News Tomorrowland love

Movielover

so it turns out that the wall I got my picture at last fall isn’t ‘the purple wall’. It’s next to Auntie Gravity (I think), so it’s hidden but still purple. Knock yourselves out people, if you want no lines and a very purple wall.

1521879389955.png

TJJohn12

I think they know Stitch will be replaced, they are just hamstrung deciding what will replace it.

I may be the only one, but Stitch (if they’d just open it and run it) doesn’t bother me nearly as much as Buzz. That ride is a dirty mess, both on ride and queue. Peeling vinyl wraps, poor maintenance, flaking paint, and just useless kitch. It feels like a Midway Mania knockoff now - which is sad because it was its prototype. But I’d not be at all saddened by it being Tomorrowland’s first casualty over Stitch.

rle4lunch

I may be the only one, but Stitch (if they’d just open it and run it) doesn’t bother me nearly as much as Buzz. That ride is a dirty mess, both on ride and queue. Peeling vinyl wraps, poor maintenance, flaking paint, and just useless kitch. It feels like a Midway Mania knockoff now - which is sad because it was its prototype. But I’d not be at all saddened by it being Tomorrowland’s first casualty over Stitch.

Buzz is straight up bad. Hot mess is the perfect term for it.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
I must be out of the loop. What's with this purple wall again?

Beyond it being a purple-colored wall; does it impart some magical ability when one touches it? If licked does it taste of snozberries? If one stares at it long enough does it form a 3D picture of a Figment like one of those Magic Eye patterns I could never figure out? Is the purple wall nothing more than a collaboration between Disney and Purple® the pillow company of the future... a new sponsor for Tomorrowland?

Last edited:

disney1023

In 1986 we would have been talking about this wall.
tls.jpg
instead, in 2018, we are talking about a plain purple wall. Wow Disney has really advanced the idea of “progress” quite a long way in 36 years
One of the walls at the seas still looks like the bottom of the original mural and is referred to as "the toothpaste wall."
1521902154286.png

(I had to look up all the "Disney" walls)

Kman101

I've long wanted Buzz gone or given a serious upgrade. I've heard nothing but complaints about it being dirty for years now. (I know everyone's sick of Marvel but this is where I wish FL could use something like Ant-Man) LOL. I think Stitch would benefit from a better script, personally. But I get it if the appeal of Stitch has worn down and they want to move on. They keep trying to dump his M&G. I think Buzz, Stitch and Monsters should all go. But two seem to be staying for the forseeable future, and I kind of don't get it. I mean, I do. They're popular and kid friendly. But still. Monsters is great and I hate to say remove it, but I'd prefer it at DHS, where it should have gone.

disney1023

LOL, the toothpaste wall? But I guess I can see that.
There is also the bubblegum wall (exit of Spaceship Earth), the moss wall (exit of Avatar Flight of Passage), the Carousel of Progress wall, and the Disney Springs wall. I think Disney is eventually going to go beyond just purple wall merchandise at some point.

Kman101

There is also the bubblegum wall (exit of Spaceship Earth), the moss wall (exit of Avatar Flight of Passage), the Carousel of Progress wall, and the Disney Springs wall. I think Disney is eventually going to go beyond just purple wall merchandise at some point.

LOL I'm sure they will. I had no idea about this wall craze (I was aware of the Famous Purple Wall). I browse instagram, twitter, etc. but I'm not into it like others seem to be .... I'm kind of glad I was born when I was lol. I couldn't imagine being as addicted to my phone and social media life as some people are. I mean, do what you love, more power to you, but I don't get it (well, I get the 'I want attention' part).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom