News Tomorrowland love

rct247

I have some more great news from my friends in Tomorrowland.

The EPCOT/Progress City model on TTA has had its lighting upgraded. The lighting is LED and features as sunrise, sunset, and moonlit feature. (Think new Space Mtn lighting, but on the model.) While I don't have any pictures, the sunrise/sunset mode is beautiful!! It really shows off more of the details. The previous blue just seemed to wash them all out.

aladdin2007

I have some more great news from my friends in Tomorrowland.

The EPCOT/Progress City model on TTA has had its lighting upgraded. The lighting is LED and features as sunrise, sunset, and moonlit feature. (Think new Space Mtn lighting, but on the model.) While I don't have any pictures, the sunrise/sunset mode is beautiful!! It really shows off more of the details. The previous blue just seemed to wash them all out.

that is great news, it looked really good today, though I wasn't fortunate to see the sunrise/sunset effect..and it went so fast through there (for some reason) could barely look at it before you were past..however I will say they need to do something with the poeplemover in space mountain, it is pitch black darkness, you cant see anything anymore and there are no lighting effects...ever since they closed up the right side where you use to see the boarding area below its been really bad, you see nothing at all but blackness and it really has ruined the fun of seeing any surroundings...I still lament the loss of the previous narration, its an absolute bore with no detail or ambiance and has stripped tomorrowland of its sonic sounds/words that you could hear throughout the land and on the peoplemover..... the ride also broke down several times today.

Disone

Great to hear about, what is hopefully, a somewhat extensive upcoming refurb.

On my wish list, I always thought it'd be great if the unload section could be better utilized for a quick closing sequence. Right now the attraction closes with nothing but faded curtains and the logo; it such a dull, abrupt ending. Perhaps a small show scene could be built with a sci-fi/"home of the future" looking vibe and a 30-45 second voiceover about progress and technology and better things yet to come. Maybe add in some projection mapping to depict different looking prototypes of future items (fridge, TV, furnishings, etc.)? Then the final theme plays as the curtain closes and the CoP logo is displayed as everyone exits.

Such an addition would bring the show to a formal and cohesive close, bridge that gap from the fourth show scene to the "future," and leave guests with glimpses of that great big beautiful tomorrow thats waiting to be dreamed.
Or why not just a full show scene? They did it with America sings at Disneyland. In that show the theater loaded and unloaded at the same spot. Leaving room for five complete show scenes.

EricsBiscuit

image.jpeg
Bad news. Stitch in SM????????? Found this pin at DAK today for the AP ROL preview (good show, better than nothing I guess).

Fantasmicguy

I'm telling ya, what we need is for more multimedia franchises to emerge from theme park rides. Taking the Disney Kingdoms comic concept or the whole lore of SEA and making a cinematic universe out of Imagineering concepts would be much better then all the crappy remakes of the animation library.
The Kingdom Keepers book franchise getting movies would be amazing

FigmentJedi

The Kingdom Keepers book franchise getting movies would be amazing
God no. We don't need Disney characters taking a backseat to Disney Channel kids in some confused "Super Hologram AI goes rogue" plot that reduces all park original characters to generic robotic minions for the Disney Villains and crap like the broken Yeti animatronic being Chernabog's avatar or whatever.

Sundown

A 38 year old friend and his wife and two young kids visited The Magic Kingdom last week. He told me this today (When he told me about his trip, he didn't yet know I was a Disney Parks enthusiast.)

The first think he said was "It's funny how dated Tomorrowland looks".

Ouch. But interesting to hear someone who isn't a Disney Parks fan make an honest comment like this. I certainly hope that Disney gets moving with the "Tomorrowland Love" that Martin is mentioning!

Cmdr_Crimson

God no. We don't need Disney characters taking a backseat to Disney Channel kids in some confused "Super Hologram AI goes rogue" plot that reduces all park original characters to generic robotic minions for the Disney Villains and crap like the broken Yeti animatronic being Chernabog's avatar or whatever.

Don't forget about that "So-Called" Jon Favreau Magic Kingdom movie that went into limbo as well and was to be and I quote...“Night at the Museum at Disneyland"...Yeeeeahhhhh...o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom