News Tomorrowland love

montyz81

If anything the new land when finished will closer match the Tron aesthetic.
TlandTron.png

Great, hopefully it will look like this then?

Last edited:

njDizFan

Whatever you say, glad my opinion is wrong... lol smh.

My thoughts on this is that the easiest way to spot the underperforming movies in Disney's filmography is to turn on Disney channel, Disney xd and Disney jr. The movies on constant rotation are the duds. Pocohantas, chicken little, Atlantis, Tarzan, Hercules, lilo and stitch...

All, subpar films.

Hunchback is the exception to the rotation rule, its so bad they might only play that once or twice a decade now.

Granted L&S got a ride, but think of what Disney was churning out back then. The less stinkiest turd was hailed as a triumph in a time where Disney wasn't making surefire hits every year. Fans were eager to see Disney make something good, L&S cleared the bar in their head.

I LOVE traditional animation, but even the House of Mouse stuff they were making felt like they were phoning it in..
I think Hunchback is possibly the best Disney animated feature.

Comparing the early 90's features against the late 90's for me is a wash. Mermaid, Rescuers Down Under, BatB, Aladdin, Lion King VS Pocahontas, Hunchback, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan. Films like Hunchback would never be made in today's Hollywood. The themes are too adult and without a princess it lacks merchandising power. Or maybe just the oversaturation of the big 4 and the princess infatuation that ensued.

Anyway back to the Tomorowland love.

Bairstow

It got one. It’s just not maintained properly.

Last year it had failed completely and the entire structure was lit by random temporary LED floodlights from the load deck. I hope it got fixed quickly.

It did not.
At least as of 2 weeks ago it was just dim floodlight lighting.

Incomudro

It really isn't that outrageous, makes much more sense to me than Buzz and even Monsters Inc (which is a nice attraction in the wrong park, though I guess in a sense Monsters can be made to work though I'm not sure I agree; I'm only torn because it's not a bad attraction). I also don't hate him in the Tiki Room in Japan (though I'm not sure I'd love it here, but I guess worst case scenario ... although WDW seems done with Stitch). Adventureland also kind of makes sense. It can't get any worse than Iago screaming at us and basically trashing the original Tiki Bird show ....

The problem was Stitch was made unlikeable in the attraction. The script is bad. And it already had a negative strike against it for replacing Alien Encounter. But on it's own I don't mind Stitch in Tomorrowland if we have to have characters ... The attraction as it is won't be a loss (minus the AAs) to Tomorrowland but I think they're removing the wrong IP ....
I like Stitch best at Typhoon Lagoon.

Cesar R M

Stitch doesn't sell nearly well enough anymore to justify an attraction change. I'm doubtful we'll see anything Stitch in the parks again. Agreed Buzz needs an update bad, even if it's just to refresh and clean it up as it looks so ragged right now. (And has for at least 2-3 years).
It almost feels like self sabotage.

Do not mention stitch, barely use him, no new content.. and they didnt expected the reduce of popularity?
lol

Are you kidding? I see Stitch merchandise everywhere.

Merchandise, maybe.. but could be old stock.

But I think he means new content, tv ads, etc..

Bairstow

It almost feels like self sabotage.

Do not mention stitch, barely use him, no new content.. and they didnt expected the reduce of popularity?
lol

Merchandise, maybe.. but could be old stock.

But I think he means new content, tv ads, etc..

Well they just launched a whole new Stitch cartoon series (his third) last year in Asia, which was originally produced in English. It started airing in English just this year. They haven't shown it on the US Disney Channel yet but that doesn't mean they won't.

FigmentJedi

Well they just launched a whole new Stitch cartoon series (his third) last year in Asia, which was originally produced in English. It started airing in English just this year. They haven't shown it on the US Disney Channel yet but that doesn't mean they won't.

Considering the Anime dub never really hit American shores, I get the feeling the same thing will happen with Stitch and Ai.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom