News Tomorrowland love

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ah, I couldn't remember if it was '16 or '17 that saw the decrease. I'l be the first to admit that I don't follow attendance patterns that closely.

Everything else stands, though. Iger wanted to control attendance by increasing prices, which would also increase per-guest spending.

All of that aside, there's still no excuse to have a perfectly operational attraction sitting closed. Even more so if attendance is back up.

That was TEA's '16 numbers. We should expect '17 numbers around this June.

Cmdr_Crimson

I don't get it. So it's a freaking purple wall. But WDW even has MBs about it.

https://www.shopdisney.com/purple-wall-magicband-2-walt-disney-world-limited-release-1468214

file_7d699ab3.jpeg

Okaay.

And the Hat as well......:banghead:
purple-wall-hats.jpg

What's next? The Shirt, Undergaments, Purple Sprinkled Churro's???

mikejs78

Premium Member
Ah, I couldn't remember if it was '16 or '17 that saw the decrease. I'l be the first to admit that I don't follow attendance patterns that closely.

Everything else stands, though. Iger wanted to control attendance by increasing prices, which would also increase per-guest spending.

All of that aside, there's still no excuse to have a perfectly operational attraction sitting closed. Even more so if attendance is back up.
I think @marni1971 once said that guest satisfaction scores for MK were higher on days when Stitch was closed. Correct me if I'm misremembering....

Brad Bishop

I've always thought they were cool and funky, if not a bit over-done/articulated.
Would love to be able to get ahold of at least a couple of 'em to put in our backyard...!!!

Oh, wow. I thought that was a joke. As if to say, "haha - Disney will be selling merch to capitalize on the purple wall!! haha" Nope. There it is.

This is when you know they've jumped the shark - when you can no longer tell the difference between reality and snide jokes. That didn't use to be the case.

To me it screams: We're out of ideas, but we'll take your money!

Brad Bishop

Mary Poppins' Practically Perfect and Positively Purple Wall Tea Party tm
Select days in the Magic Kingdom Join Mary Poppins for a practically Perfect Tea Party featuring Purple Cupcakes and treats. Guests will be allowed unlimited special time with the Purple Wall for photographs, and the opportunity to purchase specially branded merchandise.
$49.95 Adults
$24.95 Children
DVC Discount not available.

Again.. I can't tell if this is a joke. If it's not.. Ugh! This is why I no longer go.

Brad Bishop

The more I think about it I kind of hope it becomes enough of a "thing" that the managers at WDW actually start painting other walls at other parks solid colors (sort of like what @ppete1975 mentioned) and then start promoting those as well.

I could totally see them doing this.

"Coming for the Holidays.... A whole new Epcot experience... The Blue Wall..."
..for those of you who don't think it'd fit into Future World or World Showcase they could trot Rhode out to explain, "...how of the many colors of the old/future world, blue was one of them..." (so it fits the theming)

I'm not kidding with that. I could see the marketing guys having a meeting, "WE NEED MORE COLORED WALLS!!!"

If Kodak were still viable they could make them all "Kodak Picture Spots".

Maybe they could roll the Purple Wall into a movie franchise, "The Purple Movie"

I should be selling these ideas to them.

Bairstow

What the heck is with this purple wall? Am I old and missed something???

Maybe and yes?

I consider myself a huge Disney World dork and had no idea the purple wall was even a "thing" until I read this thread.
Because I don't Instagram.

Just goes to show you that different fans obsesses over different dumb things. I imagine that the teenagers who love the purple wall don't geek out about minor editing changes in the Tower of Terror music loop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom