Tigger Was Provoked...here's how:

drew81

I would love to see Goofy or someone go all vigilante on the "kid" and hunt him down.

I would love to see that as well. I wish some other guests that were there at the time would speak out and say what happened. It just seems so one sided.

PigletIsMyCat

I have had numerous character encounters far 'worse' than Tigger accidentally swatting me in the face. I'm contemplating suing Disney over all of them now, in light of this new lawsuit.

Most recently, in August of 2006, while dining at Liberty Tree Tavern: my husband, myself, and three friends sat down to eat dinner. We are all between 26 and 30. Minnie and Goofy come over to greet us. Minnie begins hugging and wordlessly flirting with my husband. Goofy gesticulates that Minnie is not single. Minnie points to her ring finger as if to say 'I'm not married!!'. I grab my husband's left hand and show it to Minnie, pointing at his weeding band and stating 'Yeah, but he is!' Minnie was quite apologetic, but the tone had been set. Goofy then comes next to me, to an empty seat, and sits down, pulling towards him a plate and flatware. His friend advises him to get up, since there's not enough room at the table. Goofy then stands up, grabs the back of my husband's chair, and begins dragging it across the floor towards an emergency exit, attempting to tip my husband out of the chair and onto the street below. At the time, we were all laughing and it seemed really funny and unique, a great Disney memory, but now my husband feels his manhood was challeneged and is thinking of suing for emotional duress which led to marital stress.

In October of 2004, we were in Toontown waiting to meet Pooh, Eeyore, and Tigger back in the tents. I asked my husband to pose with Tigger, since Tigger is his favorite character. As I started to get ready to take the photo, Tigger started bouncing. Which, as you know, is what Tiggers do best. He grabbed my husband's arms and my husband joined in the bouncing. I have numerous pictures of this incident; sadly, they're all a little blurry on account of all the bouncing. At the time, it was a perfect Tigger-y moment that would make a great memory, but now my husband's left ankle has been a little sore, and he's pretty sure it's from this.

And, of course, there's the time when my entire family was at O'Hana's: myself and my husband, my brother, and my divorced parents who were celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary/20th divorce anniversary. Mickey pantomimed that they were mom and dad and we were all kids, and I tried to explain to Mickey that my mom and dad was divorced, that this is my husband, and they're mine and my brother's parents. Mickey seemed to be very confused, but was still willing to take a picture with my mom and dad. My brother and I are thinking that a lawsuit might be the answer to all the emotions that this picture has caused us. The shock and stress of seeing our parents together, in a picture like that, in a place like that, with Mickey during the Happiest Celebration on Earth, has made us both revert to the age we were during the divorce. My brother has started wetting his bed again and lost his job, and I've taken to rocking silently in a corner listening to black metal. We figure it's good for a few grand, or at the very least, lifetime passes.

All stories are true. The names have not been changed because we're not innocent. All pending lawsuits are the ramblings of a deranged Disney-fied imagination.

fizzle75

You guys are missing the point in what's going to happen here....yes, it's likely that the CM was provoked or responded in "self defense". But it does not matter...the CM is toast.

Disney has done it before and will do it again.

Yeah, unfortunately the customer is "always right" whether they acually are or not. Most folks know that most big corporations have this policy and they use it to there advantage to get what they want or to get attention. I work in management for a large grocery chain and I cannot tell you the times that I have seen upper management side with an unreasonable,beligerant customer who is obviously just trying to stir up trouble and punish an innocent employee all because they are afraid of a law suit. It's sad and frustrating but it happens all of the time.

smk

I have had numerous character encounters far 'worse' than Tigger accidentally swatting me in the face. I'm contemplating suing Disney over all of them now, in light of this new lawsuit.

Most recently, in August of 2006, while dining at Liberty Tree Tavern: my husband, myself, and three friends sat down to eat dinner. We are all between 26 and 30. Minnie and Goofy come over to greet us. Minnie begins hugging and wordlessly flirting with my husband. Goofy gesticulates that Minnie is not single. Minnie points to her ring finger as if to say 'I'm not married!!'. I grab my husband's left hand and show it to Minnie, pointing at his weeding band and stating 'Yeah, but he is!' Minnie was quite apologetic, but the tone had been set. Goofy then comes next to me, to an empty seat, and sits down, pulling towards him a plate and flatware. His friend advises him to get up, since there's not enough room at the table. Goofy then stands up, grabs the back of my husband's chair, and begins dragging it across the floor towards an emergency exit, attempting to tip my husband out of the chair and onto the street below. At the time, we were all laughing and it seemed really funny and unique, a great Disney memory, but now my husband feels his manhood was challeneged and is thinking of suing for emotional duress which led to marital stress.

In October of 2004, we were in Toontown waiting to meet Pooh, Eeyore, and Tigger back in the tents. I asked my husband to pose with Tigger, since Tigger is his favorite character. As I started to get ready to take the photo, Tigger started bouncing. Which, as you know, is what Tiggers do best. He grabbed my husband's arms and my husband joined in the bouncing. I have numerous pictures of this incident; sadly, they're all a little blurry on account of all the bouncing. At the time, it was a perfect Tigger-y moment that would make a great memory, but now my husband's left ankle has been a little sore, and he's pretty sure it's from this.

And, of course, there's the time when my entire family was at O'Hana's: myself and my husband, my brother, and my divorced parents who were celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary/20th divorce anniversary. Mickey pantomimed that they were mom and dad and we were all kids, and I tried to explain to Mickey that my mom and dad was divorced, that this is my husband, and they're mine and my brother's parents. Mickey seemed to be very confused, but was still willing to take a picture with my mom and dad. My brother and I are thinking that a lawsuit might be the answer to all the emotions that this picture has caused us. The shock and stress of seeing our parents together, in a picture like that, in a place like that, with Mickey during the Happiest Celebration on Earth, has made us both revert to the age we were during the divorce. My brother has started wetting his bed again and lost his job, and I've taken to rocking silently in a corner listening to black metal. We figure it's good for a few grand, or at the very least, lifetime passes.

All stories are true. The names have not been changed because we're not innocent. All pending lawsuits are the ramblings of a deranged Disney-fied imagination.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I had so much fun reading this....OMG, seriously funny. I am really laughing with you, you understand. I wouldn't want you to have more shock and stress.:lol: :lol: :lol: . Good job.

Captain Barbosa

It seems to me like the kid definitely provoked Tigger. There is no reason a character would react like that out of the blue. After watching the video there is no doubt in my mind that the (stupid) kid was tugging on something back there.

Tigger is innocent.

NCState

I wished the news meda would interview former CMs like our first poster and get their side of the story. Thanks for explaining it to everyone!

BadTigger

AS soon as I saw the video I said this. First off look at the kid he's a bag looking kid anyway who would try to do something like that. Next Tigger barely touched the kid and in his first motion did an arm lock to obviously prevent the kid from doing something.

Next the news is picking this up and as normal not doing any fact checking or even looking at this from the other angle, which is why the NEWS SUCKS and should never be trusted.

Lastly this family is working the system and I hope gets hit by a bus on the way home from Chuckie cheese.

Migs31091

As a former-Tigger, I can tell you...

After seeing the video several times, I can see that the "kid" was actually pulling on Tigger's upper-back. There are only two things there: A zipper, and Neck-cowel.

The first, well, we know why Tigger would want to protect that.

The second, if pulled, severely chokes the performer.

Furthermore, Tigger's hand came up as a reaction, unknowingly, he "brushes" the kids face -not punching him as the accusations imply. I know the sight-lines in that costume, there is no way Tigger was aiming for the kid, it was a reaction only.

That's the news. Good luck, Tigger!!!

I hear ya. I think that the press in inflating this too much. I saw the video and I looks like that the cast member is pushing the kid off of him. I don't even think that the kid looked young.

This is getting crazy folks.

BadTigger

I hear ya. I think that the press in inflating this too much. I saw the video and I looks like that the cast member is pushing the kid off of him. I don't even think that the kid looked young.

This is getting crazy folks.

Another thing is Disney won't have the balls to tell these people to go screw and the family knows that, why the hell were they on AM National Network news, this isn't NEWS. If they fire the CM I hope they hire a lawyer and sue Disney and this family, if the kid was reaching around to pull on the CM that is assault, and if they are fired for self defense they should sue for wrongful termination.

ktflisa

Matt Lauer on the Today show said he'd like to know what the kid did to Tigger, and they left it at that. I don't know if they revisited it since I left for work, but I liked his comments! Very un-press like.

pacochran

According to our local news the CM that played Tigger has been suspended from their job, which almost leads into the earlier post that the poor worker may end up getting fired. That's to bad, because it looks to me that the kid was definately at fault and Tigger was just trying to defend himself.

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
AS soon as I saw the video I said this. First off look at the kid he's a bag looking kid anyway who would try to do something like that. Next Tigger barely touched the kid and in his first motion did an arm lock to obviously prevent the kid from doing something.

Next the news is picking this up and as normal not doing any fact checking or even looking at this from the other angle, which is why the NEWS SUCKS and should never be trusted.

Lastly this family is working the system and I hope gets hit by a bus on the way home from Chuckie cheese.
Do they teach you how to prevent guests from causing costume malfunctions when you go to "be best friends" with a character?

NCState

Matt Lauer on the Today show said he'd like to know what the kid did to Tigger, and they left it at that. I don't know if they revisited it since I left for work, but I liked his comments! Very un-press like.

My local news stations CBS and ABC made the same quote. :sohappy: I hope most of the viewers feel the same way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom