News Tomorrowland love

prberk

I can’t believe that the new canopy hasn’t been discussed here. Not sure about the safety part but it does look pretty terrible. Maybe they roasted too many babies during the race! :p
What new canopy are you talking about? I have been out of the loop a bit this year.

Goofnut1980

They shouldn’t have to put canopy’s everywhere. It is Florida and if someone misses that, then shame on them. There wasn’t these all over when I was a kid. Our parents dressed us accordingly. But I am sure someone would sue Disney for a sunburn.

prberk

Its a canopy that looks like the one outside of Test Track now covering the stage in Tomorrowland where the dance parties take place.
d9a6b8f3-fc26-4a24-968b-4e4329e1a2a6-png.296504
Thanks. Ugly and out of theme. But why should I be surprised? Sigh.

geekza

I'll miss the mention of car phones lol.
I was watching The Visitor (1979) last night with my stepson (DON'T YOU DARE JUDGE ME) and at one point the mother in the film picks up a late-70's car phone, coiled cord and all, to call a repair service. I looked over to see my stepson with a look of utter confusion and amusement on his face. I said, "Hey. In 1979, that meant you were super-rich and stylish." He shook his head incredulously and pulled out his iPhone to wave at me.

Kman101

I can’t believe that the new canopy hasn’t been discussed here. Not sure about the safety part but it does look pretty terrible. Maybe they roasted too many babies during the race! :p

It fits right in with the tacky stage ;)

I hate that thing. I hate the thing over Test Track's entrance too. Build a real canopy. But it'd take them 2 years ;) (hi, AK Gazebo)

Kman101

The most ridiculous thing is that we still don't have a next-gen e-ticket Wall-E attraction in Tomorrowland

I'd very much welcome a "real" dark ride in Tomorrowland. Buzz doesn't quite cut it. lol. WALL-E was such an easy IP to use for Tomorrowland or Future World. They'd rather shove in IPs than use the ones that "fit" (I know for many "fit" doesn't apply to anything "IP related" but in their quest for only using IP, they seem to overlook certain ones. Future World ignoring Inside Out and BH6 beyond meet and greets is also disappointing. Both could be used in ways that fit Epcot)

I know Body Wars is empty bays now but it's a shame that they are. They had a simulator attraction they just picked apart! It's ridiculous. If they had them around or had put the lame StormRider in there, they could easily use the simulator for BH6 and reuse Cranium Command as a theater show for Inside Out. I mean ... If they wanted IP so badly ... Again, too bad the simulators are long gone.

GlacierGlacier

I'd very much welcome a "real" dark ride in Tomorrowland. Buzz doesn't quite cut it. lol. WALL-E was such an easy IP to use for Tomorrowland or Future World. They'd rather shove in IPs than use the ones that "fit" (I know for many "fit" doesn't apply to anything "IP related" but in their quest for only using IP, they seem to overlook certain ones. Future World ignoring Inside Out and BH6 beyond meet and greets is also disappointing. Both could be used in ways that fit Epcot)

I know Body Wars is empty bays now but it's a shame that they are. They had a simulator attraction they just picked apart! It's ridiculous. If they had them around or had put the lame StormRider in there, they could easily use the simulator for BH6 and reuse Cranium Command as a theater show for Inside Out. I mean ... If they wanted IP so badly ... Again, too bad the simulators are long gone.
I'm still thinking the best idea is a sci-fi EMV ride in tomorrowland

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom