Timekeeper to become Monsters Inc.

polarboi

Oh man...

It just cracks me up when people seize onto a rumor and then proceed to complain about the Imagineers for apparently making a "dumb" decision that, as far as any of us know, they haven't even made.

Personally, I have faith in the Imagineers. Yes, some projects have turned out better than others, but even those projects that haven't worked out to my liking (e.g. SGE) are well-themed. I really don't believe that they would put any new attraction in that doesn't fit the park's theme. Stretch it a little? Sure. But it's going to fit, one way or another. They've been doing this for a long time, and they've done an amazing job. Not perfect, but amazing.

Why is it that the fans are always so quick to complain? I hang out on some Apple sites as well, and they're just as bad over there. They complain about every new product Apple comes out with, and they've been doing it for years. They love the current and past products so much that they hype up every possible rumor, and then disappoint themselves with every new announcement, subsequently complaining that it's not as good as the "good old days."

Want a really good laugh? Check out this thread from an Apple rumor site from back in 2001 when Apple first announced the iPod. And tell me they don't sound just like some of the threads here on WDWMagic sometimes. :)

-p.b.

JROK

polarboi said:
Want a really good laugh? Check out this thread from an Apple rumor site from back in 2001 when Apple first announced the iPod. And tell me they don't sound just like some of the threads here on WDWMagic sometimes. :)

-p.b.

LOL That's such a good thread!! Reminds me of how everyone is complaining about Canon's new 30D dSLR... and also, now the big iPod rumor is the true Video iPod with the scroll wheel on the screen... we'll see... we'll see... that's really funny and puts this all in perspective... people going, "That's the worst idea ever!" and then ends up being the most successful MP3 player out there and starts a whole new underground scene... really cool! Thanks!!

jaredliu

gee....another pixar tie-in........ I would rather see MK got their signature attractions drastically rehabed (Space Mt,Huanted Mansion) before they add new rides.

KrazyKemp

Original Poster
JCrane said:
I see that this thread has been running for a while so I figured I'd throw my two cents worth in to the debate...

Being a big fan of the Monsters, Inc movie, I would love to see Disney introduce a linked ride in to it's parks. The talk seems to be of a possib;e inclusion in to Tomorrow Land which, if I really try to, could see it fitting perfectly. However, I have to agree with some of the posts I've read pushing for it's inclusion over at the Studios. That park is clearly crying out for some fresh attractions so why not go all out with a Monsters, Inc. ride. Maybe something along the lines of the Spiderman ride at IOA...perhaps rescuing Boo and swinging from door to door, visiting strange lands? I think it's clear that I'm not an Imagineer but you get the idea...

As I said, Monsters Inc. could loosely fit in to Tomorrow Land as it's a very difficult sibject matter to specify. Of course it relies heavily on fantasy but you can't deny it also has large amounts of science-fiction too.

Personally, given the choice, I think an Incredibles ride would be better suited to Tomorrow Land with Monsters Inc slotting in over at MGM. Both films have successfully been and gone and it's about time they were represented within Disney parks in Florida.

As a Disney fan, however, I can appreicate the level of concern for Tomorrow Land's future. It really is in need of some fresh ideas...

P.S. Would anyone have access to a ride-through of DCA's Monsters Inc. ride? Apparenty, I hear it's a pretty good one and I'd love to see it!

Here's a link to the Ride Through:

http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-178.asp

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
polarboi said:
It just cracks me up when people seize onto a rumor and then proceed to complain about the Imagineers for apparently making a "dumb" decision that, as far as any of us know, they haven't even made.

Personally, I have faith in the Imagineers. Yes, some projects have turned out better than others, but even those projects that haven't worked out to my liking (e.g. SGE) are well-themed. I really don't believe that they would put any new attraction in that doesn't fit the park's theme. Stretch it a little? Sure. But it's going to fit, one way or another. They've been doing this for a long time, and they've done an amazing job. Not perfect, but amazing.

Why is it that the fans are always so quick to complain? I hang out on some Apple sites as well, and they're just as bad over there. They complain about every new product Apple comes out with, and they've been doing it for years. They love the current and past products so much that they hype up every possible rumor, and then disappoint themselves with every new announcement, subsequently complaining that it's not as good as the "good old days."

-p.b.
mac fanatic here..... and if anyone is still hung-up on the glory days of "Classic"...... let them have it. they can have their 8-track too.

goofyfan13

After watching the video, that ride actually looks pretty good. I wouldn't be too dissapointed with that there, I would much rather not have the character invasion continue, but if the attraction is quality, like that, I'll be ok with it. Maybe they'll spin it to be the power source of the future or something...(I know it's a stretch, but whatever). I really liked the Randle effect (blended in with the wall then appears, that was well done IMO.

GothMickey

The video looks ok.... I think they can do somthing better, but I wouldn't be disappointed if that is what they replace Timekeeper with. Not a huge fan on TK anyway. But, one thing.. When you watch the video, you see the outside of the building... Imagine the same outside in Tomorrowland.. Doesn't look right or fit that well.... Why don't they just change Tomorrowland to Monstropolis and then that will solve everything.. :lol:

polarboi

GothMickey said:
Why don't they just change Tomorrowland to Monstropolis and then that will solve everything.. :lol:

Oooh, now I'm gonna start a thread called "Tomorrowland to become Monstropolis," citing unnamed sources.

We could get people really upset about how Imagineering is going downhill, and start major flame wars over it. Meanwhile, others could post speculations on how all the Tomorrowland attractions will be rethemed (Sonny Eclipse becomes Sully Eclipse... Space Mountain becomes Closet Door Mountain).

And then all the other sites could start picking up the rumor, citing that "WDWMagic is reporting..."

ETA: Hey, maybe if we're really good, someone could get into Photoshop and create an authentic-looking "leaked" park map with Monstropolis in place of Tomorrowland.

I shoulda saved this for April 1st. ;)

-p.b. :cool:

GothMickey

polarboi said:
Oooh, now I'm gonna start a thread called "Tomorrowland to become Monstropolis," citing unnamed sources.

We could get people really upset about how Imagineering is going downhill, and start major flame wars over it. Meanwhile, others could post speculations on how all the Tomorrowland attractions will be rethemed (Sonny Eclipse becomes Sully Eclipse... Space Mountain becomes Closet Door Mountain).

And then all the other sites could start picking up the rumor, citing that "WDWMagic is reporting..."

ETA: Hey, maybe if we're really good, someone could get into Photoshop and create an authentic-looking "leaked" park map with Monstropolis in place of Tomorrowland.

I shoulda saved this for April 1st. ;)

-p.b. :cool:

I say DO IT!! That would be too funny. I can just imagine what April 1st jokes are going to come out this year.

TLandGuy

Dark ride

:::WARNING:::
Following statement might offend some readers

Ok I have been on Monsters Inc. It is a child’s ride at best. It is a slow moving ride that does NOT speed up at all where you go through the movie that’s it nothing great. The doors are kind of cool when the fly around you but other than that.... no good sorry to disappoint

goofyfan13

TLandGuy said:
:::WARNING:::
Following statement might offend some readers

Ok I have been on Monsters Inc. It is a child’s ride at best. It is a slow moving ride that does NOT speed up at all where you go through the movie that’s it nothing great. The doors are kind of cool when the fly around you but other than that.... no good sorry to disappoint

Just cause it's not another SM or TOT doesn't mean it's bad. It's been more rare these days for Disney to create a high quality dark ride, and judging from the video this looks pretty good. Peter Pan, and Snow White don't speed up at all and I really enjoy those rides. Just to let you know, this is coming from a thrill junky.

bgraham34

I would hate to see the Monsters Inc. Ride. I loved the movie but after watching the video for the Attraction it plain stinks. Its boring. But i dont know what i would want to see there.

Mr.EPCOT

I would love to see a Monsters, Inc. ride, even if it was just a clone/semi-clone of the one in California Adventure (which, I hear is great, anyways). I just really don't want to see it in Tomorrowland. Fantasyland would be great, and Disney/MGM would be perfect, I think, but not Tomorrowland. Ever since I was a wee child, Tomorrowland has always been my favorite Land because it transports me to a futuristic setting. I'm a big Star Trek-type geek, I'm just into that type of thing. But I just simply don't think Monsters, Inc. falls in with that. Lilo & Stitch (Stitch's Great Escape) kind of stretches it, but at least it has a vague science-fictiony frame of reference, so I can put up with it (although just barely). But MI just doesn't have the appropriate theme, to me.

Maerj

Another good idea for an attraction in Tomorrowland would be to do one based off of the new Doctor Who series. It has been a hit worldwide and would have a lot of appeal from international guests. Plus the TV show is coming to the Scifi Channel this month where I'm sure it'll be a big here in the states. I'd love to see Daleks roaming Tomorrowland!

EXTERMINATE!

Mr.EPCOT

Maerj said:
Another good idea for an attraction in Tomorrowland would be to do one based off of the new Doctor Who series. It has been a hit worldwide and would have a lot of appeal from international guests. Plus the TV show is coming to the Scifi Channel this month where I'm sure it'll be a big here in the states. I'd love to see Daleks roaming Tomorrowland!

EXTERMINATE!
There's a wee bit of a problem with that: I'm 90% sure that Universal (just a little bit of a competitor) owns the Sci-Fi Channel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom