News Tomorrowland love

Timothy_Q

The best option would be to replace the current finale with an exact recreation of the original 1964 finale.
I've defended that idea for ages.

The time gap between scenes doesn't make any sense anymore if they were to keep it in the present.
1900's - 1920's - 1940's - 2020's

Unless they were to change the gaps to 40 years.
But that would cause a crazy backlash (and it wouldn't be a long term fix)
1900's - 1940's - 1980's - 2020's

Last edited:

disney1023

I've defended that idea for ages.

The time gap between scenes doesn't make any sense anymore if they were to keep it in the present.
1900's - 1920's - 1940's - 2020's

Unless they were to change the gaps to 40 years.
But that would cause a crazy backlash (and it wouldn't be a long term fix)
1900's - 1940's - 1980's - 2020's
Or Disney could find a way to convert the unload theater into a new finale and have guests load/unload in theater 1. Increase the time in each scene by a minute or so for the extended amount of time it would take to send guests through one theater.

Done correctly, the 20 year time gap between scenes could stay. 1900's - 1920's - 1940's - 1960's ending - 1980's future (Horizons based, maybe)

Expo_Seeker40

For me, the way to fix the CoP is:

The load theater becomes both load and load. Audience boards to the left and exits out the right.

Everything is branded from the Tomorrowland Metro Retro Historical Society. Curtain rises to reveal a movie screen that tells a brief history of how walt was involved with the world’s fair and the attraction. The narrator also mentions that the attraction goes from the 1900s to the 1960s during Walt’s life but a bonus ending will be shown revealing a glimpse of the future.

Acts 1-4 play out as close as possible to the world’s fair version with a replicated act 4 from 1964.

What was the unload theater stage becomes the new future ending. The current act 4/entire family set will move here and be updated on a need-be basis.

Whenever the new bonus ending gets updated, the cast hired will read off the set in stone script for acts 1-4 so that their voices are consistent by the time the audience reaches act 5.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.

The load theater becomes both load and load. Audience boards to the left and exits out the right.

Everything is branded from the Tomorrowland Metro Retro Historical Society. Curtain rises to reveal a movie screen that tells a brief history of how walt was involved with the world’s fair and the attraction. The narrator also mentions that the attraction goes from the 1900s to the 1960s during Walt’s life but a bonus ending will be shown revealing a glimpse of the future.

Acts 1-4 play out as close as possible to the world’s fair version with a replicated act 4 from 1964.

What was the unload theater stage becomes the new future ending. The current act 4/entire family set will move here and be updated on a need-be basis.

Whenever the new bonus ending gets updated, the cast hired will read off the set in stone script for acts 1-4 so that their voices are consistent by the time the audience reaches act 5.
I like it. 👍

Prog

I belive modest. A general update.
All references to LaserDisc will now have "DVD" overdubbed so that the lines feel less dated.
Its a canopy that looks like the one outside of Test Track now covering the stage in Tomorrowland where the dance parties take place.
d9a6b8f3-fc26-4a24-968b-4e4329e1a2a6-png.296504
Good god that thing needs to be put into the Stitch show building followed by gasoline and several matches.

As for Wall-E, too depressing for the average parkgoer. Though a dystopian Tomorrowland sounds pretty cool to me... while an acapella loop of There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow plays mockingly through the land (think the Toy Story 3 home movie intro)... yes, I like it.

Bocabear

Honestly the simplest would be to brand the whole thing as a "Metro Retro Society" presentation, Restore the final sce back to it's World's Fair glory, Add an enclosed pre-show area with a brief presentation about the historical significance of the Carousel Of Progress and the World's Fair....and let it be the fabulous time capsule that it is..... Or..... Move the entire thing, lock stock and barrell to EPCOT as part of a Walt Disney Pavilion Pricey, but a way to keep it forever relevant within the fabric of the park.

geekza

Pricey, but a way to keep it forever relevant within the fabric of the park.
You just said the magic word that ensures that it will stay where it is until they decide to close it down. I'm just glad it's likely getting a modest refurb as it was my late father's favorite attraction and has become one of mine as well. It has been rumored to close for so many years and my trips to WDW have had more and more years in between them that I'm probably going to see it two or three times this November, simply because it may be my last chance. If the refurb happens and is well-received, maybe it won't be my last chance.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
unless the father's voice is re-tracked completely.

THIS! THIS Is my fear!!!! Let me explain my rational for my First World Problem....

I LOVE the movie A Christmas Story (you know, the one shown on TBS each and every Christmas Eve for 24 hours straight..... "You'll shoot your eye out!") The adult Ralphie is voiced by the Author of the book the movie is based on "In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash" by Jean Shepherd. Mr. Shepherd also has a brief cameo in the film's Santa Clause scene to tell young Ralphie that "Hey kid, The line ends here, it begins down there."

As most of you know, Mr. Shepherd also did the voice of John (the COP father). And sadly Mr. Shepherd pass away in 1999.

So, I am very conflicted..... an update to the COP ride, which in part, I would love, would mean that John's lines would be rerecorded, which I hate, as Mr. Shepherd's voice is forever ingrained in my memory.

Timothy_Q

Or Disney could find a way to convert the unload theater into a new finale and have guests load/unload in theater 1. Increase the time in each scene by a minute or so for the extended amount of time it would take to send guests through one theater.

Done correctly, the 20 year time gap between scenes could stay. 1900's - 1920's - 1940's - 1960's ending - 1980's future (Horizons based, maybe)

Merging load and unload for the sake of adding an extra scene is a great idea.

But having the last scene be the 1980's doesn't really help anything.
It's almost what we have right now

Prog

You just said the magic word that ensures that it will stay where it is until they decide to close it down.
You mean [thematically] "relevant"?

Nah but seriously, I wouldn't worry about the ride shutting down. It has too many ties to Walt and its closure would alienate so many repeat visitors.

Kman101

I like this.

I really think they need to do a better job of touting Walt's World Fair history and the basis of how a lot of ideas came about. I think it'd help if they used this for Future World, really explain the idea that it is based on a World's Fair and tie it to Walt's history.

Sigh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom