News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Figments Friend

I think it'll be a pretty funny moment to have Mama Oddie chuckle as you fall off a waterfall, honestly fits her character. Loving, slightly sassy, slightly sinister.

Indisputably a different vibe, but not necessarily a bad one.

I have been saying for some time that there is going to be some kind of reference to ‘taking a leap of faith’….and then the final plunge.

Just a guess….but it ‘fits’.

😉

-

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
20240419_195157.jpg
20240419_195636.jpg

Gloria and Delores have been uncovered, finally!

The Mom

Premium Member
Kind of wish there were more lilies. Or just more variance in color, in general. But it does look nice at night.
I agree. I would like to see more vegetation to give it a swampier look. But not every part of the bayou looks the same. Some spots do have more water visible. And more vegetation (even if fake) might make it harder to keep the water clean?

1713623106044.jpeg

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I agree. I would like to see more vegetation to give it a swampier look. But not every part of the bayou looks the same. Some spots do have more water visible.

View attachment 780494

Certainly befitting of an actual swamp but I feel the attraction still lacks the charm of the animated "Princess and the Frog Bayou" for lack of a better explanation. That image specifically aligns with the visuals of the attraction quite accurately but it does bring up an interesting observation. Our eyes immediately focus on the passengers in the boat and specifically "purple shirt" because of that lack of color variance. It also happens to be an issue with the attraction. It's bland. An interesting takeaway from that image shows the swamp water to be a murky, near fluorescent green. I wonder if colorant added to the TBA swamp wouldn't also help. It'd certainly be a nice color contrast against the magenta lilies.

In general, I just think TBA could use more pops of color to break up the monochromatic foliage and to really drive home this as being "Tiana's Bayou" and not a generic swamp, especially during the day where we don't have the added benefit of nighttime mood lighting.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom