Time For a Disney Overhaul Competition!

NateD1226

Original Poster
Princess Parade
sponsored by: Precious Moments
A brand new walk-through / live show aimed towards children and families who adore the Disney Princesses and the fairytales they come from. The critically acclaimed giftware company will sponsor this new gem.

The building formerly known as Enchanted Tales With Belle will mostly stay the same on the outside. Once entering the building, guests will be guided into an area where they will be introduced to their host/hostess. There, guests will be welcomed to a happy gathering where children will create their precious moments by reenacting their favorite moments in Disney Fairytale history.

Each child choosen to become part of the show will be able to choose which characters they want to portray. Stories of the likes of Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Tangled, Princess and the Frog, Aladdin, Frozen, The Little Mermaid, and of course Beauty and the Beast.

There will be specific scenes for these kids to reenact with props available to use. The show continues on to the next room which will host a small scale theater equipped with a fancy miniature stage that features a beautiful red and golden curtain. Let’s not forget the Happy and Sad masks of the Precious Moments likeness that will be placed up and center onstage. Cushioned benches will also be present for guests to watch the tiny play.

With that said the play begins, guests will laugh, holler and enjoy this show performed by their kids. After the play, the child actors will deliver their final bow to the audience as the audience themselves awards the young actors with a standing ovation.

Afterwards, guests will be taken to the final showroom filled with Disney Precious Moments original artwork and sculptures of these fairlytale characters. What makes this room unique is that after getting settled in, guests will be surprised by several themed floats that hosts animatronic versions of the Precious Moments kids dressed as Disney characters. Princesses appearing in this final act will be Belle w/ Prince, Jasmine w/ Aladdin, Cinderella w/ Prince, Ariel w/ Eric, Rapunzel w/ Flynn, Snow White w/ Prince, Aurora w/ Phillip, Tiana w/ Naveen, and Anna and Elsa.

A grand total of 9 remote controlled floats and 18 high quality animatronics/puppets. Guests will be able to take their pictures in front of the floats. The experience all comes to an end through the gift shop, where unique Disney Precious Moments items are sold. This will be the one and only location throughout Walt Disney World to purchase exclusive Precious Moments merchandise.
I like this idea of having a sponsor! The Precious Moment brand is very popular and I think would be selling off the shelves! I love all of the ideas you created! Great Job!

NateD1226

Original Poster
Rapunzel's Tower Drop
VXKD9o1.png

Because of the removal of Enchanted Tales with Belle, Disney needed another crowd-eating attraction in Fantasyland. However, as the space provided was far too small (without destroying Be Our Guest) for a Dark Ride, they seemed to hit rock bottom in their ideas. However, that's when inspiration struck. The only way to go from rock bottom is up.

With the next idea, Disney needed to make a pretty major change. The beloved Tangled bathroom area was now to be rethemed to Peter Pan, replacing Rapunzel's Tower with Skull Rock and the bathrooms themselves to the lost boys clubhouse. With that minor mousekeeping done, we'll move on to the actual attraction now.

Building up from the now defunct Enchanted Tales with Belle's cottage sprung up an all new tower, Rapunzel's tower. The queue itself is themed to the forest and cave that Rapunzel's tower was locked behind. The loading is actually behind Rapunzel's tower in a show building as is the drop tower portion of the attraction, built in the actual footprint of the show for Enchanted Tales while the queue and Tower itself takes place in the footprint of the old cottage. The ride vehicle (themed to be suspended by Rapunzel's hair) brings you through the winding staircase up to the top of the tower where Punzie lived. You wind through the room (much like the Twilight Zone portion of TOT) observing Rapunzel's old paintings and scenery. Then, the windows open as you get closer to the edge of the tower and you begin your free fall.

The attraction is a basic drop tower attraction, actually housing 3 ride systems all at different angles of Fantasyland but are the exact same in the themeing. The drop tower has a series of 5-10 drops randomized every time. The attraction then releases guests into Fantasyland once again.​
I really like this idea! The ride is very fun and would definitely bring in the older crowd! Good thinking on the bathroom and changing it! Great Job!

NateD1226

Original Poster
Last edited:

NateD1226

Original Poster
Challenge 5

Epcot Pavilions

98zYBLZFjXf3pk_1pLxoBqO426iAt6y6XwOxhuiIlzV2ougSpJxGKyNlDEHVeaBl38jHUiJ_q0gRLwRFnB-rgiwy4CDtIVOAfLDD5BclXZ17Ip6MJF5HijT0xbcrd3fG3N6NAs2U

We head to Epcot on our overhaul journey. Epcot’s Pavilions are great but I think they can be greater. You know what that means... Time for a Disney Overhaul!

Backstory

World Showcase is a large area reminiscent of a permanent world's fair containing 11 pavilions, each themed and dedicated to represent a specific country. The pavilions surround the World Showcase Lagoon, a large man made lake located in the center of World Showcase. Your task is to add a new ride, restaurant, or activity in ONE of the pavillons. You can do all of the stuff I listed if you would like to get a higher rank. You may NOT create a new country.

Remember!

You can start from scratch or use the existing building.
Stay in the that area and don’t extend the building.
No old or extinct concepts/rides
Maximum of 50 sentences & minimum of 3 sentences
You have till August 10th 7:30 PM PST
Have Fun and Good Luck!​

Last edited:

TwilightZone

The wonderful world of Ghibli
1200px-Studio_Ghibli_logo.svg.png

This new simulator attraction in Japan will rotate to different studio ghibli movies allowing for a unique experience every ride. From going to the strange world of spirited away, flying with kiki, having an adventure with totoro, running across water with ponyo, and many more, this ride will offer a lot of fun and whimsy for all ages and will introduce a lot of great movies to kids and grownups.
Inside the show building is also the ghibli cafe, which will serve meals seen in the ghibli movies and themed to the restaurant from spirited away.

AceAstro

Challenge 5

Epcot Pavilions

98zYBLZFjXf3pk_1pLxoBqO426iAt6y6XwOxhuiIlzV2ougSpJxGKyNlDEHVeaBl38jHUiJ_q0gRLwRFnB-rgiwy4CDtIVOAfLDD5BclXZ17Ip6MJF5HijT0xbcrd3fG3N6NAs2U

We head to Epcot on our overhaul journey. Epcot’s Pavilions are great but I think they can be greater. You know what that means... Time for a Disney Overhaul!

Backstory

World Showcase is a large area reminiscent of a permanent world's fair containing 11 pavilions, each themed and dedicated to represent a specific country. The pavilions surround the World Showcase Lagoon, a large man made lake located in the center of World Showcase. Your task is to add a new ride, restaurant, or activity in ONE of the pavillons. You can do all of the stuff I listed if you would like to get a higher rank.

Remember!

You can start from scratch or use the existing building.
Stay in the that area and don’t extend the building.
No old or extinct concepts/rides
Maximum of 50 sentences & minimum of 3 sentences
You have till August 10th 7:30 PM PST
Have Fun and Good Luck!​
Does it have to be added to an existing country or can we add a new country?

PerGron

Better late than Never I suppose...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Canada
9wYVC5y.jpg

Oh Canada! Whenever people think of the World Showcase, they usually think of Mexico, Germany, Norway, USA, Morocco, Japan, etc. but for whatever reason, the only thing that seems to be keeping Canada afloat is the two credit table service restaurant Le Cellier (which is a hit or miss in my own personal experience, sometimes it's good, sometimes meh).

For that reason, Walt Disney Imagineering decided that the next pavilion they should focus on is The United States' neighbor and hat, Canada. Here is a list of Canada's attractions, and I'll go into depth about a few of them as we go.​
  • Canadian Lumberjacks- New (Street Performance)
  • Illuminations: Reflections of Earth Canada Viewing- New (Fireworks Viewing)
  • Inuit Artifacts- New (Walkthrough Attraction)
  • Mountie’s Quest- New (Dark Ride)
  • O Canada!- Updated (Cultural Film)
  • Tapestry of Nations- New (Parade)
  • Victoria Gardens- Unchanged (Garden)
  • World Explorers Adventure: Canada- New (Interactive Game)
  • World Showcase Players Present: Raven- New (Street Performance)
  • Nanuk Brewery- New (Bar)
  • The Daily Poutine- New (Snack Location)
  • The Beaver’s Lodge- New (Counter Service Restaurant)
  • Le Cellier Steakhouse- Updated (Table Service Restaurant)
  • Northwest Mercantile- Unchanged (Shop)
  • The Woodsman’s Shop- New (Shop)
So the ones I'm going to gloss over are the more simple attractions: Illuminations, O Canada!, Tapestry of Nations, Victoria Gardens, World Showcase Adventure, World Showcase Players, Nanuk Brewery, The Daily Poutine, The Beaver's Lodge, Northwest Mercantile, Le Cellier, and The Woodsman's Shop . If you want to hear more about all of these attractions, follow my personal thread (eventually when I get to Epcot) which is currently on MK's Main Street USA...

Canadian Lumberjacks
Obviously, entertainment has always been big in the original model of the World Showcase, and one of my hands down favorite entertainment (barring Off Kilter which was THE best) were the lumberjacks. I won't explain much because it's pretty simple, just watch this video for the general gist of it. It'll run about 15 minutes per show and will be a fun (re)addition to the pavilion.

Inuit Artifacts
So some of my favorite things include walkthrough attractions featuring culture and I think some artifacts featuring the local culture of the Inuit people would be a fantastic addition to the Canada pavilion. It could include clothes, weapons, stories, culture, and maybe some artifacts from arctic expeditions such as Robert Peary's among others.​

Mountie's Quest
The signature attraction of the Epcot pavilion, built on the expansion pad between Canada and the UK Pavilions, this attraction will be a dark ride in which we follow an excitable Mountie on a special quest: to capture a real-live Sasquatch. The attraction takes guests on an exciting dark ride, spinning (slipping) on ice, climbing mountains, and going through the forests of Canada's beautiful landscapes. It also goes through some of Canada's more popular landmarks, such as Niagara Falls, Quebec, Toronto, Churchill, Athabasca Falls, Gros Morne National Park, among others. Animatronic animals, such as Polar Bears, Orcas, Grizzlys, Lynx, Caribou, Moose, etc. will all be present, as well as fun stereotypes found in Canada, such as two characters too polite to walk through the door because both want to hold it for the other.

At the end of this attraction, you will end up finding Bigfoot, but it will ask the Mountie to keep him secret so he can continue to live in peace and quiet. You and the Mountie agree and exit the ride back into the Canada pavilion.

An attraction like this not only brings you through the beautiful natural landscapes and thriving metropolises, as well as letting you see the fun-loving Canadian culture that we all know and love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all I have, hope you like it, took a bit to come up with, but I think I finally settled on a pavilion I quite like!

Outbound

Cherry Tree Lane
We are proud to announce a new section of the United Kingdom Pavilion, Cherry Tree Lane! Themed to the classic 1964 film and it’s 2018 sequel, this land will take guests into the crazy and wonderful world of Mary Poppins.

1533949931564.png

Headlining the area is a new ride, “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!”. Guests que through the famous Banks house, which has been recreated with astonishing accuracy.

The ride is suspended like Peter Pan’s flight, with Mary’s Poppins umbrella the vehicle. The ride is both outdoors and indoors. Each house in the UK Pavilion contains a room, and the umbrellas travel over the street and into the windows to reach the next set piece. There is no story to the ride, but rather a collection of random songs and set pieces from both the first and second film.

The ride concludes in a slow “race” between four other umbrella cars inside the painting. The umbrellas then celebrate with the song “supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” before exiting.

A new candy eatery, a Spoonful of Sugar, is also seated on Cherry Tree Lane. A play area is added in the park. Occasionally, Bert’s one-man band comes out and plays some tunes.

This land could be implemented in two ways. Plan A involves the building of Cherry Tree Lane from the undeveloped forest along the walkway, allowing the rest of the pavilion's shop to remain. If construction is not desired, the buildings and shops towards the back of the area could be replaced with the new theme (Plan B).

Disney Imagineering hopes this land will both pay tribute to the classics, promote the upcoming sequel, and draw crowds to the typically ignored UK Pavilion.

Sam Magic

Not sure if it still counts, but hopefully this attempt works.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A New American Adventure​

Coming in 2021, just in time for the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World will be a revamped pavilion at Epcot’s World Showcase. The story of America is rich and diverse, and it is a story that has been celebrated in many ways in Disney parks throughout the world. One aspect of the American adventure not covered in Walt Disney World is the story of American cities, with the new U.S.A. Pavilion at Epcot, this will come to an end.

Blog - Empire Tower alternative.PNG

The pavilions colonial themed façade will be removed and replaced with Liberty Tower. This art deco style will contain attractions, shops, restaurants, and shows. The American Adventure Show will remain on the primary level of the tower. On the towers second level will be a new live show called ‘America Sings’. This show will feature a diverse cast of musicians that will celebrate America’s rich musical heritage. From soul and gospel music to jazz, the American story will come to life through song. On the third floor of the tower will be a brand-new restaurant called Atlas. This restaurant will serve traditional American cuisine, but with breathtaking views of World Showcase lagoon and the Epcot park.

PennStation_McKimMeadWhite_Drawing2.jpg

Queue interior
03+exterior_2017-05-23_rev05-signage_one-penn+(1).jpg

Union Rail Runaway facade​

Outside of the tower, two new neo-classical buildings will be built. These buildings will mirror one another. On the Italian side of the pavilion will be a reconstruction of the old Penn Station entrance. In here will be the queue for the Union Rail Runaway. This thrilling attraction will take guests on an exciting ride through the American landscape on an old late 19th century railroad. The ride will wrap around the pavilion and end on the opposite end of the pavilion in a building reminiscent of the New York Public Library. This building will also contain the attractions gift shop.

NateD1226

Original Poster
The wonderful world of Ghibli
1200px-Studio_Ghibli_logo.svg.png

This new simulator attraction in Japan will rotate to different studio ghibli movies allowing for a unique experience every ride. From going to the strange world of spirited away, flying with kiki, having an adventure with totoro, running across water with ponyo, and many more, this ride will offer a lot of fun and whimsy for all ages and will introduce a lot of great movies to kids and grownups.
Inside the show building is also the ghibli cafe, which will serve meals seen in the ghibli movies and themed to the restaurant from spirited away.
I like this idea! It sounds like a star tours style ride. I think you brought a good and new IP to the parks! good job!

NateD1226

Original Poster
Better late than Never I suppose...
Canada
9wYVC5y.jpg

Oh Canada! Whenever people think of the World Showcase, they usually think of Mexico, Germany, Norway, USA, Morocco, Japan, etc. but for whatever reason, the only thing that seems to be keeping Canada afloat is the two credit table service restaurant Le Cellier (which is a hit or miss in my own personal experience, sometimes it's good, sometimes meh).

For that reason, Walt Disney Imagineering decided that the next pavilion they should focus on is The United States' neighbor and hat, Canada. Here is a list of Canada's attractions, and I'll go into depth about a few of them as we go.​

• Canadian Lumberjacks- New (Street Performance)
  • Illuminations: Reflections of Earth Canada Viewing- New (Fireworks Viewing)
  • Inuit Artifacts- New (Walkthrough Attraction)
  • Mountie’s Quest- New (Dark Ride)
  • O Canada!- Updated (Cultural Film)
  • Tapestry of Nations- New (Parade)
  • Victoria Gardens- Unchanged (Garden)
  • World Explorers Adventure: Canada- New (Interactive Game)
  • World Showcase Players Present: Raven- New (Street Performance)
  • Nanuk Brewery- New (Bar)
  • The Daily Poutine- New (Snack Location)
  • The Beaver’s Lodge- New (Counter Service Restaurant)
  • Le Cellier Steakhouse- Updated (Table Service Restaurant)
  • Northwest Mercantile- Unchanged (Shop)
  • The Woodsman’s Shop- New (Shop)
So the ones I'm going to gloss over are the more simple attractions: Illuminations, O Canada!, Tapestry of Nations, Victoria Gardens, World Showcase Adventure, World Showcase Players, Nanuk Brewery, The Daily Poutine, The Beaver's Lodge, Northwest Mercantile, Le Cellier, and The Woodsman's Shop . If you want to hear more about all of these attractions, follow my personal thread (eventually when I get to Epcot) which is currently on MK's Main Street USA...

Canadian Lumberjacks
Obviously, entertainment has always been big in the original model of the World Showcase, and one of my hands down favorite entertainment (barring Off Kilter which was THE best) were the lumberjacks. I won't explain much because it's pretty simple, just watch this video for the general gist of it. It'll run about 15 minutes per show and will be a fun (re)addition to the pavilion.

Inuit Artifacts
So some of my favorite things include walkthrough attractions featuring culture and I think some artifacts featuring the local culture of the Inuit people would be a fantastic addition to the Canada pavilion. It could include clothes, weapons, stories, culture, and maybe some artifacts from arctic expeditions such as Robert Peary's among others.​

Mountie's Quest
The signature attraction of the Epcot pavilion, built on the expansion pad between Canada and the UK Pavilions, this attraction will be a dark ride in which we follow an excitable Mountie on a special quest: to capture a real-live Sasquatch. The attraction takes guests on an exciting dark ride, spinning (slipping) on ice, climbing mountains, and going through the forests of Canada's beautiful landscapes. It also goes through some of Canada's more popular landmarks, such as Niagara Falls, Quebec, Toronto, Churchill, Athabasca Falls, Gros Morne National Park, among others. Animatronic animals, such as Polar Bears, Orcas, Grizzlys, Lynx, Caribou, Moose, etc. will all be present, as well as fun stereotypes found in Canada, such as two characters too polite to walk through the door because both want to hold it for the other.

At the end of this attraction, you will end up finding Bigfoot, but it will ask the Mountie to keep him secret so he can continue to live in peace and quiet. You and the Mountie agree and exit the ride back into the Canada pavilion.

An attraction like this not only brings you through the beautiful natural landscapes and thriving metropolises, as well as letting you see the fun-loving Canadian culture that we all know and love.

That's all I have, hope you like it, took a bit to come up with, but I think I finally settled on a pavilion I quite like!

This such an amazing and great idea! I love all of the detail you put in! I love walkthrough attractions too! The new street shows and great and i’m loving the new attraction! also i’m working on the moderator approval! Anyways, Awesome Job!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom