News Tomorrowland love

PizzaPlanet

It seems not.

Management decisions besides, issues included

Broken or badly aligned lighting on what queue windows are left
Broken star projections on load ceiling
Omega launch tunnel had no audio after one day when it had absolutely no lighting effects.
Omega lift hill had all its right hand show lighting broken. Unlit wall, fuel spheres and controller room.
Alpha control room window was visibly filthy
Upper dome had no star effects
Lower dome had numerous broken static star effect projectors
Virtually no spot sound fx working on either track
Re entry tunnel sound effects are still both hopelessly out of sync
Music volume and balance is a joke. Mainly audiable after the main brake zone. Sounds better from the Peoplemover.
Exit Speedway music almost too quiet to hear

These aren't just spotted on the day; I rode numerous times over three weeks and there was no change aside from the aforementioned Omega ride with no launch tunnel lighting for one day.

Surely if I notice it so should those who are paid to have it fixed.
Is there still a lot of peeling paint in the queue? That was a major issue on my last visit.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Martin, this might be a dumb question/proposal. But in other areas I've found that positive encouragement can make all the difference. So in your opinion, is there any way we can help encourage the caretakers of Tomorrowland to keep up their work fixing/updating the area and rides? You had mentioned in the past that these were people were the workers at Disney that cared about the land and were trying to do what they could.

How do we best let them know their work is appreciated & to keep it going?
I need to chase these issues up, but it starts with those who work and look after each facility to report what's wrong. Then what's wrong needs to be followed up. And then resources released to fix what needs fixing.

And there also needs to be an ongoing policy of ongoing maintainence and not one of cutting it.

Sundown

Well, then I would encourage any of our board members who are visiting Tomorrowland to strike up a conversation with those CM's working at Space Mountain (and other areas of the land). Tell them specifically how these pluses are making your experience better. And if you notice an specific issue that needs upkeep/fixing/plussing...certainly bring it up. And ask them to be sure to carry the message forward to perhaps those who are in-charge of the ride(s).

Everything starts with a conversation. I'm sure CM's would be interested in a conversation that isn't "the norm" that they get all day, and would remember it, to relay to others.

EricsBiscuit

Well, then I would encourage any of our board members who are visiting Tomorrowland to strike up a conversation with those CM's working at Space Mountain (and other areas of the land). Tell them specifically how these pluses are making your experience better. And if you notice an specific issue that needs upkeep/fixing/plussing...certainly bring it up. And ask them to be sure to carry the message forward to perhaps those who are in-charge of the ride(s).

Everything starts with a conversation. I'm sure CM's would be interested in a conversation that isn't "the norm" that they get all day, and would remember it, to relay to others.
Disney is terrible at taking feedback unless there's a lawsuit

trainplane3

I tried to avoid Alpha - I hate the chicken corridor queue. But the walls are in a real mess.
I have a hard time believing I'm in WDW when I get stuck in that section of queue. It feels like something I'd find at a small family ran park.

Disney is terrible at taking feedback unless there's a lawsuit
Well, they do have the in-park and post-visit surveys. I've been getting way more critical of them lately. I did one 2 years ago and I remember giving SM a 5/10, Buzz a 5/10, Peoplemover a 9/10, SGE a 1/10, HM 8/10, and BTTM 8/10.

From my trip about 3 months ago, I had a post-visit transportation survey. I pointed out a couple issues with the monorails but I was pretty happy overall.

Sidenote: Having just been at Cedar Point and seeing the park very clean and insanely well ran during the time of the year where crowds are heavy (2 hours to actually park on Saturday, backed up to Highway 2, lines were all at least an hour) and employees are very short (mostly underpaid college students), I was blown away. The crews running Millennium Force, Gatekeeper, Valravn, and Maverick were literally F1 pit crews. They were sprinting around like idiots but kept smiling, making jokes, and having a good time. Long lines, but the crews running the rides were trying to make everything move as fast as possible. The cleanliness was what really surprised me. It was cleaner then my last visit to MK...
Edit: Apparently higher ups at Cedar Point stepped in to assist with the rides since the crowds were that bad this weekend.

Last edited:

Frizzball

My hope is that once Tron is open, they'll close SM and do a proper refurb. Although that would mean at least more 5 years of waiting.

I feel like that's probably the way it will go (or at least should go by rights). At this point they really only have two choices with the state the ride is now in (or three if you count their current policy of leaving it to rot): 1) Add a full refurbishment into the 50 changes for the 50th anniversary, but this would mean closing it down for an extended period of time and thus losing the capacity of a major e-ticket, or 2) Hope the ride lasts until Tron opens only doing the smaller fixes required to keep it working and keep people coming through,and then take it offline for renovation when they have a new e-ticket ride that can absorb the lost capacity.

Of course this is Disney so it's entirely possible they'll choose the nothing route.

Last edited:

bclane

Lipstick on a pig.
I love the analogy of lipstick on a pig, but to me that implies that SM was always a pig and there's nothing you can do to change it. I would say that Space Mountain is more like a beautiful princess that started dating the wrong guy and is now strung out on heroin and living on the streets. With the right amount of love (like a total rebuild vs a new paint job) she can be that beautiful princess again. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom