News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

easyrowrdw

Now that the dust has settled and we have had time to process this disaster, we should begin to put its place in the portfolio in perspective.

Considering the attraction's embarrassing, juvenile storyline, gaps of sad nothingness, cringeworthy dialogue, absence of any conflict, and lack of emotional engagement, is this Disney's worst E-Ticket attraction in the world?

What E-ticket ride in the global Disney portfolio, of this scale, is actually worse than this when we are not grading on a curve of pity?
Off the top of my head, I'd rank Tiana's ahead of Frozen, Ratatouille, Runaway Railway, and maybe Slinky. It's not a knock-out, but those rides feel way less inspired to me.

I consider the reliability problems separately from the ride. I think Rise is the greatest thing they've ever done, but only when it's actually working. Tiana's isn't anywhere near as good as Rise so when it doesn't work it's even more embarrassing for Disney.

MerlinTheGoat

It's funny how people were coming up with ideas to make the rest of Frontierland more like New Orleans Square to accommodate Tiana, and Disney decided to go with something even more unrelated with Cars.
What are you talking about? All they have to do is glue giant googly eyes to her delivery truck and give her yet another occupation as a racecar driver and it'll fit perfectly! 🤣

DarkMetroid567

To be fair - no.

Thrill Data shows the wait was usually 30 mins at the start, maybe leveling off to 25-20 mins as the night went on.

View attachment 809252
This is very surprising to me, but I guess I’m speaking for 2018-19. I used to work a ton of the Halloween party shifts at the Splash exit, and the line was *always* super dead. I think we were the least busy treats area too.

FettFan

This ad just popped up in my YouTube app…even Tiana is just *done* with how badly her ride turned out!

IMG_8733.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8733.jpeg
    IMG_8733.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 47

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom