News Tomorrowland love

PorterRedkey

It seems not.

Management decisions besides, issues included

Broken or badly aligned lighting on what queue windows are left
Broken star projections on load ceiling
Omega launch tunnel had no audio after one day when it had absolutely no audio or lighting effects.
Omega lift hill had all its right hand show lighting broken. Unlit wall, fuel spheres and controller room.
Both control room windows were visibly filthy
Upper dome had no star effects
Lower dome had numerous broken static star effect projectors
Virtually no spot sound fx working on either track
Re entry tunnel sound effects are still both hopelessly out of sync
Music volume and balance is a joke. Mainly audiable after the main brake zone. Sounds better from the Peoplemover.
Exit speedramp music almost too quiet to hear

These aren't just spotted on the day; I rode numerous times over three weeks and there was no change aside from the aforementioned Omega ride with no launch tunnel lighting for one day.

Surely if I notice it so should those who are paid to have it fixed.
Wow!
I realized that they weren't going to re-track the coaster before the 50th, but thought they would at least want to get all the show effects working.
WDW will have a whole new Tomorrowland, but the former headliner will still be in shambles. It is sad they have let things get this far.

fgmnt

CoP exterior paint on the blue portion looked as though it was covered in mold/dirty? Also find it stunning that the exterior sign was replaced over a year ago but the old, ugly signs are still on the stage in sections 1 and 6. And that's just the disappointment there in TL.

GlacierGlacier

CoP exterior paint on the blue portion looked as though it was covered in mold/dirty? Also find it stunning that the exterior sign was replaced over a year ago but the old, ugly signs are still on the stage in sections 1 and 6. And that's just the disappointment there in TL.
The bottom half of CoP's external wall was mucked up bad by irma, but they should just have to powerwash it to clean it. As for internals, I'm expecting at least an update in the modern scene by the 50th. It's still a popular attraction, and I think they'd at least put some more work into it.

But at the same time, this is modern Disney we're talking about. Anything built before the 90s just isn't maintained.

Steel City Magic

While I don't think they would be good movies I wouldn't mind seeing a series based on the books showing up on Disney Channel. Would be better than half the garbage on there now.
I'd rather a string of movies based on the Disney Kingdoms Comics Series (plural) they work really well to flesh out stories for rides (with Imagineer input, and I wish were 100% canon)

PizzaPlanet

But they don't let them die a slow and painful death (or at least I hope they don't do this now)
E.T. was in an awful condition last year. The human AAs had limited movement, the show scenes were littered with a disgusting amount of garbage, and E.T.'s voice was so muffled you couldn't even hear your name being said. And now I hear that the AA in the queue is gone.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
IMG_8196.JPG
The bottom half of CoP's external wall was mucked up bad by irma..
The top section is the mess.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I somehow didn't notice the mold and such on COP... But I DID notice how horrible the animatronics were operating. I did notice that Space Mountain was definitely in horrible shape. I honestly felt a little unsafe riding it, TBH. PeopleMover has a lot of coned vehicles as well, and it's not as smooth as it once was. In fact, my particular car was shaky the entire ride. Buzz Lightyear still has its broken vehicles and feels so nasty.

On the bright side, Laugh Floor Comedy Club is still pretty nice. :)

JohnD

It seems not.

Management decisions besides, issues included

Broken or badly aligned lighting on what queue windows are left
Broken star projections on load ceiling
Omega launch tunnel had no audio after one day when it had absolutely no audio or lighting effects.
Omega lift hill had all its right hand show lighting broken. Unlit wall, fuel spheres and controller room.
Both control room windows were visibly filthy
Upper dome had no star effects
Lower dome had numerous broken static star effect projectors
Virtually no spot sound fx working on either track
Re entry tunnel sound effects are still both hopelessly out of sync
Music volume and balance is a joke. Mainly audiable after the main brake zone. Sounds better from the Peoplemover.
Exit speedramp music almost too quiet to hear

These aren't just spotted on the day; I rode numerous times over three weeks and there was no change aside from the aforementioned Omega ride with no launch tunnel lighting for one day.

Surely if I notice it so should those who are paid to have it fixed.

I sounds like it just needs a major long term refurbishment where basically the entire inside should be gutted and rebuilt from the ground up. To include but not limited to: new tracks, cars, lighting, digital sound, projections. The works. When something like that could happen I don't know. Maybe when Tron opens?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
I sounds like it just needs a major long term refurbishment where basically the entire inside should be gutted and rebuilt from the ground up. To include but not limited to: new tracks, cars, lighting, digital sound, projections. The works. When something like that could happen I don't know. Maybe when Tron opens?
The issues I pointed out could and should be fixed during regular overnight shifts. But yes the attraction as a whole needs a thorough re construction.

They've backed themselves into a corner. This all should have happened as planned nine years ago.

JohnD

The issues I pointed out could and should be fixed during regular overnight shifts. But yes the attraction as a whole needs a thorough re construction.

They've backed themselves into a corner. This all should have happened as planned nine years ago.

I'm not a coaster fan generally but I love Everest so much more than SM. Everest is smooth. I feel like I get whiplash and jerked around on SM.

Brad Bishop

If the Disney Co seriously lets SM fall through the cracks and doesn't give it the necessary loving attention it needs (not to mention other classics like CoP and the Tiki Room, the People Mover, etc)...then...

This is wild speculation but part of me wonders if they let SM fall into enough disrepair that after Tron is built they just shut it down (leave the structure for a decade or so, of course). Tron is the "new Space Mountain" and I've thought Tron was like "Space Mountain v2 at the same park", which always struck me a bit odd, plus it's placement.

I was excited when I initially read that Tomorrowland was getting some love earlier this year. After being there 2 weekends back, it looks as though "love" meant:
- painting the rocks out front blue
- closing Stitch and replacing with a M&G (probably for the better)
- repainting Space Mountain and adding some RGB LED lights to it (which is welcomed - it looked a lot better)

They don't really have to do anything, though, as ticket sales are still solid. Maybe they could raise the price for entry.

Bocabear

Weren't they waiting for Pandora to open so that they could fix the Yeti in Everest? I have no faith that they are waiting to "really redo and upgrade Space Mountain" until Tron opens... They are going to drag everything including the Tron build out as long as possible...if it ever even happens...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom