Tigger Punches Guest??

wedway71

Judging strictly on public opinion on both Disney and non-Disney related sites the Monaco family does not have a snowball's chance in hades of winning this case.

It is clear when the video is reviewed that Jerry Monaco Jr pulls on the back of the costume thereby by choking the cast member. Weather he does this intentionally or unintentionally will more than likely never be known. The cast members actions are simply done out of self defense. In some versions of this video the tape runs around 1 second past this alleged punch and it shows Tigger placing his hand on Jerry Monaco Jr's shoulder and shaking his hand. Based on the fact that costumed cast members are not permitted to speak while in costume this could be inferred to be a non verbal apology. I suspect that there is considerably more footage on that tape that is not being shown by the media that would aid in exonerating Tigger of any wrong doing but in this age on unfair and biased reporting practiced by far too many new agencies the general public will more than likely never see this footage. There is no evidence that would suggest that the cast members actions were an attempt to physically harm Jerry Monaco Jr.

Jerry Monaco Jr's claims of injury are IMHO highly dubious and I feel that this opinion is shared by many.

In all probability this is a simple accident that is being blown way out of proportion by Jerry Monaco Sr for the purpose of financial gain.

But that is just my opinion......
and my opinion too:wave:

wedway71

Anybody stop and wonder if this whole thing was a set up by the Monacos?
Kinda funny that when Tigger does this its on tape like Jr was told to do somthing to Tigger or a character while hes taking video??
After almost 20 years in Management and going to many court cases fighting people trying to scam the companies I have worked for years maybe im just synical.

jorgetheviking

Nope this isn't the first time Tigger has been in trouble...another incident a few years ago where he was accused of groping a teenage girl and her mother but the CM was found innocent by a jury when the case went to court.

Sorry and not to be partial but Universal is not what they used to be...atleast not here in Orlando. Some of the attractions are starting to show their age and when was the last time they came out with a "major" attraction?? Oh and by the way Back to the Future is gone or atleast operating at only 1/2.

I knew tigger was in trouble before.

btw. Universal is re-considering Back to the Future's fate. It may stay :D .
Revenge of the Mummy was the last major attraction. Universal is still doing better than Disney as far as managment goes. They have better deals, friendly employees, great Beetlejuice show, and MIB kills Buzz Lightyear. I agree some attractions are starting to show age but atleast they're doing something about it. Jaws was refurbished last year, so was Dueling dragons, and Ripsaw Falls is currently closed for a refurb. Any more questions?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Anybody stop and wonder if this whole thing was a set up by the Monacos?
Kinda funny that when Tigger does this its on tape like Jr was told to do somthing to Tigger or a character while hes taking video??
After almost 20 years in Management and going to many court cases fighting people trying to scam the companies I have worked for years maybe im just synical.
It is always possible but if it was set up I would have expected Jr to have played up the pain on camera and not left the park unless it was in an ambulance. All he would of had to do is go limp as soon as Tigger's hand touched him and they would of had a much more convincing case.

hrmom26

Heres the letter id like to see from WDW if they had a "pair"

Dear Mr. Monaco,

After reviewing the tapes in which your son claims he was attacked by Tigger we have come to the conclusion that it was in fact Tigger who was attacked.Tigger claims through his Union rep that he was being choked by your son and it was merely a self defense move not to hit but to push away since choking the CM would have made him pass out and thus fall ontop of your other kids and REALLY ruining the Honeymoon.
It is a good thing you have already contacted an attorney for the fact that you will REALLY need one now since we have opened a lawsuit against you for Defimation of Character and loss of wages and mental anguish for the CM playing Tigger.
WDW prides itself with every Guest leaving happy so please accept these coupons for (4) free DOLE WHIPS on your next visit with any $1,000 merchandise purchase.
Have a magical day,
WDW management
:lol: :sohappy: too funny:D

GothMickey

I knew tigger was in trouble before.

btw. Universal is re-considering Back to the Future's fate. It may stay :D .
Revenge of the Mummy was the last major attraction. Universal is still doing better than Disney as far as managment goes. They have better deals, friendly employees, great Beetlejuice show, and MIB kills Buzz Lightyear. I agree some attractions are starting to show age but atleast they're doing something about it. Jaws was refurbished last year, so was Dueling dragons, and Ripsaw Falls is currently closed for a refurb. Any more questions?

Someone is a Universal apologist huh? Better deals? More friendly employees? BEETLEJUICE??? Give me a break. Mummy is good but not great. Back to the Future needs to go, Jaws stinks, Earthquake is terrible, Twister is dull and boring, Shrek is just a typical 3D movie, nothing special. And maybe Universal is considering Back to the Future's fate because they cannot come up with anything cause they lack creativity? If they were doing so much better, then why are they continuing to lose attendance and Disney continues to gain attendance? Did anyone watch that YouTube video where, before the slap, the FATHER does something to Tigger's head and actually is on tape saying something to Tigger about being on his head??

GothMickey

I heard that about what the father said on You-tube.

I kinda pictured the father sitting on tiggers shoulders or something.

And he wonder's why Tigger was agitated? Take a grown man and have him lean on your head or shoulders forcefully. Seems like this father and son combo are trouble makers and bully wannabe's. Disney SUE THESE PEOPLE AND SUE THEM FOR EVERYTHING THEY GOT!!!!

now this morons got a lawyer and the son is saying he had to go to the hospital to get pain meds cus his neck hurts. My lord what a moron watch the video here from CBS news and laugh you butt of at this one. I cant believe this story they are coming up with now.

disneydata

Becky, please tell your friend he's got a ton of support here and keep us posted on how he is doing. Hopefully this will end in his favor very soon.

Thanks for all you do to keep the Magic alive. Suzi :sohappy:
Trust me, he knows. He is thankful for all the support!

GothMickey

now this morons got a lawyer and the son is saying he had to go to the hospital to get pain meds cus his neck hurts. My lord what a moron watch the video here from CBS news and laugh you butt of at this one. I cant believe this story they are coming up with now.

Considering they probably rode Star Tours, RNRC, Tower of Terror, I say there is a good chance his neck DID hurt. Face it, if he got hurt by barely getting touched, then this kid is a giant wimp.

GothMickey

Seriously people, watch the YouTube video and compare it to the video the NEWS MEDIA plays. They cut out the part where the father jumps into the scene and does something to Tigger's head. How convenient this is left out.

bayoutinkbelle

I have a really random question (prompted by my upcoming visit in a few days :D ). When something like this happens, does Disney cut back and/or stop those character appearances until the smoke clears? I'd be sad not to see Tigger on my visit. Anyone?

I'm glad Michael knows about all the support he has here and, undoubtedly, elsewhere. Tell him to keep bouncin'! :wave:

missionspace

If anything that kid should get in trouble for trying to remove tiggers outfit! It is hard to tell but from that video it looked like that kid was sticking his finger up tiggers but hole!

wedway71

If anything that kid should get in trouble for trying to remove tiggers outfit! It is hard to tell but from that video it looked like that kid was sticking his finger up tiggers but hole!

RLMAO---proof would have been if the kid smelt his finger before the punch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom