News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Epcot81Fan

Now that the dust has settled and we have had time to process this disaster, we should begin to put its place in the portfolio in perspective.

Considering the attraction's embarrassing, juvenile storyline, gaps of sad nothingness, cringeworthy dialogue, absence of any conflict, and lack of emotional engagement, is this Disney's worst E-Ticket attraction in the world?

What E-ticket ride in the global Disney portfolio, of this scale, is actually worse than this when we are not grading on a curve of pity?

Last edited:

TDLFan

I get they didn't want to use the movie as a premise, fine, but if the theme was finding music for a party, there were so many wonderful singers/musicians to come out of New Orleans in that era. Even making this a mild edu-tainment attraction would have been a much better route. If they were opposed to having Tiana finding the real musicians, finding animals who were a play on the character such as Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, ect. would have been delightful. Really Showcase the rich musical history. The making of videos led me to believe this may have been the avenue they were headed due to all the talk of how significant this attraction was. I've done a lot of music work with children in inner city schools, so this attraction just rubs me the wrong way, aside from being some of Disney's poorest work, it could really have been something special and a testament to great African American artists AND Tiana. It did neither.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
1723427104889.png

That feeling when you realize you've mucked it up and now you have to pretend to be happy with it in front of hundreds of people.

Incomudro

Oh, I finally went on this. It was fine. It would be a cute little thing on its own. As a replacement for Splash it underwhelms. But it absolutely is better in person, especially since the nostalgic smell of Splash remains. It just doesn’t have the same impact, especially with the drops and the story.
It was fine, but it could have (should have) been amazing.

Bocabear

I think going the route of introducing real life Jazz performers from the early 20th century would have really really derailed the entire ride and made it about something other than the source material....
I think they wandered too far away from the movie already...."Finding music for a party" really feels like a "design By Committee" choice. It doesn't seem to celebrate the actual source material at all... Maybe I will like it better in person....

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I’ve ridden it 3 times in the past 2 days.

Most of the sophisticated AAs are not functioning properly. (No movement, not synced to voice etc). Set pieces are falling apart and the queue looks like it’s been running for 2 years and not 2 months.

The ride is boring and difficult to understand, even more so with all the storytelling elements broken.

Kirby86

To be fair, this is a substantial increase from Splash’s normal wait during Halloween parties.
I'd partly chock that up to the fact Tiana's is still new and the standby line isn't available during the normal day, it's just lighting lane and boarding groups. If I couldn't get a boarding group and was at the Halloween party I'd wait in line for Tiana's.

KDM31091

Now that the dust has settled and we have had time to process this disaster, we should begin to put its place in the portfolio in perspective.

Considering the attraction's embarrassing, juvenile storyline, gaps of sad nothingness, cringeworthy dialogue, absence of any conflict, and lack of emotional engagement, is this Disney's worst E-Ticket attraction in the world?

What E-ticket ride in the global Disney portfolio, of this scale, is actually worse than this when we are not grading on a curve of pity?
IMO yes it is pretty much the worst! It’s also insulting because they insisted they “knew they had to get it right” with this one, and here we are. Show quality is mediocre and ride is barely working, not making it through even one full day it seems.

This is why I have no confidence in the future additions. Will they be more phoned in, poor quality attractions?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom