Tigger Punches Guest??

Scar Junior

Hey, gotta speak on what I saw on that video. It is clear that kid was tugging on Tigger, and obviously losing their balance.... Just look, the goof ball kid is bouncing on one foot, which shows me he is goofing off and lost his balance, his hand is behind Tigger, and pulling on his head or costume.... And Tigger grabs his arm to either pull it away from him to keep his mask from being ripped off by this kid or to try to balance himself. The kids continues to tug as he continues to hop and Tigger turns, making contact.. OPPS so the CM is wrong... If the kid ripped off Tiggers mask, killing tha magic for hundreds of kids there that day, then what would be your opinion MIKE???

No, I totally agree. After reading the story and watching it for the third time, I'm convinced the kid was not thinking and showing off. First, he's told by the parent to get in the shot... then once he's in the shot he needs to do something goofy and wacky because that's what he feels his role in the family is.

Look at his face when he's infront of the home camera....
Then look when he's talking to the news...

Those expressions on his face tell the story.

Space Mountain

As one of Tiggers very close "Friends" This video is something that has happened to every character in disney world. I once was with goofy when he nearly knocked a woman on concious with his nose. Things happen, to tell you the truth Tigger had no idea where that kids face was before he turns and faces him. There is noo way he directed that bunch except for a wild swing. I can also tell you that the way he acts twisting around the kids arm, that is a very common move when someone does something inappropriate behind your back. And yes that does happen, people do stupid stupid things to characters and nothing ever happens, but one time Tigger hits a kid and it is headlines news. It is a load of male cow manure. Not to mention this one time Tigger was bouncy over to pooh's playground and trambled a 40 year old woman....... opps it happens.:mad:

The video in the news article isnt long enough. Right at the end of the clip shown of Tigger and the guests, it almosts looks like Tigger is seeing if the kid is okay, and had realized what he had done. That "punch" didnt look hard either, but who knows...

Captain Chaos

No, I totally agree. After reading the story and watching it for the third time, I'm convinced the kid was not thinking and showing off. First, he's told by the parent to get in the shot... then once he's in the shot he needs to do something goofy and wacky because that's what he feels his role in the family is.

Look at his face when he's infront of the home camera....
Then look when he's talking to the news...

Those expressions on his face tell the story.

I wasn't really looking at his actions.. I was just looking at his face and notice the kid was a goof ball.... thus, he did a typical goof ball thing... and he gets slapped for it... rightfully so.... Now he can go home, play his internet games with hsi internet friends, talk to his online REAL girlfriend, and be the MOST POPULAR goof ball in school.....

Captain Chaos

The video in the news article isnt long enough. Right at the end of the clip shown of Tigger and the guests, it almosts looks like Tigger is seeing if the kid is okay, and had realized what he had done. That "punch" didnt look hard either, but who knows...

Good point there.. of course, the family CUTS the tape to show the media what they WANT you to see... How do we know Tigger didn't try to shake the kid's hand or give him a hug... SINCE THE CHARACTERS CANNOT TALK IN COSTUME.....

Big Cheese

Pretty simple answer: Broke Trailer Trash looking for the big bucks. Just like the Chicago dad who's suing Chicagoland Speedway for embarrassment & humiliation because his son's picture was put on a brochure. Tigger needs to start smacking some Lawyers now!:mad:

Captain Chaos

Pretty simple answer: Broke Trailer Trash looking for the big bucks. Just like the Chicago dad who's suing Chicagoland Speedway for embarrassment & humiliation because his son's picture was put on a brochure. Tigger needs to start smacking some Lawyers now!:mad:

Tigger is in too much trouble... He cannot slap a lawyer now... I will slap the lawyers for him....

slappy magoo

You need to stop. Now.

Uh, just out of curiosity, what did he say here that's so wrong? Is it wrong to wish for/think of/hope for/wistfully remember a time when you didn't have to think that a CM MIGHT hit a guest.

After watching the footage a few times, what strikes me as telling is this...

whether "Tigger" is lashing out or falling, when he strikes the kid with his left hand (or, if you prefer, paw), he locks the kid's left arm with his right arm. Since the home video footage ends right after that, it's hard to tell if, indeed, Tigger is intentionally locking the kid's arm up, and if so, why. It's also difficult to tell if Tigger is falling, with the footage ending when it does. If Tigger WAS falling, you'd think the ensuing footage would show Tigger showing some remorse, checking to see if he's OK, a subsequent explanation from Tigger's "helper" that Tigger didn't mean to cause any harm, stuff like that. But based on what we can see, it does look like Tigger uses his right arm to hold the kid, while he swings with his left.

If that is the case, the question is Why?
Was the CM being attacked, physically or verbally?
Did the CM have a bout of claustrophobia that made him act irrationally?
Was the CM a woman, and the kid, knowingly or not, cop a feel?
Was the kid doing something to the CMs back that was not only midly annoying but perhaps painful and malicious? And the CM momentarily lost his head?
Speaking of losing his head, was the kid Innocently (or not) pulling on the costume in a way that the CM feared might tear the costume, make him lose the Tigger head? The costumed CMs are indoctrinated that one of the worst things that can happen is that kids will see the CM under the mask. Could it be that the CM was afraid the costume was about to fall apart, and was so concerned about getting in trouble if that happened, that he/she lost rational thought and just wanted to stop the threat?

My suspicion is that the kid was doing something to Tigger's back-deliberately or not-that genuinely hurt the CM. Pain is one thing, pain under a heavy costume, where you may already feel claustrophobic or exhausted is another. But at that moment, the CM thought the pain was deliberate, which is why he locked the kid's left arm with his right, to stop the assault, and then he swung in what could be considered self-defense.

Whether I'd have any sympathy for the CM would be based on whether or not I'm right, and whether or not the pain the CM felt, was done deliberately by the kid or not.

My futher suspicion is that Disney believes the CM's side of the story, or at least believes that the CM believes his own story. At the same time, Disney feels the need to not admit that publicly. A day of bad PR is bad enough, what's worse is TWO days of bad PR, or three or four. If they accuse the kid of intentionally causing pain to the CM, of trying to make a scene, then the story lives longer than it ought to. Better to say "We talked to the CM, we've disciplined the CM, and it's been taken care of to our satisfaction." That might be enough to placate the guests, and if so, great, then the story goes away. If not, then the father and son gets to have a friendly chat with the Disney legal team, who will gently remind them that, if the case goes to trial, Disney's pockets are deeper, they WILL develop a defense, they WILL subpoena to see the entire tape, and the father and son better be sure that the kid couldn't have been doing anything that could have been interpreted as deliberately injurious. And despite the father's claims that they don't want freebies, they'll be offered some token gesture of tickets or merch to smooth the ruffled feathers, and we won't hear much of this again.

huntzilla

These are the absoulute worst type of people. The scum who try to make a quick buck. This makes me sick, the kid looks like some goth, emo kid (LOOK AT THE GLOVE ) who didn't even want to be there so he decided to act like a smart *** and did something to Tigger like pull on his tail, hit him, or something. It looks as if he could have just been falling down to seeing as the curb's right behind him. It's so obvious the dad is trying to get something because it's the same day and daylight is still out when the reporters get there. This ****** just say something small and ran with it and I agree with everyone else and Tigger should have clocked the dad too (but I like the curb stomping idea much better). So I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but I just hate these types of people. Sorry for the rant.

PS. Any way to get this guy's email? I'd love to rip him a new one. Thanks :)

radiohost

1. That kid is a complete dork!!!! I mean Im talking super-nerd..

2. His Dad seems like the kind of guy who always wanted a son that he could take to a ballgame or teach him guy things like hunting, fishing, sports ect...and look who he got.....Erkel

3. Hello, but it seems to me that the dad called the T.V. station to report this...this kind of story woul not come on the wire in the newsroom, I know, I was an intern in one last year.

4. If this guy (dad) gets national attention he wins, cuz you know theres going to be all these nuts who come out on his side who claim that this sord of thing hap[ens all the time and that WDW does nothing about it.

5. These "helpers" to the charecters are the one's WHO BRING THE MAGIC INTO THE EYES OF THE CHILDREN AT WDW. A child doesnt think of the great cast members who make the trip great as a parent would think, instead its the charecters that they have been dreaming about for weeks, not cast members, that bring that sparkle in there eye!!!! They do alot and should be applauded...Those hidden faces are the true heros of the magic!!! God Bless Them!!!:cool:

IcicleM

First of all, my favorite line is "Everyone came up an' apologized to me except Tigga. He won't be a man about it..." Man I just laaaaaughed.

Second, any actor on these message board is probably used to being able to identify "acting" and when something looks very real. Eye contact is that key. "Like father like son" when they both get on the camera, their eyes keep on shifting. If they were telling the truth, they'd be lookin' right at the reporter and telling her what's going on. But what the hell is so important that you gotta keep shiftin' your eyes for?! You think Tigger's gonna pop up and sock you again?!

The next point in the issue is the the look on the kid's face when he wraps his arm around Tigger. RECENTLY, I had pictures taken with Tigger at the Crystal Palace. When I wrapped my arm around him, my hand accidentally slipped in the small space in between his back and his tail. (The tail is sewed to the back of the suit, if anyone can recall.) And Tigger noticed and tried helping me out TWISTING AROUND TO HELP ME, and I whispered "Sorry" and he nodded, and I released my hand and just put my arm OVER his tail, and all was good. Whatever this kid was doing, it made Tigger feel threatened, and he reacted accordingly.

Also, Tigger can only see out of his mouth, so he doesn't know where this boy is putting his arms or anything else. I've been in a costume before (I worked for Build-A-Bear and I was Bearemy) and it's hot, it's heavy, you can't see, and you really don't know where people are while you're in that suit. I had to really get used to not stepping on little babies.

JT3000

Guys, we all know what this is. This is a punk kid who is able to run rampant through universal Studios, cause, well, they want bad behaving teens to run that park. Then, this punk goes to Disney, and because he can fight Shrek, he figures he can do it to Tigger to. So, as the video shows, he TUGS HARD on Tigger, causing the CM to lose his/her balance, twist around to try to regain their balance, and they accidently come in contact with that punk's face.

Good riddence to this family. Go to Universal for now on. Now their attendance will double to what? 2 people????

Or maybe, this is a Universal Studios employee who needed to get Disney's name in the paper with some bad press because they are trying to cover up a rape that occured there. Oh, how long before news media picked up that story about the rape in UNIVERSAL STUDIOS??? IN THE PARK!!! IN THE QUEUE FOR THE RIDE....

Speaking of people who deserve to be leveled. :lookaroun

Captain Chaos

1. That kid is a complete dork!!!! I mean Im talking super-nerd..

2. His Dad seems like the kind of guy who always wanted a son that he could take to a ballgame or teach him guy things like hunting, fishing, sports ect...and look who he got.....Erkel

3. Hello, but it seems to me that the dad called the T.V. station to report this...this kind of story woul not come on the wire in the newsroom, I know, I was an intern in one last year.

4. If this guy (dad) gets national attention he wins, cuz you know theres going to be all these nuts who come out on his side who claim that this sord of thing hap[ens all the time and that WDW does nothing about it.

5. These "helpers" to the charecters are the one's WHO BRING THE MAGIC INTO THE EYES OF THE CHILDREN AT WDW. A child doesnt think of the great cast members who make the trip great as a parent would think, instead its the charecters that they have been dreaming about for weeks, not cast members, that bring that sparkle in there eye!!!! They do alot and should be applauded...Those hidden faces are the true heros of the magic!!! God Bless Them!!!:cool:

:lol:

Imagine the mental abuse the kid will get in school: HEY NERD YOU WERE BEAT UP BY A DISNEY CHARACTER.... Many lockers will be filled with this goof ball's crap and tears.....

ssidiouss@mac.c

You are all fools if you think that kid wasn't doing something stupid and possibly dangerous behind tiggers back.

LOOK AT THE FRAME BY FRAME photos.. look the kids devious smile before tigger "hit" him. He was already going into a mock-fight mode as he clenches his other fist. Why would he do that if he didnt know what was coming? Well.. because he KNEW WHAT WAS COMING BECAUSE HE WAS DOING SOMETHING STUPID/DANGEROUS.

Review the frame by frame before you talk here please.

Lastly.. this family should be banned from the parks for life.

radiohost

BTW......

If Disney gives these people some freebies like fastpasses or an upgrade to a resort or heck, a night in cinderellas castle, due to the year of a million dreams thing, I am going to be one TICKED off person!!!!! :cool:

These people would be replacing other potential winners in YOAMD, instead they should be upgraded to the hotel outside the maingate of Gator Land.

Captain Chaos

BTW......

If Disney gives these people some freebies like fastpasses or an upgrade to a resort or heck, a night in cinderellas castle, due to the year of a million dreams thing, I am going to be one TICKED off person!!!!! :cool:

These people would be replacing other potential winners in YOAMD, instead they should be upgraded to the hotel outside the maingate of Gator Land.

Maybe that is why they are lashing out.. They probably didn't win anything and this 14 year old started crying MOMMY DADDY WHY DIDN'T THEY PICK ME TO WIN SOMETHING???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom