News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Figment1984

View attachment 810494
What happened to her pantsuit? Why is she in her "Wedding Dress"? Why is their no continuity? lol
The ad is real but people are judging a poorly selected thumbnail of a 15 second video.

Of course I can’t find it anymore (after seeing it pop up on my feed a hundred times) but the video starts with Tiana in her dress acting all prim and proper saying “I, Princess Tiana, formally invite you…” before looking behind and then eyeing up and down her dress in that awkward annoyed look realizing she isn’t dressed for the occasion. She runs off screen and changes to her new outfit and acts more informal “Hey y’all I’m inviting you to a big bash…”

It’s not an awful ad for the ride but yeah whoever uploaded that onto Youtube didn’t do their job and just stuck with whatever thumbnail YouTube randomly chose.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

Is that ad art actually real and not edited? That expression is a hell of a choice if it's legit. I'd like to know the story behind whoever drew it and also what sort of approval process it went through (assuming there was any). Because it's hard for me to imagine whoever was responsible isn't trolling.
It's a somewhat misleading still of this official clip:

ETA: I see that @Figment1984 already provided the context.

haveyoumetmark

Waittill this opens at disneyland DL fans are crazy. There is going to be a backlash WDI has never seen before
Doubt it’ll be any crazier than what’s in this thread. The footage is out there, they know what they’re getting for the most part. I think it might be even better from a pacing standpoint because DL Splash is faster.

Disstevefan1

Waittill this opens at disneyland DL fans are crazy. There is going to be a backlash WDI has never seen before
I have heard (could be fake news) that the dark, un themed area in Tiana in WDW is because the attraction was designed for DLRs attraction.

Also, the climate is better, so the animatronics will probably be more reliable there, also, its looking like WDW is turning out to be a beta site and they can understand the mistakes they made in WDW and fix them for DLR.

DLR wins again.

dmc493

I think it’s poor form to disregard it completely. I rode for the first time this week and after three rides, can say that I had families singing in each log, and only two instances of broken animatronics (non moving Tiana facial features but rest of body worked, and alligator who’s name I forgot froze up in one scene). No bad timing issues to report. Can’t say if I was just lucky, but left no bad tastes in my mouth and the people around me thoroughly enjoyed it.

I know there was a pause in reporting on virtual queue and downtime, but curious if reliability’s gotten better. It seems like things are, but don’t have the data

mickEblu

I think it’s poor form to disregard it completely. I rode for the first time this week and after three rides, can say that I had families singing in each log, and only two instances of broken animatronics (non moving Tiana facial features but rest of body worked, and alligator who’s name I forgot froze up in one scene). No bad timing issues to report. Can’t say if I was just lucky, but left no bad tastes in my mouth and the people around me thoroughly enjoyed it.

I know there was a pause in reporting on virtual queue and downtime, but curious if reliability’s gotten better. It seems like things are, but don’t have the data

It’s impossible to disregard completely as it still has Splash Mountains ride system, layout, drops, ride time, indoor/ outdoor scenes etc…

I already know where I will feel the biggest voids. Going down the first drop and not hearing the Geese singing “How Do you Do” as soon as you enter the show building, Mama Odie on a screen with “Dig a Little Deeper” playing instead of the vultures/ ominous music on the lifthill and not hearing Zip a Dee Doo Dah or all the animals singing on the riverboat. Don’t get wrong I think nearly everything in terms of ride experience is a downgrade but I think those will be the three areas where I will feel it the most.

Dear Prudence

I have heard (could be fake news) that the dark, un themed area in Tiana in WDW is because the attraction was designed for DLRs attraction.

Also, the climate is better, so the animatronics will probably be more reliable there, also, its looking like WDW is turning out to be a beta site and they can understand the mistakes they made in WDW and fix them for DLR.

DLR wins again.
Someone on YouTube was trying to say that the reason why the animatronics are breaking down so much is because of the weather and because they are "so advanced."

Tokyo Disneyland has more intense weather (including humidity), earthquakes, SNOW, and they have even more advanced animatronics. Which they maintain just fine. All of their Splash figures, which I am sure are the old hydraulic ones, are running in top form 90 million times a day. The difference is that Tokyo actually cares about the quality of its products, and the American shills will just keep making excuses instead of wanting their experiences to match their ticket prices.

Also, I think that that DLR version of Spalsh always just seemed better maintained. It would go down in the summer because of electricity issues, but it seemed less dilapidated, even at the end.

I wish theyvhad done what they did with Splash for TBA and have different versions instead of a copy + paste in both parks.

JoeCamel

Someone on YouTube was trying to say that the reason why the animatronics are breaking down so much is because of the weather and because they are "so advanced."

Tokyo Disneyland has more intense weather (including humidity), earthquakes, SNOW, and they have even more advanced animatronics. Which they maintain just fine. All of their Splash figures, which I am sure are the old hydraulic ones, are running in top form 90 million times a day. The difference is that Tokyo actually cares about the quality of its products, and the American shills will just keep making excuses instead of wanting their experiences to match their ticket prices.

Also, I think that that DLR version of Spalsh always just seemed better maintained. It would go down in the summer because of electricity issues, but it seemed less dilapidated, even at the end.

I wish theyvhad done what they did with Splash for TBA and have different versions instead of a copy + paste in both parks.
I wonder how much of these AAs were made by Disney? It used to be Garner Holt but I don't know their relationship today, like Malificient float being made in Wyoming it may be they bought poorly and are trying to collect on the warranty
It's not like they didn't know the environment they were going to be installed in.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
If we're talking about derpy Tiana faces...
Screenshot_2024-08-14_162923.png

MerlinTheGoat

I'll repost something that a mechanical engineer and experienced AA repairman (who has done substantial maintenance work at both Disney and Universal) said on the matter.

1724112262877.png

He singles out all-electric figures in this case as opposed to traditional hydraulic and pneumatic designs because the electronics don't play as well with extremely damp environments.

Splash/TBA is also more of an extreme case of this than other boat rides. There's a large number of drops kicking up a ton of water into the air throughout the entire ride. POTC by comparison only has drops in the starting cavern areas, and AA's are kept pretty far away from these drops in areas where the flume is less turbulent and less moisture is being kicked up into the air and onto sets. Splash/TBA's drops are not only much closer to many AA' heavy scenes, but the figures are also closer to the the edge of the flume. Most of POTC's figures by comparison are which are pushed further back into the scene.

That said, as I also said, it is pretty apparent that there's an extra layer of incompetent design that went into this ride too. Even the most basic moving figures are breaking down, not just the animatronics. There have also been lighting malfunctions too. So there seems to be a lot of different reasons behind the failures.

JoeCamel

I'll repost something that a mechanical engineer and experienced AA repairman (who has done substantial maintenance work at both Disney and Universal) said on the matter.

View attachment 810646

He singles out all-electric figures in this case as opposed to traditional hydraulic and pneumatic designs because the electronics don't play as well with extremely damp environments.

Splash/TBA is also more of an extreme case of this than other boat rides. There's a large number of drops kicking up a ton of water into the air throughout the entire ride. POTC by comparison only has drops in the starting cavern areas, and AA's are kept pretty far away from these drops in areas where the flume is less turbulent and less moisture is being kicked up into the air and onto sets. Splash/TBA's drops are not only much closer to many AA' heavy scenes, but the figures are also closer to the the edge of the flume. Most of POTC's figures by comparison are which are pushed further back into the scene.

That said, as I also said, it is pretty apparent that there's an extra layer of incompetent design that went into this ride too. Even the most basic moving figures are breaking down, not just the animatronics. There have also been lighting malfunctions too. So there seems to be a lot of different reasons behind the failures.
Only one reason - improperly done exorcism, once you have gremlins and ghosts you might as well close the doors and walk

Kirby86

Is that ad art actually real and not edited? That expression is a hell of a choice if it's legit. I'd like to know the story behind whoever drew it and also what sort of approval process it went through (assuming there was any). Because it's hard for me to imagine whoever was responsible isn't trolling.
It's real I've seen it pop up on Facebook ads. She switches out of that outfit because she doesn't want to come off as princess while inviting us.

TrainsOfDisney

It honestly just looks and feels unfinished.
Impossible - all the experts and insiders said this would be better, have just as many, if not more AA’s, and it had to be good because wdi knew they had to knock it out of the park!!!

Maybe the research trips should be taken at AA factories and they can just look at some photos of New Orleans :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom