Tigger Was Provoked...here's how:

alice

doesn't disney have cameras all over the place? where exactly is this in mgm? what are the chances that disney might have footage of this from another viewpoint? i think it would be REALLY interesting to see this incident for behind or even the side!

mdisney

doesn't disney have cameras all over the place? where exactly is this in mgm? what are the chances that disney might have footage of this from another viewpoint? i think it would be REALLY interesting to see this incident for behind or even the side!

from the looks of it i believe around the area of the great movie ride

Trishnh

As a former-Tigger, I can tell you...

After seeing the video several times, I can see that the "kid" was actually pulling on Tigger's upper-back. There are only two things there: A zipper, and Neck-cowel.

The first, well, we know why Tigger would want to protect that.

The second, if pulled, severely chokes the performer.

Furthermore, Tigger's hand came up as a reaction, unknowingly, he "brushes" the kids face -not punching him as the accusations imply. I know the sight-lines in that costume, there is no way Tigger was aiming for the kid, it was a reaction only.

That's the news. Good luck, Tigger!!!

This was my first assumption also. I am embarrassed that they are from NH:eek: The news stories and headlines are so ridiculous--it makes me so angry how the media just loves to jump on Disney:mad: The kid is not a 'child' he is a teenager and I think he definitely provoked Tigger somehow to be 'cool'.:fork:

Carolwood

Someone find the father's a.k.a. jerk (Jerry Monaco Sr.) phone # and post it on the internet. Then we can start calling the guy and let him know what a jerk he is and show our support for Tigger!!

mitros

Another McDonalds hot coffee in the lap scam. They are trying to reach into Disney's pocket. Nice family!:(
Also, when Disney has to pay for these lawsuits out of pocket, guess who actually pays for it in increased costs ........you got it, We do!

minnie2000

It certainly looks as if the teenager was trying to 'unzip' something. I think Tigger was not only protecting himself, but thinking of all the children around him. If the costume came off, can you imagine how many upset children there would be? First of all, just in the park, but then the video would make it to TV, and lots of other kids would see it.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
The other thread was closed???? :mad:

It wasn't closed, it was removed for review by the administration. It had deteriorated to the point where it wasn't a discussion about the tigger situation anymore anyway. Also, do we really need two tigger threads? This thread seemed a more viable option to continue the conversation in a mature and respectful manner. If anyone would like to prove me wrong on that point I'd be happy to close this thread. So play nice!

Damien666

^ Yeah, when I didn't see the thread anymore I had a feeling it was due to it getting way off topic.

Ok, to make a long story short of my opinions. Jerry was doing something he should have NOT been doing to Tigger, Tigger did do the right thing as in turning around to move the arm away. Since the teen was standing a bit apart from Tigger and he still had a grip on Tigger's back he was pulled towards Tigger when he turned. The teen's head was simply pulled in range where the hand was aiming for the arm.

Seeing the recent YouTube video does add a bit more to it since it seems the father was doing something strange. Just what on earth was he doing on Tigger's head? :veryconfu

As for the medication, I did read somewhere that the family denied medical treatment when asked by Disney. It seems like they wanted to go to the hospital to make it seem worse. Though it is interesting hearing the people from their hometown know the family is trouble to begin with.

I really hope the family does not get a penny from Disney since the father has just overblown his son's lie. I hope Jerry relizes this before they go to court, since it will not be good if they lose. To me a lie is like holding a anvil over your head, the more you carry out the lie the bigger the anvil gets. If the lie is caught, that anvil comes crashing down on you. Seeing the bad CBS interview where Jerry couldn't even look at the camera when talking about his medication, it looks like his arms are getting weak holding that anvil up. The more his father goes media crazy, the worse it's going to be if they lose.

All of my support and prayers go to the CM, I do hope he gets his job back since I feel the characters really bring the Magic in WDW. I may be 17, but I will gladly get pictures with the characters because out of all the times I've been to WDW, the characters have given me the most memorable moments in the parks. From bouncing along with Tigger to dancing with Pluto, the characters have given me memories I will never forget. That's why I really support all the "friends" of the characters, they help play a huge part of the Magic that can never be forgotten.:sohappy:

Gorjus

Please know the following is simply "well I heard this" from various CM I chatted with. Take all of it with a grain of salt and know that most of it is suspect.

The boy was cutting off Tigger's air supply.

Tigger's friend has been a CM for a while, nicest guy, etc. His wife is a trainer.

Investigators are investigating a lot and questioning everyone including the photopass photographer that was taking pictures and the character attendants that were there as well as any guests that were in line to see Tigger or Pooh at the time.

While the cast member is suspended till a decision is made, most likely he will be found innocent and it will retroactively be suspended with pay.

Disney will however pay these people to shut them up.

This same family tried something very similar in the Crystal Palace earlier in the week.

Again this is simply, well I heard this from so and so who heard this from so and so.

GoofyFan1

As a former-Tigger, I can tell you...

After seeing the video several times, I can see that the "kid" was actually pulling on Tigger's upper-back. There are only two things there: A zipper, and Neck-cowel.

The first, well, we know why Tigger would want to protect that.

The second, if pulled, severely chokes the performer.

Furthermore, Tigger's hand came up as a reaction, unknowingly, he "brushes" the kids face -not punching him as the accusations imply. I know the sight-lines in that costume, there is no way Tigger was aiming for the kid, it was a reaction only.

That's the news. Good luck, Tigger!!!

As I said in another thread....information from former, as well as current, CMs is one of the reasons I enjoy this site.

Thanks!:sohappy:

Gorjus

Really???

Tell me more

Remember, I said I heard from someone who heard from someone, etc. Some friend of a character said it is rare to remember a family but he/she remembered this family as being mean to a character at the Crystal Palace. Therefore, no more characters would visit their table for the rest of the meal.

Sorry, that is all I know.

And for those wondering where the character attendant was, sometimes the attendants are at the front of the line, but sometimes they are at the back of the line as well.

And I wonder if this is why yesterday Pooh and Tigger were not out.

rileyspaw

I'm sure there were more guests in line waiting to meet TIGGER. I hope some of them stepped forward to give testimony to what they saw happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom