News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
1000002047.jpg

So that's why the AAs don't resemble Tiana? It was her "aunty Tiara" all along?

Last edited:

mickEblu

Just checking to make sure I understand.

The final scene of the party appears to take place in New Orleans, not in the middle of the bayou.

So the entire premise of the attraction and catalyst for the “story” is based on they can’t find musicians in New Orleans?

It’s really hard to fathom how bad this turned out. I don’t think there is one person on earth (that wasn’t working on the project) that could have predicted it would be THIS bad.

Epcot82Guy

The final scene of the party appears to take place in New Orleans, not in the middle of the bayou.

So the entire premise of the attraction and catalyst for the “story” is based on they can’t find musicians in New Orleans?

The premise is that they are all booked for the celebration already. But, Tiana - the main host of the party - can't find a band...

WorldExplorer

Disney can afford to retheme one of their most beloved attractions at the drop of a hat, but apparently Grammarly is too much for them.

It's fun to see creators talk about the effort put into small things when they also clearly put effort into the big picture and made something overall worthwhile.

This ride only seems to have had effort put into small things, though, so hearing about them isn't fun, it just highlights terrible priorities.

Epcot81Fan

The premise is that they are all booked for the celebration already. But, Tiana - the main host of the party - can't find a band...
So every human musician in the entire city of New Orleans and surrounding area is booked for the evening and therefore the only solution is to venture out into the bayou to find little animals that can play music and bring them back to New Orleans to play at the party.

Uh, OK.

mickEblu

So every human musician in the entire city of New Orleans and surrounding area is booked for the evening and therefore the only solution is to venture out into the bayou to find little animals that can play music and bring them back to New Orleans to play at the party.

Uh, OK.

Not the most clever of stories (and really no excuse for it) but one could look past it if the execution wasn’t so terrible but a crappy story with crappy execution and crappy figures that just rock back and forth taking center stage? That’s too much. Then removing the tension from the lifthill and replacing it with ….nothing. I took my daughter on Little Mermaid yesterday. There is more conflict on the omnimover ride in colorful clamshells vehicles than the ride with the 50 foot drop.

Epcot81Fan

It’s really hard to fathom how bad this turned out. I don’t think there is one person on earth (that wasn’t working on the project) that could have predicted it would be THIS bad.
It truly is. When they don’t even come within striking distance of my incredibly low expectations and create something this embarrassing and, as they say today, “cringe”, it is actually hard to believe.

Honestly, every person involved with this disaster should be fired.

Last edited:

mickEblu

It truly is. When they don’t even come within striking distance of my incredibly low expectations and create something this embarrassing and, as they say today, “cringe”, it is actually hard to believe.

Honestly, every person involved with this disaster should be fired.

And to think while they were creating this disaster they were spending time writing blogs about weathervanes and using a hot comb on AA Tiana’s hair to make it authentic. For 2 years on these boards I’ve been saying they had the wrong priorities and this was going to turn out bad. I just never imagined it could be this bad. Imagine if they would have used all that energy to just make a fun ride inspired by the actual source material?

Last edited by a moderator:

Epcot81Fan

Then removing the tension from the lifthill and replacing it with ….nothing. I took my daughter on Little Mermaid yesterday. Theirs is more conflict on the omnimover ride in colorful clamshells than the ride with the 50 foot drop.
Another excellent point.

Over in the actual Fantasylands of the various parks (not “Frontierland” that has gigantic princess tiaras for some reason), the drama on those attractions come from:

- Running for your life from a witch that wants to put your heart in a box
- Being sent to Hell after being killed in a train crash after nearly destroying a city
- Being threatened with a life of imprisonment and child labor in the salt mines and devoured by a whale
- Kidnapping and sword fights to the death

In this ride the drama is…um…we may have to have Louis play solo at the party?

Tha Realest

For 2 years on these boards I’ve been saying they had the wrong priorities and this was going to turn out bad. I just never imagined it could be this bad.
Narratively the thing is a mess, which many of us expected. That said, many figured the story wouldn’t matter, as the improvement of the AAs would make up for the loss of narrative consistency or sheer volume of AAs, and that ultimately it’s a high-volume water attraction in a park that would continue to prove popular.

Even the most cynical of us underestimated how badly the technically operations would prove to be.

mickEblu

Another excellent point.

Over in the actual Fantasylands of the various parks (not “Frontierland” that has gigantic princess tiaras for some reason), the drama on those attractions come from:

- Running for your life from a witch that wants to put your heart in a box
- Being sent to Hell after being killed in a train crash after nearly destroying a city
- Being threatened with a life of imprisonment and child labor in the salt mines and devoured by a whale
- Kidnapping and sword fights to the death

In this ride the drama is…um…we may have to have Louis play solo at the party?

And then he doesn’t even play! Lol. You can’t make this stuff up. Louis should have had a nice solo at the end where the Mama Odie AA is with the beignets. Think the intro of the “When We’re Human” song. Since they didn’t play that or Friends on the Other side - my two favorite songs on the soundtrack. Or imagine how funny it would be if instead of another Mama Odie Lottie was “cat calling” male riders right before they get off the log? “No don’t go Hunny! I been waiting for you my whole life!”

Jedi14

Uh, OK.
🙂 Well yes. That’s the plot… It’s stated in the queue that everyone’s booked.

Incomudro

Yeah, I said that once before.
They are in the mecca of jazz, but have to take a trip through a swamp in order to find animals that play instruments?

Incomudro

And to think while they were creating this disaster they were spending time writing blogs about weathervanes and using a hot comb on AA Tiana’s hair to make it authentic. For 2 years on these boards I’ve been saying they had the wrong priorities and this was going to turn out bad. I just never imagined it could be this bad. Imagine if they would have used all that energy to just make a fun ride inspired by the actual source material?
They had "one job."
Couldn't even get it right.

Tha Realest

Yeah, I said that once before.
They are in the mecca of jazz, but have to take a trip through a swamp in order to find animals that play instruments?
If there's anyone with a passing knowledge of New Orleans knows, let alone anyone that's been there once or twice (let alone on multiple educational trips), it's that there's a dearth of serviceable street musicians within earshot of anywhere in New Orleans proper at any given moment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom