News Tomorrowland love

Castle Cake Apologist

Castle Cake Apologist

Ok, so when is Disney going to see a drop in attendance and resort occupancy?

I was under the impression that attendance had started to go down at one point. Iger has openly stated that the increase in costs is a tactic to decrease attendance, instead of having to add capacity. The plan was to have less guests but have each of them spending more money.

Disney no longer cares about repeat guests.

Also, why did they still hold themselves to the same show standards for 40+ years after the opening of Disneyland, if the old way was simply to establish a market?

I can't believe we're actually discussing why it's okay that quality standards at the resort have dropped.

DAK1928

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 4.57.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 4.57.45 PM.png
    205.1 KB · Views: 151

Bairstow

Ok, I get the backstory and that is cool.
But I swear that I have seen them open in the day and closed at night (not just that one.) Seriously I'm not imagining that... even though I can't find any images of them closed at night.
Crazy.

Maybe it's because the ones closer to the main plaza are spread open whereas the ones nearest the speedway and the path to Fantasyland (which tends to get more traffic after dark) are partially closed.
Maybe this is by design.

Timothy_Q

Maybe it's because the ones closer to the main plaza are spread open whereas the ones nearest the speedway and the path to Fantasyland (which tends to get more traffic after dark) are partially closed.
Maybe this is by design.
There’s only a single group of palm trees.

6 in a row, between Space and Astro Orbiter.
With only 1 being “closed”, or without the coconuts

Castle Cake Apologist

That was the previous year. All indications are that attendance has increased this past year.

Ah, I couldn't remember if it was '16 or '17 that saw the decrease. I'l be the first to admit that I don't follow attendance patterns that closely.

Everything else stands, though. Iger wanted to control attendance by increasing prices, which would also increase per-guest spending.

All of that aside, there's still no excuse to have a perfectly operational attraction sitting closed. Even more so if attendance is back up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom