Time For a Disney Overhaul Competition!

NateD1226

Original Poster
Willy Wonka. Now a wealthy retired businessman in the world of sweets and chocolates, has inherited his factory off to Charlie Bucket. Wonka has put all of his faith and trust in Charlie to take Wonka Enterprises to new heights. When the time came to settle down, Wonka decided it was time to move.

Willy Wonka, an established world traveler, has been all over the world and back again. However, Wonka had the desire to relocate in the most secluded section of the bayou. Unluckily for Mr. Wonka, there was a particular Mansion that was up for grabs... The former Gracey Manor.

Inherited by 998 happy haunts, this abandoned home has been dubbed the name The Haunted Mansion by it’s surrounding natives for generations upon generations, but Willy Wonka doesn’t know this. Upon purchasing the house, Wonka was warned about the suspicious and supernatural occurrences happening throughout the old mansion over the years. Wonka known for his arrogance and uncanny ability brush people off to do what he pleases, purchased the mansion anyway.

And so the overlay starts with this in mind.

The Haunted Mansion
Golden Ticket Edition
The outside look of the mansion will remain untouched, by the way this overlay covers Walt Disney World’s version of the Haunted Mansion. Once entering, guests will be surprised to discover that the infamous Master Gracey portrait was swapped out for a portrait of the new master of the household, Willy Wonka. Just like Master Gracey’s transformative portrait, Wonka’s portrait does exactly the same.

Stepping into the mansion’s window-less chambers, we hear the familiar voice of the Ghost Host. With the addition of new dialogue, the Ghost Host says...

Welcome Foolish Mortals, to the Haunted Mansion. I am your host, your “Ghost Host”. Mhmhaha... Our tour begins here, in this gallery, here you will see paintings of some of our guests as they appear in their mortal state. Kindly step all of the way in please, and make room for a few more. There’s no turning back now...

The Ghost Host continues on with the usual act, until guests hear the voice of Willy Wonka echoing somewhere in the distance.

Hello?! Where are my Golden Ticket winners?! For such a spooky compound such as this, I made sure to double the amount this time around! I purposely left a few creepy contraptions lying about too, it’ll be sure to give these kids and their stuck up parents a fright! Hehe.

The Ghost Host continues.

Ah yes. I almost forgot to mention, we currently have a rather unusual guest staying among us. A Foolish Mortal just like you, who believes money can buy haunted things too. Little does he know, that I have taken over his tour, he is lost and he will never find you, no. For buying the Haunted Mansion, Master Wonka has subsequently SOULED OUT! Hahahahaha!

Suddenly the lights within the chamber flicker on and off as a bolt of vicious lightening is heard throughout. As guests turn their attention upward, they will see a projection of Willy Wonka (Johnny Depp) being shoved from a high staircase above. Wonka yells in terror as he falls, and just as guests believe that he will come crashing through on the floor they stand on. Wonka poofs out of thin air, implying to guests that Willy Wonka has died and has become a permanent resident of the Haunted Mansion.

As guests move on to the loading room, they will notice how everything looks the same. Same portraits, same wallpaper, same lamps and the same cobwebs. Wonka never once thought about redecorating the place, he loved it as is. Let’s not forget, he wanted to scare the kids.

Once boarding your Doom Buggy, you enter the hallway of deadly rooms. Nothing has changed, except the addition of the wrappings of Wonka bars thrown near the shaking doorways. Guests then encounter the scene depicting the raising dead attempting to come out of it’s casket. However, the lid of the casket is open and guests can clearly see the deadman sitting in his casket as if he was chilling in a jacuzzi, enjoying a Wonka Bar!

Guests then travel past the endless hallway, where normally you would find the floating candle sticks. Only this time, there is a monstrous figure completely covered in chocolate. Could this be one of Willy Wonka creepy contraptions?

Suddenly, guests are taken through, above and across the ballroom where Mr. Wonka stands front and center offering a peace treaty with the ghosts through chocolate. And so, you will find chocolate throughout the entire Ballroom scene, from bars to cakes to cookies too! All while the ghosts dance as they celebrate this coming together.

Our Doom Buggy then travels into the biggest meet-up party around in the Graveyard. The Caretaker and his canine companion will be replaced with three lost innocent children, Golden Ticket winners nonetheless, who broke free from being guided by their terrified parents. They stand closely together as one kid holds onto a flashlight. Yet, each of them express the same worried look on their face reminiscent to the Caretaker’s.

Once entering the Graveyard, guests will see Ghosts coming together here as well for their new love of Wonka chocolate bars! You can even overhear quite a few of them remark things such as, “I sense a beautiful friendship blooming around these parts!” “Wonka?! He’s one helluva ghost, I tell ya and he makes great candy too!” “Who would’ve thought?! Ghosts can enjoy a good Wonka bar too!

Then into the attic... The last yet most chilling scene of all. Usually, this is the area where you’ll find old family portraits of Constance Hatchaway and all of her “failed marriages”. However, before Wonka’s death, he loaded the entire attic with boxes upon boxes with then name “Wonka” labeled on them. Finally, guests encounter the ghostly Wonka sitting while joyfully rocking back and forth on one of Constance’s old chairs...

Wait, what is that you say?! Another finale to a classical attraction that features the inclusion of Johnny Depp at the end portraying one of his iconic characters as he sits around celebrating something? Yep, that’s exactly it!

However, things aren’t always as they seem. Wonka carries away, boasting his ego as someone or something lurks right behind him... Constance Hatchaway! And she’s not in the mood for chocolates either... Guests are then welcomed to “hurry back” and yes, the Hitchhiking Ghosts still follow you home.
This concept is amazing! You totally got this perfect! This is so fun! The sequel idea is great and I like how you kept it the same because it gives the vibe of the creepy house still. The effects are great too! Amazing Job!

Last edited:

NateD1226

Original Poster
Beetlejuice Manor

It's Halloween in Disneyland, and that of course means it's time for a brand new overlay of the classic Haunted Mansion attraction. However, Disney CEO Bob Iger wanted something new to replace the old and tired Nightmare Before Christmas overlay, and instead decided to replace it with not only the best Halloween film, but one of the top five best films of all time (unobjectively, do not try to dispute this) Beetlejuice, just in time for its 30th Anniversary in 2018.

The outside of the manor remains relatively the same, barring the entryway, which now has a large graveyard reading "Here lies Betlegeuse" sits. Once you enter the stretching room, that's when things begin to change...

[In Stretching Room]​

Ghost Host: Where hinges When hinges creak in doorless chambers, and strange and frightening...

Disembodied Voice: *Afar* LAME

Ghost Host: *Under breath* Beetlejuice *Coughs* As I was saying, where hinges creak...

Disembodied Voice: *Afar* You already said that!

Ghost Host: *Annoyed and slightly louder* Beetlejuice... *Normal Voice* Where hinges...

Disembodied Voice: *Afar* Third time's the charm 'ey big boy?

Ghost Host: *Annoyed and yelling* BEETLEJUICE!

[Some magical noises take place as Beetlejuice springs to life. Smoke fills the stretching room, and a large projection of Beetlejuice appears on the walls, once again played fantastically by Michael Keaton.]

Beetlejuice: Boy oh boy did that take some time... (looks at one guest in particular and pseudo-whispers) Get a load of this ghost host thing, it's like he's new to the whole haunting thing. (Directs voice at the Ghost Host) Hey buddy, how's about you take the day off and I can show the meat bags around the old (in French accent) chateau (back to normal) huh?

Ghost Host: No, absolutely not, I will not leave helpless mortals with the likes of you. You're nothing but a menace to all things dead. Now, if we just flip through the handbook for the recently deceased, there has to be an easy way to be rid of you..

Beetlejuice: Awww come on Ghosty, you're always flying around, stretching paintings and what-not, don't you think you've earned a break? I mean, you've been doing this since what? '55?

Ghost Host: Our tour is incredibly sensitive, our 999 happy haunts will not be pleased to discover you've returned. In fact, I should go alert them all right now.

Beetlejuice: Alright, he's gone. So here's the plan meatbags, err, I mean, beloved guests. These doors are gonna open, you're gonna load into your Doom Buggies, and I'm gonna take you on the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness! Oh, wait, wrong ride, Tumbleweed isn't scheduled for a possession until that Star Wars thing wraps up. Anywho, we gotta get this show on the road before Ghosty gets back and takes over. Let's go!​

The doors open to the loading queue where the changing portraits have been changed slightly. The were-cat lady, the headless horseman, the changing man, and Medusa have all been repainted as Betlegeuse taking over the poses (See exhibit A) As you're walking through the corridors, the Ghost Host's safety instructions are replaced with Beetlejuice saying the same instructions.

Guests then pass the busts that follow you as you walk. They remain very similar, but they now have moustaches and goattees drawn on with what appears to be Sharpie Markers. The Words "BEETLEJUICE WAZ HERE" Is also drawn into the wall with Red Sharpie.

Guests finally board the Doom Buggies where Beetlejuice takes over.

Beetlejuice: (as Cowboy Beetlejuice from the Bio-Exorcism commercials in the film) Alright ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, don't be pullin' on those there lap bars, nope, I'm gonna be doing that for you.

The lapbars then lower, much faster than usual, spooking, but not hurting, the guests.

Beetlejuice: *Whispering* Oh, was that too much for you? I didn't mean to frighten you prematurely. *Loudly* Oh wait, yes I did! Now, let's get going. We're about to be taking this one way train to the afterlife! Whoo Whoo!

The Doom Buggies then begin making their way through the manor, now playing the Beetlejuice theme as opposed to the original Haunted Mansion score. The rooms are less grim and Haunted Mansion-y, and more colorful, bright, and kooky, much like the color palate of the film. The Doom Buggies first pass by a scale model of Disneyland park (a lot like the one Alec Baldwin's character makes of their hometown in the film). As we get to the corridor with the Suit of Armor, the first major change appears.

Where the suit of Armor once stood is an animatronic Beetlejuice, holding a cryptic book, called "Handbook for the Recently Undead." Down the hall, the floating candlelabra is gone and instead, a door swings open to showcase the Sandworms from the original film.

Beetlejuice: Ugh, Sandworms. Boy do those guys know how to ruin a party. Speaking of Party, let's get this one started. In due time of course. Can't have Ghosty showing up and ruining it before we even get started. But, why not at least take a stop by the old Grave huh? Meet the misses? Oh wait, that's right, there is no Misses! Ladies, they say, once you go Ghost, you'll, eh forget it.

The Doom Buggies pass by what was once the coffin with the corpse trapped inside. Instead, there is a bar, mimicing an old Tiki Bar that reads "Betlegeuse's Beetle-Juice" with a menu that has one item: Impending Doom.

The doom buggies pass through the hallway with the self-knocking doors, but overall, the scene remains unchanged. You do here Beetlejuice whispering "which one am I behind? You gotta figure it out. Come on. Open one."

Passing through Madame Leota's Seance room, the scene is very similar, but Leota appears much more annoyed, as an animatronic Beetlejuice sits on a chair, legs dangling over the side, kicking while flirting with the disembodied head.

Leota: Serpents and Spiders, tail of a rat call in the spirits, wherever they're at.

Beetlejuice: Baby do you know how to get a boy excited. Serpents and Spiders?!

Leota: Rap on a table, it's time to respond,send us a message from somewhere beyond.

Beetlejuice: Sure, just give me your number. Oh come on, don't ignore me, you just asked for a message. C'mon baby.

Leota: Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween awaken the spirits with your tambourine.

Beetlejuice: Tambourine? So you like a guy who plays tambourine? I can play a tambourine.

Leota: Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond let there be music from regions beyond.

Beetlejuice: *Animatronic's head turns and just dead-pan stares at the guests passing by while chuckling.*

Leota: Wizards and witches wherever you dwell, give us a hint by ringing a bell...

Beetlejuice: Seriously, just give me your digets and I'll ring a bell whenever you want

The doom buggy then enters the room where the ghosts were once ballroom dancing to classical music, but the scene is replaced very classily by the best scene in the whole Beetlejuice film. You know which one I'm talking about.

Beetlejuice: Oh boy, looks like this dinner party DIED. Luckily, I have a good friend who can help us out. Yo Belafonte, hit it.

Music:
Day-o, day-o
Daylight come and me wan' go home
Day, me say day, me say day, me say day
Me say day, me say day-o
Work all night on a drink of rum
Stack banana 'til de mornin' come
Come, mister tally man, tally me banana
Come, mister tally man, tally me banana
Lift six foot, seven foot, eight foot bunch
Six foot, seven foot, eight foot bunch
Day, me say day-o
Day, me say day, me say day, me say day
A beautiful bunch o' ripe banana
Hide the deadly black tarantula
Daylight come and me wan' go home​

The ghosts dance around the table, replicating the scene from the film. The music cuts out after the doom buggy passes by the scene and you just here screaming, implying the shrimp monsters came out and grabbed the guests.

Beetlejuice: Boy, I love that part.

The doom buggies then come through the attic scene, where Beetlejuice comments on how this attic isn't nearly as nice as the Maitland's.

Beetlejuice: Wow, I know this is a haunted mansion, but boy do they need some cleaners coming in here. Even the Maitland's didn't have this much of a mess, minus that miniature model thing. That was a disaster.

Beetlejuice: Woah, who are these guys? This chick has a serious knack for marrying men with exploding head syndrome. Trust me, it's gotta be one of the worst experiences. I've had it a few times. You never really get your mind back.

Finally, the buggies pass by Constance Hatchaway, of course, Beetlejuice is once again flirting.

Beetlejuice: Hey baby, is that a hatchet in your hand or are you just happy to see me?

Constance: In sickness, or in health...

Beetlejuice: Either way is good with me, you know. Sickness, health, we're dead, we've got our whole afterlives together. You're already in your wedding dress, let's do it.

Finally, the Doom Buggy begins winding down the staircase into the graveyard. This is the scene that becomes the most Beetlejuice-y of all of them. While Grim-Grinning Ghost still plays, it is playing to the tune of a Tim Burton/Danny Elfman rewrite.

Beetlejuice: Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Ghouls, welcome, to the most swinging wake of your whole afterlife!

An animatronic of Beetlejuice is seen popping up behind the gravekeeper and his dog, whispering in his ear. The animatronic backs up every time the gravekeeper turns its head.

The graveyard itself seems to be rethemed to the Beetlejuice Graveyard, featuring the faux-grass look, with large trees, lights, and, off in the distance, a very subtle, blink and you miss it, reference to Dante's Inferno Room.

The Doom Buggy passes by the singing busts, where Beetlejuice is hiding behind the posts, singing the song off key. Finally, the doom buggies pass through the archway to where the Ghost Host reclaims you.

Ghost Host: Ah there you are. We sincerely apologize if you were frightened to death by this menace. We here at Gracey Manor like to frighten you, not annoy you with antics such as Beetlejuice here.

Beetlejuice: *Ugh* Don't say that man, c'mon, these guys had a great tour.

Ghost Host: We will now be returning you to your corruptible mortal state, and will then be dealing with Beetlejuice in the harshest way possible.

Beetlejuice: Don't say it. Man, don't say it Ghosty. I'll do whatever you want. I'll clean up the attic. I'll pick up the cobwebs. I'll even take the bride and the head out for dinner. Just don't say that word one more time.

Ghost Host: Now, our friendly hitchhiking ghosts will direct you home. Now, it's time for you Beetlejuice.

Beetlejuice: *Voice fading away* C'mon man, I'll do anything. C'mon, guys, do something. We had a great tour. C'mon guys. C'mon.

The doom buggy then passes through where the hitchhiking ghosts point you towards the exit, guiding you instead of following you as you pass through the mirror hall. However, the hitchhiking ghosts no longer appear in the mirror, instead, it's a familiar face.

Beetlejuice: Alright, we had a great tour, now I need y'all to do me a flavour. Say my name three times, alright? Say Beetlejuice three times. We'll figure it out from there, but you gotta get me out of here. C'mon guys, three times! Just Three! Where are you going! Don't leave me here! You're traitors! Get back here and help me! Get back here!

You finally reach the exit platform. You then pass through the hall where Little Leota once stood. However, that hall now appears to be Purgatory where Beetlejuice is sitting in the waiting room, holding a ticket, just like at the end of the film. You then exit back into New Orleans Square, both confused and delighted by your experience.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: There will also be favorite Beetlejuice moments included, like Snake Beetlejuice, the weird faces made by the main characters, and other beloved scenes throughout the attraction.
Fantastic Job! I love this whole idea and the thought and detail put into this! The dialogue and song lyrics are perfect. This is perfect and is probably my favorite overlay so far!

NateD1226

Original Poster
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Starting in the fall of 2019, the Haunted Mansion will undergo a temporary overlay themed to the book-turned-film 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'.

The attraction will begin in a revamped queue. Gone are the faces of passed relatives of a great Southern dynasty, replaced with portraits depicting the various peculiar children and the many headmistresses that have protected them throughout the centuries. Guests will then proceed into the stretching room. Here a new story will begin based off of the opening scenes of the film. Guests will hear the voice of Abraham Portman explaining to his grandson Jake how he survived WWII in Miss Peregrine's home suddenly a lightening strike will cut Abe off and guests will hear the voice Mr. Barrow (the main villan and a Hallow) threatening Abe and the guests. Through shadow projections and such Abe's eyes will be removed, Mr. Barrow will take human form, and Jake will return to hear his grandfather's dying words asking him to "go to the loop of September 3, 1943".

From here guests will be ushered into the loading station, here they will board their doombuggies and go through time...back to the loop of September 3, 1943. When guests come out and find themselves in the loop the house and characters will come alive. From here the ride will essentially progress through the film with the rooms of the mansion becoming rooms that reflect the unique identities of each 'peculiar child'. Lurking in each room will be a Hallow. These frightening beings wish to destroy the pecuilar's and devour their eyes in order to gain human form. They are the main antagonists of the story. Like our hero Jake, guests will be able to see these creatures.

After guests are introduced to the characters of the house, they will proceed to a scene showing the destruction of the mansion by a Luftwafe bomb (the graveyard scene). Hundreds of Hallows will come out and try to take the children, our hero Jake fends them off as we transition to him bringing the children onto a sunken boat and raising it from the sea floor. This heroic act allows Jake to reset the loop and kill Mr. Barrow. As guests proceed back into where the office usually is they see that Jake has restored the normal timeline, his grandfather is no longer dead, and all is seemingly well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Disclaimer:
I have never seen this film or read the book and was unable to watch it. Therefore this concept is based off of trailers and information for the film that I could find online.
Without the seeing film or ever reading the books you actually did a great job! It has some detail and I can tell you put a lot of effort into it! Great Job!

NateD1226

Original Poster
1532643731010-jpeg.298794

@PerGronStudio

1532643771562-jpeg.298795

@ChampDisney

images

@Sam4D23

Standings
@PerGronStudio - 30
@TwilightZone -15
@ChampDisney- 9
@Pionmycake -8
@Sam4D23 -7
@OutboundFlight -6
Great Job! Next Challenge will be up by in a just a bit!

NateD1226

Original Poster
Challenge 9

Change an Exterior

wTff-uJ4FCHXjnD8WBrms88FY3Khzl024XC_rGF2_WnugJVYcupbZktMZspXEZSlJmlipb_KowDLrjNMpJrXbnBM0vzWCmeOJ55oQpL3bi29mUepDb2fI2UCDW1FUytGMu1m0aTX

Some attractions just have really bad exteriors. You think you can fix them. You know what that means... Time for a Disney Overhaul!

Task

Your task is that you need to change an exterior or queue (or both) to ANY attraction at DISNEYLAND ANAHEIM. I want you to have fun so you don’t have to do a huge digital drawing. You can draw or just explain and let my imagination run wild!

Remember!

You can start from scratch or use the existing building.

Stay in the that area and don’t extend the building.

No old or extinct concepts/rides

Maximum of 50 sentences & minimum of 3 sentences
You have till August 31th 7:30 PM PST

Have Fun and Good Luck!​

TwilightZone

iu

As you can see in this photo, astro orbitor, while not bad aesthetically, takes a lot of space. I like astro orbitor as a welcome spot, though, so here's my interesting take on how I would fix it:
8Lw4xHE8.png

Dueling astro orbitors! The one on the left will be telescope/observatory themed while the one on the right will be planetary themed. The welcome to tomorrowland sign will be saved and placed on either one of the orbitors or above the two. This will leave space in the middle, freeing up crowds.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Little Late, sorry

Test Track is Ugly

testtrack_chevrolet2012ww.jpg

test-track-birds-eye-view-big.jpg

So, Test Track is an ugly can of Tuna with an ugly awning out front. Great ride. Ugly building.

The solution? Simple!

First, replace the ugly awning with a nice stylistic one. Something not unlike the awning on the Tron Rollercoaster. Make the waviness of it represent an aerodynamic car design. Smooth lines, an interesting design. Look at the picture of Tron below and gaze upon how significantly less ugly it is compared to Test Track which, is ugly.

MainRideExterior.png

As for the tin can building, I'm not gonna do any major structural change. It's gonna get a wrap around mural. One that goes all the way around it. Telling the history of transportation. Starting with cave men inventing the wheel just to the right of the entrance. Then looping all the way around the building and through time till we get to futuristic vehicles like the kind we design on the ride just to the left of the entrance.

Will there be World of Motion references? You better believe there will be! out the wazoo! Tons of old Epcot references to make classic Disney fans and Epcot purists weep with joy while also not being too obvious to take away from the enjoyment of anyone who doesn't have a clue what World of Motion was (the uncultured swines).

7a7a5620.jpg

World of Motion was better than Horizons IMO because it had its own unique style/tone whereas Horizons and Spaceship Earth always felt too tonally similar in my mind. Both were great though

Last edited:

NateD1226

Original Poster
iu

As you can see in this photo, astro orbitor, while not bad aesthetically, takes a lot of space. I like astro orbitor as a welcome spot, though, so here's my interesting take on how I would fix it:
8Lw4xHE8.png

Dueling astro orbitors! The one on the left will be telescope/observatory themed while the one on the right will be planetary themed. The welcome to tomorrowland sign will be saved and placed on either one of the orbitors or above the two. This will leave space in the middle, freeing up crowds.
This would be so much fun for friends and family to battle each other and see who can go higher! I love this idea! Great Job!

NateD1226

Original Poster
Little Late, sorry

Test Track is Ugly

testtrack_chevrolet2012ww.jpg

test-track-birds-eye-view-big.jpg

So, Test Track is an ugly can of Tuna with an ugly awning out front. Great ride. Ugly building.

The solution? Simple!

First, replace the ugly awning with a nice stylistic one. Something not unlike the awning on the Tron Rollercoaster. Make the waviness of it represent an aerodynamic car design. Smooth lines, an interesting design. Look at the picture of Tron below and gaze upon how significantly less ugly it is compared to Test Track which, is ugly.

MainRideExterior.png

As for the tin can building, I'm not gonna do any major structural change. It's gonna get a wrap around mural. One that goes all the way around it. Telling the history of transportation. Starting with cave men inventing the wheel just to the right of the entrance. Then looping all the way around the building and through time till we get to futuristic vehicles like the kind we design on the ride just to the left of the entrance.

Will there be World of Motion references? You better believe there will be! out the wazoo! Tons of old Epcot references to make classic Disney fans and Epcot purists weep with joy while also not being too obvious to take away from the enjoyment of anyone who doesn't have a clue what World of Motion was (the uncultured swines).

7a7a5620.jpg

World of Motion was better than Horizons IMO because it had its own unique style/tone whereas Horizons and Spaceship Earth always felt too tonally similar in my mind. Both were great though
I totally agree that Test Track is ugly. I think the future theme fits great and will be more modern than a weird car in the front. Awesome Job!

NateD1226

Original Poster
Challenge 10

Redo a Land!
1535907186450.jpeg

Welcome to your final challenge! All points are double! This time you can recreate any land at any Disney Theme Park! Time for a Disney Overhaul!

Task

Your task is to recreate ANY land from ANY Disney Theme Park! You are only allowed to demolish 2 buildings! (you don't have demolish anything if you don’t want too) Everything else must either stay the same or be redone! I want to see major creativity! This is our final challenge so make it count!

Remember!

You can start from scratch or use the existing building.
Stay in the that area and don’t extend the building.
No old or extinct concepts/rides
Maximum of 50 sentences & minimum of 3 sentences
You have till September 9th 7:30 PM PST
Have Fun and Good Luck!

TwilightZone

Disneyland's tomorrowland: a redo.
Tomorrowland-0012.jpg

The 2 buildings being demolished will be the speedway and innoventions.
The speedway will be replaced by sugar rush, an indoor test track like ride where guests race through the worlds of wreck it ralph.
Innoventions will be replaced by Journey into another world. This dark ride will transport guests to a far away alien planet filled with cute creatures.
Space Mountain will receive another update, not one too large, but it's ghost galaxy that gets the most change. Ghost Galaxy is now about an angry spirit of an astronaut who died in a spaceship crash. But it turns out in the end he was warning the guests of a danger far beyond anything anyone has experienced before (aliens).
Star Tours will be replaced by treasure planet. Soar through planet pirate chaos to get to treasure planet. It will have both a lot and very little to do with the movie.
Buzz Lightyear will be replaced by Alien Exterminators. A dark ride where guests use teleporter guns to teleport the alien version of an insect to a containment area.
Nemo will be replaced by Starfield Bay. A unique version of the ride where the submarine dives to a starry sea full of unique creatures.
Pizza Port will get a complete overhaul. It will gain a unique look with foam chairs and a combination of old school aesthetics. It will be dark and full of backlights, as well as an animatronic band.
Astro Orbitor will be moved to an empty area.
Peoplemover will be demolished and replaced with a new track featuring motorockets, which is similar to rocket rods, but with more twists and turns.
The land will have a revamped look too, no longer will it be purple topia, it will go back to the whites and blues of the classic tomorrowland, with some bronze here and there and keeping the planetary theme.

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
-Liberty Square becoming Sleepy Hollow-

This project will see the Liberty Square be updated, revamped, and lightly rethemed to become Sleepy Hollow. The area will still be themed to a New England village from the same time period, but the focus will shift from patriotism to a haunting atmosphere (not unlike the atmosphere in the area around Haunted Mansion currently in Liberty Square).

Let's start by addressing the elephant in the room with converting Liberty Square.

-The Case against Hall of Presidents-

The Hall of Presidents should close. For multiple reasons.

hall%20of%20presidents%20trump%20main.jpg

For one thing, modern politics has, especially in recent years, become an increasingly divisive topic. In it's current form, the Hall of Presidents has the current president give a speech. As politics become more divisive, the current president speaking has become more and more of a controversial topic. Returning the show to its original form without the current president speaking would be seen as a controversial move and a political stance against whoever the current president would be at the time of the update.

For another thing, the current president speaking is something that, outside of WDW, is usually only seen on the news. The Magic Kingdom is all about escaping reality going as far as having a monorail ride around a lake separating the park from the parking lot. Why go to all that trouble to help guests be immersed in a new world apart from reality only to have guests see an attraction that is reminiscent of watching cable news. Former presidents like Washington and Lincoln speaking doesn't have this effect, but a modern president does.

The attraction is unnecessary. It is a people eating theater based attraction. While WDW does need more people eating attractions, there are a large number of theater based attractions currently in Magic Kingdom. Tiki Room, Country Bears, Carousel of Progress, Phillarmagic, Storytime with Belle... Another short form theater attraction is not needed when all of these exist.

Lastly, Hall of Presidents comes with built in repeating costs. Every 4-8 years a brand new, relatively high quality, animatronic must be designed and built for the new president.

The Hall of Presidents as it currently exists is divisive, doesn't belong in Magic Kingdom, is unnecessary, and expensive.

-What will Happen to Hall of Presidents-

The closure of Hall of Presidents and the retheme of Liberty Square will be seen by some as an unpatriotic move by Disney. To help appease Sam the Eagle and his angry friends as well as to make use of the sets, props, and figures from HoP and Liberty Square that are being moved, a large update to the American Adventure Pavilion/Show will be implemented in Epcot along with a big 4th of July Celebration. The presidents can be implemented into the show and the Liberty Bell recreation will be on display at the pavilion.

MK_LibertySquare_LibertyBell-620x330.jpg

Great care will be taken when moving the Liberty Bell so as to not risk it getting cracked :p

-The Legend of the Headless Horseman-

headless-horseman-1180w-600h-1180x600.jpg

HoP will be replaced by a new Fantasyland style dark ride themed to the story of Ichabod and the Headless Horseman. The ride will be a mix of the madcap style of Mr. Toad with the darker atmosphere of Snow White's Scary Adventure. The ride will be delightfully simple and low tech. Very much a C-Ticket dark ride like the classics.

-The Mark Twain and the Rivers of America-

20170301_046-1000x1500-58b9f8ae5f9b58af5cead353.jpg

The Mark Twain Riverboat will be permenately docked. It adds great kinetics to this are of the park seeing it float around tom Sawyer Island. But Tom Sawyer Island and the Rivers as they currently stand are limiting the park and cutting off access to a major expansion pad. Docking the riverboat will be step one in expanding the park in this direction.

The riverboat's final resting place will not be at it's current station. It will be moved up the river closer to the Mini Mississippi (the dividing line between Frontierland and Liberty Square). Inside the Riverboat will be a new small scale walkthrough attraction. It will be mini museum dedicated to Mark Twain's work featuring miniature dioramas depicting some of his most famous work.

The famous covered bridge from the Headless Horseman cartoon will be placed connecting Sleep Hollow to Tom Sawyer Island (allowing guests to walk there for the first time). It will be place where the current Riverboat dock is along will more greenery and a pumpkin patch.

38e798bb2770e356ce9c4c1e7fd9abec--halloween-pictures-halloween-art.jpg

The rafts to Tom Sawyer's Island will still operate keeping some kinetics and motion in the river.

-Other changes to the Land-

Great Moments in History (But only the American Parts) with the Muppets will still perform throughout the day. After sunset, they will perform a special version of the show telling the story of the Headless Horseman with their same comedic charm.

Columbia Harbor House, Haunted Mansion, Sleepy Hollow Inn, and the shops will all remain more or less the same.

Liberty Tree Tavern will also be essentially the same. The Liberty Bell will be moved, as mentioned earlier. Other than that will be essentially the same.

Van Tessel's will be a new quick service location themed to the Halloween party hosted by Mr. Van Tessel from the Headless Horseman short. It will be focused on drink such as ciders as well as year round pumpkin spice delicacies. It will replace the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon. Being outside of Frontierland, the Saloon never made sense there.

4a4895793860c4416207d6e4d47a3f69.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom