News Tomorrowland love

Daveeeeed

Only on the internet do a string of people pick up 8 month old conversations without a passing notice.
Haha so true! But at the same time, it is kind of strange this thread died. I guess it went away with D23. I'm, still very excited to see the new look of the land.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well, we're still waiting for the big plan that's supposed to be complete for the 50th (2021).
  • We know of Tron, but not its construction start date.
  • We know Speed Track is being overlaid, probably with Tron racers, but no announcement.
  • No confirmation if something else is taking over Buzz.
  • SGE in M&G limbo.
If this is Tomorrowland v.3 (or 4 or 5), there are no announcements about it. Just Tron and a paint job so far.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Haha so true! But at the same time, it is kind of strange this thread died. I guess it went away with D23. I'm, still very excited to see the new look of the land.
Stitch and Tron both have their own threads focused on those aspects of the update. And nothing else really has happened in the last few months with the rest of the land.

I'm hoping we either get some news or some progress soon on the Tomorrowland refresh.

Sundown

Only on the internet do a string of people pick up 8 month old conversations without a passing notice.

I was wondering why the conversation that followed didn't seem to have to do with my post about a friends opinion about the outdated look of Tomorroland! Hahah

Timothy_Q

Well, we're still waiting for the big plan that's supposed to be complete for the 50th (2021).
  • We know of Tron, but not its construction start date.
  • We know Speed Track is being overlaid, probably with Tron racers, but no announcement.
  • No confirmation if something else is taking over Buzz.
  • SGE in M&G limbo.
If this is Tomorrowland v.3 (or 4 or 5), there are no announcements about it. Just Tron and a paint job so far.
There’s also been some slow cosmetic updates to Cosmic Ray’s, removing the 80s vibe

DisneyDodo

Stitch and Tron both have their own threads focused on those aspects of the update. And nothing else really has happened in the last few months with the rest of the land.

I'm hoping we either get some news or some progress soon on the Tomorrowland refresh.
I don’t think Disney will announce too much before D23 Expo 2019. They’re going to have to come up with a list of 50 enhancements, so they will probably hold off on the relatively minor changes to Tomorrowland (i.e. everything but Tron) until then.

MerlinTheGoat

Space Mountain show quality is currently lousy.
It has gotten even worse? I assume you're referring to something visual in nature beyond the continued declining condition of the track. I assumed Tomorrowland got a new management team that was working on improving show quality.

I haven't ridden Space Mountain in a while. I hate to say this, but the ride has reached a state where it's no longer enjoyable. The years have crept forward without a track replacement and rendered it extremely uncomfortable. And the brakes they added a few years ago to reduce stress on the track have completely neutered the thrills (especially the drops). The reduced speed also made the bumps in the track more pronounced.

Kman101

It has gotten even worse? I assume you're referring to something visual in nature beyond the continued declining condition of the track. I assumed Tomorrowland got a new management team that was working on improving show quality.

I haven't ridden Space Mountain in a while. I hate to say this, but the ride has reached a state where it's no longer enjoyable. The years have crept forward without a track replacement and rendered it extremely uncomfortable. And the brakes they added a few years ago to reduce stress on the track have completely neutered the thrills (especially the drops). The reduced speed also made the bumps in the track more pronounced.

It's not enjoyable anymore. Space Mountain at MK doesn't even exist in my planning when hitting that park anymore. It hasn't for a very very long time. Sadly.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Is there still no "Tomorrowland love" planned for Space Mtn?
It seems not.

Management decisions besides, issues included

Broken or badly aligned lighting on what queue windows are left
Broken star projections on load ceiling
Omega launch tunnel had no audio after one day when it had absolutely no audio or lighting effects.
Omega lift hill had all its right hand show lighting broken. Unlit wall, fuel spheres and controller room.
Both control room windows were visibly filthy
Upper dome had no star effects
Lower dome had numerous broken static star effect projectors
Virtually no spot sound fx working on either track
Re entry tunnel sound effects are still both hopelessly out of sync
Music volume and balance is a joke. Mainly audiable after the main brake zone. Sounds better from the Peoplemover.
Exit speedramp music almost too quiet to hear

These aren't just spotted on the day; I rode numerous times over three weeks and there was no change aside from the aforementioned Omega ride with no launch tunnel lighting for one day.

Surely if I notice it so should those who are paid to have it fixed.

Last edited:

Sundown

It seems not.

Management decisions besides, issues included

Broken or badly aligned lighting on what queue windows are left
Broken star projections on load ceiling
Omega launch tunnel had no audio after one day when it had absolutely no lighting effects.
Omega lift hill had all its right hand show lighting broken. Unlit wall, fuel spheres and controller room.
Alpha control room window was visibly filthy
Upper dome had no star effects
Lower dome had numerous broken static star effect projectors
Virtually no spot sound fx working on either track
Re entry tunnel sound effects are still both hopelessly out of sync
Music volume and balance is a joke. Mainly audiable after the main brake zone. Sounds better from the Peoplemover.
Exit Speedway music almost too quiet to hear

These aren't just spotted on the day; I rode numerous times over three weeks and there was no change aside from the aforementioned Omega ride with no launch tunnel lighting for one day.

Surely if I notice it so should those who are paid to have it fixed.

Martin, this might be a dumb question/proposal. But in other areas I've found that positive encouragement can make all the difference. So in your opinion, is there any way we can help encourage the caretakers of Tomorrowland to keep up their work fixing/updating the area and rides? You had mentioned in the past that these were people were the workers at Disney that cared about the land and were trying to do what they could.

How do we best let them know their work is appreciated & to keep it going?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom