News Tomorrowland love

Bairstow

I can't wait for them to start selling merchandise for Toilet Stall # 5 in Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe Magic bands, shirts, hats, Made with Magic interactivity when your very close to stall #5, a celebratory float for the stall...Yessir ladies and gentleman they are selling out on a whole lot of "crap"....;):hilarious:

Well they do sell commemerative pins of the trash cans, so it's probably not as far-fetched as it seems.

Kman101

Mary Poppins' Practically Perfect and Positively Purple Wall Tea Party tm
Select days in the Magic Kingdom Join Mary Poppins for a practically Perfect Tea Party featuring Purple Cupcakes and treats. Guests will be allowed unlimited special time with the Purple Wall for photographs, and the opportunity to purchase specially branded merchandise.
$49.95 Adults
$24.95 Children
DVC Discount not available.

$69.95 Adults

;)

Kman101

I was under the impression that attendance had started to go down at one point. Iger has openly stated that the increase in costs is a tactic to decrease attendance, instead of having to add capacity. The plan was to have less guests but have each of them spending more money.

Disney no longer cares about repeat guests.

Also, why did they still hold themselves to the same show standards for 40+ years after the opening of Disneyland, if the old way was simply to establish a market?

I can't believe we're actually discussing why it's okay that quality standards at the resort have dropped.

It's not OK quality standards have dropped but I don't believe the average guest is where a lot of you think they are or want them to be. JMO. It could of course happen, I believe it's very slowly starting ...

Not justifying it or excusing it, just explaining how I see it in that the average guest isn't as overly concerned about the things we all are. Some are, of course. Over time they'll probably find themselves losing interest and they aren't sure why ... I think the brand remains strong. It's the pricing more so than perceived quality that will deter people. The majority of guests will likely LOVE Toy Story Land while many on here have expressed valid reasons why the land is weak. But do you truly believe the average guest thinks about these things? I don't. I wish they did. Maybe they do and I'm underselling them, but I think many of you are overselling them because you yourself (not saying you specifically) have reached that point.

Many guests have no idea what it was like 20 or 30 years ago. I do think they should and may feel something is missing but it won't be because they're basing it on what it was like in 1975 or 1986.

They're reaching their tipping point with the pricing and lack of service but I'm not sure we're there just yet.

Castle Cake Apologist

It's not OK quality standards have dropped but I don't believe the average guest is where a lot of you think they are or want them to be. JMO. It could of course happen, I believe it's very slowly starting ...

Not justifying it or excusing it, just explaining how I see it in that the average guest isn't as overly concerned about the things we all are. Some are, of course. Over time they'll probably find themselves losing interest and they aren't sure why ... I think the brand remains strong. It's the pricing more so than perceived quality that will deter people. The majority of guests will likely LOVE Toy Story Land while many on here have expressed valid reasons why the land is weak. But do you truly believe the average guest thinks about these things? I don't. I wish they did. Maybe they do and I'm underselling them, but I think many of you are overselling them because you yourself (not saying you specifically) have reached that point.

Many guests have no idea what it was like 20 or 30 years ago. I do think they should and may feel something is missing.

They're reaching their tipping point with the pricing and lack of service but I'm not sure we're there just yet.

I was waiting for you to edit the post so I understood what the first paragraph meant before I replied, and you didn't disappoint lol. You and I are the same in that regard. Half of my posts go through like twenty drafts before I'm happy with them.

I totally get that the average guest doesn't pick up on as much as we do. The thing, though, is that Disney used to not cater to what the "average guest" would notice. That's what made them different.

I assure you- if pricing keeps increasing while quality and service continues to fall, there will be trouble down the road. They seem so focused on short-term profits that I think they're going to wind up doing irreparable damage to both the resort and the brand. I would imagine even the average guest would pick up on things being closed for seemingly no reason.

Kman101

And the Hat as well......:banghead:
purple-wall-hats.jpg

What's next? The Shirt, Undergaments, Purple Sprinkled Churro's???

It's kind of sad they're now desperate to be in on the 'cool thing to do'

I can't say I blame 'em for wanting to cash in but I do have to LOL

They always overdo it. Anyone tired of Rose Gold everything yet?

Kman101

I was waiting for you to edit the post so I understood what the first paragraph meant before I replied, and you didn't disappoint lol. You and I are the same in that regard. Half of my posts go through like twenty drafts before I'm happy with them.

I totally get that the average guest doesn't pick up on as much as we do. The thing, though, is that Disney used to not cater to what the "average guest" would notice. That's what made them different.

I assure you- if pricing keeps increasing while quality and service continues to fall, there will be trouble down the road. They seem so focused on short-term profits that I think they're going to wind up doing irreparable damage to both the resort and the brand. I would imagine even the average guest would pick up on things being closed for seemingly no reason.

I agree that they used to not cater to what the average guest would notice, but they seem to be and it seems to be their excuse to cut back and do the bare minimum, sometimes just a bit more.

I do agree there's going to be a point that guests finally notice they aren't truly getting what they paid for. It's starting to happen. I'm not saying it won't but I just don't believe we're there yet and a lot of guests have no clue or expectations and have a great time. I think being greedy is going to be their downfall, no question about it. I'm really a bit surprised more guests aren't there yet but I don't see a mass revolt ... yet (and I still question if there ever will be a true mass drop in guests and spending. We shall see ...).

The parking fee was a big mistake that's going to really start the nickel and diming talk. Yeah, it should have been talked about already but this is getting them attention and not in a good way, but they probably won't care. Look at how fast they raised the Minnie Van price service. How soon before it's 35 and 40? I do hope guests pay attention but we've seen so much happen and these same things keep happening, so where are the guests finally reaching their tipping point?

I mean, the guests let them get away with it by eating up all of their offerings and upcharges, etc. So that's why I say .... where's the average guest's tipping point? I don't think it's here yet. But I'm not trying to argue it won't. I'm just not seeing it yet, the guests are rewarding their behavior at the moment.

But I imagine if guests drop off and it's noticable in their pockets they will cut cut cut, not spend to add. At least this current batch of folks running things. You'd think the obvious answer is spend to draw in guests but we know they do they opposite, lol. I'm fearful we end up with another two decades of stagnation. They already run it like they're going out of business, lol. And they surely aren't.

And thanks for waiting for me to edit, lol. I always think of more to add and just figure it makes more sense to add to the post I already started. We're on the same page but I'm just not sure where the average guest will finally revolt. It's going to be interesting to watch. I do think some posters put their own feelings on the average guest, and that was just one of the points I was trying to make, that just because someone has reached their tipping point, for now, the average guest is rewarding them for their nickel and diming.

donaldtoo

Oh, wow. I thought that was a joke. As if to say, "haha - Disney will be selling merch to capitalize on the purple wall!! haha" Nope. There it is.

This is when you know they've jumped the shark - when you can no longer tell the difference between reality and snide jokes. That didn't use to be the case.

To me it screams: We're out of ideas, but we'll take your money!

Not following most of your response to my post...
I was just saying that I thought the futuristic-themed "palm trees" in TL were funky-cool, and, if, during this era of "Tomorrowland love" ;), they were going the way of the Dodo, I wouldn't mind obtaining a couple for my backyard. No joke.
Never gonna' happen 'cause I probably wouldn't/couldn't afford what they'd be goin' for in the first place if they ever went to some auction.
And, I would have no interest in giving them my money for some scaled-down, gift shop version.

As far as the purple wall goes, I've known about it for quite some time due to other members TR pics of themselves in front of it.
Cute, but, I've never had my pic taken in front of it, and, frankly, wouldn't care if they painted it baby poop green.
Disney Imagineers didn't come up with this, the fans did, and Disney saw the opportunity and ran with it. I don't, necessarily, blame them. Funny how it seems the fans are the "Imagineers" of this one...!!!!! :hilarious:

As far as your last sentence goes...
Yup...!!! :greedy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom