Timekeeper to become Monsters Inc.

TLandGuy

goofyfan13 said:
Just cause it's not another SM or TOT doesn't mean it's bad. It's been more rare these days for Disney to create a high quality dark ride, and judging from the video this looks pretty good. Peter Pan, and Snow White don't speed up at all and I really enjoy those rides. Just to let you know, this is coming from a thrill junky.

Yeah I mean its not a bad ride... It does have some really cool effects. It is just that at one part you are suppose to be running from the CDA and you are goin the same speed. It is a good younger child ride which is good because Disney tries to include the whole family as much as possible but it just seemed like it was missing something ya know...?

Legacy

TLandGuy said:
Yeah I mean its not a bad ride... It does have some really cool effects. It is just that at one part you are suppose to be running from the CDA and you are goin the same speed. It is a good younger child ride which is good because Disney tries to include the whole family as much as possible but it just seemed like it was missing something ya know...?
That's an advantage that WDW would have. Building a new ride system for the attraction will allow them to actually enhance some of the sensations.

DCA's was just a complete overlay.

Maerj

ImagineerMMC said:
There's a wee bit of a problem with that: I'm 90% sure that Universal (just a little bit of a competitor) owns the Sci-Fi Channel.

Yeah but the BBC still owns Doctor Who, Scifi is just getting the rights to broadcast it here. Anyway, it was just wishful thinking on my part. ;)

goofyfan13

TLandGuy said:

Yea I get what you're saying, since I haven't been on it yet I really can't comment. As posted earlier, if they do bring it over, hopefully they can improve on the aspects that may or may not be effective. :wave:

goofyfan13

Bratstarman said:
I was at MK late last week and I heard a CM saying that Timekeeper would be transformed into Harry's Encounter, in which Hogwarts is a prison, and a huge Harry Potter animatronic spits into the audience while being menaced by two robotic magic wands. Sounds vaguely familiar....

:lol: :lookaroun

lownalo

I'm not sure what Monsters Inc has to do with the world of Tomorrow but I've heard the Monsters Inc ride at DCA is pretty good.

Mr.EPCOT

I read somewhere over the past couple of days that Monsters, Inc. has been officially announced for Tomorrowland in Tokyo. So we know that it's possible that Disney could be considering it for ours, as well.

Interruption?

DisneyInsider said:
The growth of Fantasyland East continues...
That's it. I'm starting a lobbying organization. It will be called SPT. Society for the Preservation of Tomorrowland. We'll push for Disney legislation (or federal if need be) to deem the existing Tomorrowland attractions (from the New Tomorrowland and including Space Mountain and the Tomorrowland Tran Authority) national historic landmarks that can only be updated and refurbished but not altered or removed.

imamouse

If Monsters, Inc comes to WDW, perhaps we will get the improved version? Just like DL got an improved version of the Buzz ride.

ballewclan

Interruption? said:
That's it. I'm starting a lobbying organization. It will be called SPT. Society for the Preservation of Tomorrowland. We'll push for Disney legislation (or federal if need be) to deem the existing Tomorrowland attractions (from the New Tomorrowland and including Space Mountain and the Tomorrowland Tran Authority) national historic landmarks that can only be updated and refurbished but not altered or removed.

Stitch's Great Escape...a national historic landmark? :lookaroun

:lol:

yensidtlaw1969

Interruption? said:
Lol. I said the New Tomorrowland, not Fantasyland's eastward reenactment of Manifest Destiny.
HA HA! That's funny because Fantasyland and Tomorrowland (and some might say Adventureland) are re-enacting Manifest destiny and right by Fantasyland is Fronteirland which is based on the west and Manifest Destiny took place in the went and the Haunted mansion in WDW takes place in a Hudson river town but the original at Disneyland takes place in New Orleans Square and New Orleans was a bg part of that and Pirates of the Caribbean is also in New Orleans Square in Disneyland and that's also getting Movie characters added to it but that's not Pixar but either way it's still a fantasy type story and that's what Fantasyand is all about and it's recreating manifest destiny which has to do with Lewis and Clark and New Orleans and Jack Sparrow and Sacagawea was an indian and indians were supposed to be part of Western River expedition and that project Disn't happen because of Pirates of the Caribbean and then they ALL HAVE WATER . . .

Yensid "Imagine that in your best anxious 5 year old voice" tlaw1969

princesses_dad

Thanks for the link to the existing Monsters Inc ride. After watching that, the ride belongs in Fantasyland. Or in MGM - I think that is a great idea.

Can anyone submit a link to Timekeeper? I never saw that (I don't think). Wondering what I missed.

Chape19714

princesses_dad said:
Thanks for the link to the existing Monsters Inc ride. After watching that, the ride belongs in Fantasyland. Or in MGM - I think that is a great idea.

Can anyone submit a link to Timekeeper? I never saw that (I don't think). Wondering what I missed.
Not sure that too many films of Timekeeper exist, due to the fact that circlevision 360 is not so easy to film.

bgraham34

princesses_dad said:

QUOTE]

I totally conur.

GothMickey

Is there a way they can do the Monsters Inc ride so it fits Tomorrowland theme? What is the ride in Tokyo DL going to be like? After all that one is going into Tomorrowland as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom