Tigger Was Provoked...here's how:

rlaeromech

Hey DisneyAlumnus, I noticed you joined on the 8th and have only this one post... you wouldn't happen to go by Mike would you??:lookaroun

:lol:

campdisney

Karma works. This kid looks high school age. As his face has been all over the news, just imagine what its like for him at school "There's the loser that got beat up by Tigger! Dude, are you still sore from that big padded glove???" "He's bouncy, pouncy, trouncy, flouncy, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!" Man, I'd hum that everytime I passed him in the halls! :lol:

J76

I had forgotten about this; We had breakfast with Pooh characters at Tony's Town Square, the year when the Crystal Palace was being renovated. Tigger was being himself and ran straight into a globe light on the back of a bench and it broke. From experience I can understand the limited sight in that costume.

CavyFreak442

Karma works. This kid looks high school age. As his face has been all over the news, just imagine what its like for him at school "There's the loser that got beat up by Tigger! Dude, are you still sore from that big padded glove???" "He's bouncy, pouncy, trouncy, flouncy, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!" Man, I'd hum that everytime I passed him in the halls! :lol:

Haha.... I would definately do that too... Karma is gonna hit this kid... and its gonna hit hard... and I can't WAIT! :fork:

sensfan85

I just wanted give my two cents on this as the more I read about it the more it infuriates me.

I saw the video twice : once in disbelief and once through tearing eyes from laughing so hard. Here's a couple of things I picked up from it.

First, anyone else notice that the father said his first reaction was to berate his son. Obviously there must be some reasoning why his father thought he had done something to Tigger.

Secondly, did you see how far away the kid stood from Tigger? Kid, Tigger doesn't have the plague so get in closer! And, he approached him from the side. We all know (OK...not all of us apparently) that vision is limited in the costumes so why would you 'sneak up' on a character like that.

Having never been to WDW before, my wife and I knew the drill as soon as we met our first character - listen to the directions from the CM with the character, get in nice and close for the photo and let the character know you are there, and move along.

Finally, I just watched the video a third time and the kid is laughing just before Tigger loses his balance. He was up to something fishy and Tigger reacted.

YOAMD kid and you just got served!

ilovepluto

thats just wonderful... i also noticed that there are more articles about "tigger" from 2004.. for sexual assualt complaints..

roger watson

I recall a few years ago we were waiting for Spectral Magic to start. One of the vendors with the lights etc came over and was messing about with one of the lights and by accident poked my wife in the face with the light (brave man). Anyway no big deal we had a laugh but it was spotted by a supervisor who was very apologetic and gave my wife a free gift from the vendors trolley. These things happen but sometimes the £ or $ signs come down in our compensation culture which is very sad.

Lets hope that this CM is cleared as it would appear that they were not to blame for the incident.

AlishaMisha

The teen WAS unusually far from Tigger. Its like he knew he was doing something, so he stood back incase something did happen to him. Why in the world would you reach that high for a hug?! Arn't hugs suppose to be closer also?!

I agree with the zipper deal(or choking but I go more for the zipper idea). Think about it... I gotta warn you because im going to be very stereotypical but all stereotypes have truth at their basis. Okay here I go... A teenager. not just any teenager but a boy teenager...and not just any boy teenager but a punk, boy, teenager. A kid who obviously knew he was going to get punished in one way or another so he stood back. He attempts the "ultimate" character prank(to reveal a characters true identity) and then once he realizes that the character DID react he then gets the "brilliant" idea that he's going to take it one step furthor and get something out of it.

Don't you just hate it how the press said that tigger "punched" the kid? It was clearly open handed...

Anyone notice that the kid was not only laughing before but DURING and after the "hit" ?

I can see why Tigger would be a lil uncomfortable with that family to begin with. In the beginning of the video, before the teen got in the picture, the little boy (as it looks) went to go sit in Tiggers lap but mush of sat wrong on his "member" and Tigger had to move the kid into a more comfortable position... So Tigger must have already been feeling "aquard" or maybe even hurt to begin with.

:king: ~Leash

rlaeromech

Today 13:29wedway71Welcome to the new age of WDW character meet and greets with characters now in bullet proof glass domes.

Is that why the had the glass dome on the MK parade? :D

sleepmaker93

Just finished watching the interview with the kid and parents on cbs video. THEY MAKE ME SICK. THIS IS SUCH YOU-KNOW-WHAT. The more you see the video, the more you know that Tigger was provoked and the"slap" was accidental contact. I hope Disney has the guts to stand up to this travesty.

you know if this keeps up like this disney won't have any more characters signings and any type of interaction with characters same with rides get enough complaints lawsuits the only thing left will be shows for us to see :(
it will be to much liability.

John

MeTa

In 1986 I have video of myself getting bopped by donald duck on the empress lilly breafast cruise boat, then after he bops me on the head he points at me and makes a fist and punches his own hand towards me because I was being a complete nag/brat. I deserved it, but if my parents ever did what that father is doing now I would change my name right then and there.

isitingood

Just finished watching the interview with the kid and parents on cbs video. THEY MAKE ME SICK. THIS IS SUCH YOU-KNOW-WHAT. The more you see the video, the more you know that Tigger was provoked and the"slap" was accidental contact. I hope Disney has the guts to stand up to this travesty.

Agreed Disney should stand and fight this:wave:

wedway71

Agreed Disney should stand and fight this:wave:
I agree-
JUST ONCE-id like to see a company go toe to toe with leeches that try to sue over everything or worse try to scam then sue-like the lady I witnessed on cam-lay down on the floor,take out a bottle from her purse and smash it on the ground acting like she got hurt in my store-And she still got paid??????
I say Disney needs to stand firm on this one-Disney would gain SOOOO much respect from its workforce and show the world you try to scam Disney you will not get the Mouse you will get the ROAR OF A LION.

carenyllie

Wow...how embarrassing

You know, I got to thinking, this kid went on national TV to essentially say "I'm such a woos, I couldn't take a hit from Tigger". I'd hate to have to show my face in school the next day!

wedway71

You know, I got to thinking, this kid went on national TV to essentially say "I'm such a woos, I couldn't take a hit from Tigger". I'd hate to have to show my face in school the next day!

I know whats gonna be written all of his locker.........

TIGGA WAS HERE:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom