first casualty over Stitch.
The Buzz queue is usually my saddest experience in MK. It must be some kind of "joy blackhole". I feel like a dementor is doing some soul-sucking on me while I'm in there.

I didn't love Stitch, but I will be generous.
PROS:
+Elaborate pre-show
+Incredible AA

CONS:
-too scary for kids
-too immature for a lot of adults
-over-the-head shoulder restraint
-painful (see above)
-chili dog burp in the face
-can be hard to understand what's happening for some guest
-audio too low to be heard over the crying children

Tomorrowland will be a better place without Stitch, Buzz just needs some TLC and maybe an exorcism.

rle4lunch

I've long wanted Buzz gone or given a serious upgrade. I've heard nothing but complaints about it being dirty for years now. (I know everyone's sick of Marvel but this is where I wish FL could use something like Ant-Man) LOL. I think Stitch would benefit from a better script, personally. But I get it if the appeal of Stitch has worn down and they want to move on. They keep trying to dump his M&G. I think Buzz, Stitch and Monsters should all go. But two seem to be staying for the forseeable future, and I kind of don't get it. I mean, I do. They're popular and kid friendly. But still. Monsters is great and I hate to say remove it, but I'd prefer it at DHS, where it should have gone.

No offense to those Stitch lovers out there, but the movie, particularly that terrible 90s animation style Disney was using, sucks!

DinoInstitute

I've long wanted Buzz gone or given a serious upgrade. I've heard nothing but complaints about it being dirty for years now. (I know everyone's sick of Marvel but this is where I wish FL could use something like Ant-Man) LOL. I think Stitch would benefit from a better script, personally. But I get it if the appeal of Stitch has worn down and they want to move on. They keep trying to dump his M&G. I think Buzz, Stitch and Monsters should all go. But two seem to be staying for the forseeable future, and I kind of don't get it. I mean, I do. They're popular and kid friendly. But still. Monsters is great and I hate to say remove it, but I'd prefer it at DHS, where it should have gone.
Buzz I don't see going anywhere, but it does certainly need at least a big refurbishment. I'd be cool with it getting the Shanghai treatment, make it feel actually futuristic and "real" instead of a toy.

disney1023

This has really been bothering me, too. Stitch is at the front of Tomorrowland and it's being held in seasonal indefinitely, with no solid plan to replace it yet. When the WIR plans fell through, they should've pulled it out of seasonal, though to my knowledge that's never been done before so I'm not even sure if it's possible. It's not the best attraction out there, but it sure is better than an empty building.
Carousel of Progress was taken out of seasonal, but it was the only one.

Sir_Cliff

No offense to those Stitch lovers out there, but the movie, particularly that terrible 90s animation style Disney was using, sucks!
I think the movie is good, though not among Disney's best. Either way, one thing that was very noticeable when I was at WDW last year was that Stitch still seems to be one of their most merchandisable characters. From what people were buying to home made t-shirts, I was surprised how much I was seeing Stitch everywhere. The character was better than his movie and he's definitely galaxies beyond the attraction they came up with for him. Which is a bit of a shame, as I have to admit that I quite like Stitch as a character.

Bairstow

The movie didn't come out until 2002, and the animation style, the backgrounds in particular, was actually an attempt by Disney/Sanders to replicate the general style of a Studio Ghibli movie like My Neighbor Totoro or Kiki's Delivery Service.

MrConbon

YES! Absolutely loving this change that is happening in Tomorrowland. The land has he potential to be my favorite but riding around the peoplemover always makes me notice how much TLC it needs. Can’t wait to see the rest of the painting done.

rle4lunch

The movie didn't come out until 2002, and the animation style, the backgrounds in particular, was actually an attempt by Disney/Sanders to replicate the general style of a Studio Ghibli movie like My Neighbor Totoro or Kiki's Delivery Service.

It followed the same pattern and style from the 90s movies like hunchback and to a lesser extent Hercules (not style, but weirdo disproportionately shaped anatomies). Disney animation struggled to find a style to go with between 95-05 and it shows. Pixar was Disney's saving grace after they absorbed them.

Edit; whatever they were trying to do, nobody really cared. The movies were weak.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom