News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Epcot81Fan

If there's anyone with a passing knowledge of New Orleans knows, let alone anyone that's been there once or twice (let alone on multiple educational trips), it's that there's a dearth of serviceable street musicians within earshot of anywhere in New Orleans proper at any given moment.
The best part is having to endure WDI lecture us about what amazing “storytellers” they are in endless blog posts.

Epcot81Fan

Yeah, I said that once before.
They are in the mecca of jazz, but have to take a trip through a swamp in order to find animals that play instruments?
And exactly how loud do frog musicians play?

Can the people dancing in the finale even hear the frog musicians?

So they shrink you down to go get tiny musicians that can’t be heard at the party?

Good lord, this entire concept is idiotic.

Last edited:

Jedi14

So they shrink you down to go get musicians that can’t be heard at the party?

Are you really going to question the concept of animal musicians?

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member

So they shrink you down to go get musicians that can’t be heard at the party?

To add-

When you think about it, Tiana doesn't have the Bayou Adventure. She just finds 2 bands, then looks in a log, then goes to the party. Whee.

Epcot81Fan

To add-

When you think about it, Tiana doesn't have the Bayou Adventure. She just finds 2 bands, then looks in a log, then goes to the party. Whee.
Don’t forget the flailing! So, so much pointless flailing!

The disrespect they show for this character and the source material is just astonishing.

But WDI made her a custom dress for the finale! Or something!

Epcot81Fan

I'd forgive much of TBA if they'd just concoct a story of Tiana needing to finding a rare plant/herb for her latest "food" it could even be a plant that blooms, ripens, whatever when exposed to the sounds of music. Is it ridiculous, Yep! But it's still better than going on a quest to find an animal band (which is accomplished rather quickly)
But even then - where is the “adventure” and is that a story worthy of an E-ticket attraction?

In the current version, not only does she not have an adventure or conflict of any kind, heck, she doesn’t even experience “inconvenience”.

The beats are:

“I need a band”
“Here’s one”
“Here’s another one”
“And another”
“Welcome to the party”

I have more of an “adventure” navigating traffic going to the dry cleaners.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
But even then - where is the “adventure” and is that a story worthy of an E-ticket attraction?

In the current version, not only does she not have an adventure or conflict of any kind, heck, she doesn’t even experience “inconvenience”.

The beats are:

“I need a band”
“Here’s one”
“Here’s another one”
“And another”
“Welcome to the party”

I have more of an “adventure” navigating traffic going to the dry cleaners.
The adventure is in trying to find the mcguffin. I agree it's weak sauce but let's not kid ourselves and think this was going to be anything other than a C-ticket. (on a good day) without any real stakes or conflict, it was always going to be an episode of Dora the Explorer. At least with trying to track down a missing ingredient or even Louis's trumpet there were some stakes, some sense of story progression.

As-is, the story progression ends the minute the attraction starts -- we find a band instantly. Horrah! Or should I say, Hallelujah!

Epcot81Fan

The adventure is in trying to find the mcguffin. I agree it's weak sauce but let's not kid ourselves and think this was going to be anything other than a C-ticket. (on a good day) without any real stakes or conflict, it was always going to be an episode of Dora the Explorer. At least with trying to track down a missing ingredient or even Louis's trumpet there were some stakes, some sense of story progression.

As-is, the story progression ends the minute the attraction starts -- we find a band instantly. Horrah! Or should I say, Hallelujah!
Exactly. The ride, based on its own premise, could end after the first scene.

“Hey, kids, meet Louis up ahead to find a band!” (flail, flail)

“Here’s Louis and a band!” (more flailing)

Please exit to your left.

co10064

Premium Member
It's truly wild hearing the claim that Tiana looks so off model that children won't be able to recognize her. First off, she doesn't. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Secondly, that's really such a discredit to Anika Noni Rose whose stellar voice work really brings Tiana to life. I know I might be biased, but I think Anika is truly in the golden trio of princess voice actors with Paige O'Hara and Jodi Benson. To be frank, Tiana wouldn't be Tiana without Anika Noni Rose's inspired acting.

I've been lucky enough to ride Tiana's Bayou Adventure (with all the animatronics working none the less), and found it ridiculous that anyone would claim it was difficult to understand whose ride it is. If you have any clue who Tiana is, you'll know exactly who you're adventuring with.
IMO the first three Tiana animatronics are very clearly her, but the last one at the party scene doesn’t capture her very well at all. The first time I saw the ride through POV, I had to double check that it was actually Tiana and not one of her family members or friends.

Epcot81Fan

Looking at the ride time, from the start of Tiana flailing and saying "Hey kids, let's go find a tiny frog band!" to when you are restored back to full size, that is over three minutes of the attraction.

That means, give or take, almost 30% of the entire ride time is driven by a story premise to go find a six inch tall frog band that, by definition, can't even be heard by the people dancing at the party.

Seriously, how does that idiotic concept even get past the first story pitch meeting?

Jedi14

Looking at the ride time, from the start of Tiana flailing and saying "Hey kids, let's go find a tiny frog band!" to when you are restored back to full size, that is over three minutes of the attraction.

That means, give or take, almost 30% of the entire ride time is driven by a story premise to go find a six inch tall frog band that, by definition, can't even be heard by the people dancing at the party.

Seriously, how does that idiotic concept even get past the first story pitch meeting?
At this point, you seem to be obsessed with this ride more than anyone else.

RenDeVieux

So every human musician in the entire city of New Orleans and surrounding area is booked for the evening and therefore the only solution is to venture out into the bayou to find little animals that can play music and bring them back to New Orleans to play at the party.

Uh, OK.
As a Nola native…not finding musicians over Carnival season/Mardi Gras on short notice tracks. Those guys usually book gigs weeks in advance (I can’t speak
for a century ago..)

donaldtoo

0C3384A3-4454-4F21-8AC0-CBEF044A7631.gif

celluloid

The Mcguffn is a mcguffin because it leads to conflict. It is wasted and therefore not a Mcguffin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom