News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

In the Parks
No
It will likely graduate down, with the taller grasses (sitting on the right in that photo) going directly against the fence and the shorter grasses in the front.
And yet, this still doesn't really seem like it's enough. They're blocking it with grass? Couldn't there be something more substantial? What about from the drop side? This shouldn't even be a question!

Nothing visible on either side here:
1713716875391.png

JMcMahonEsq

I would guess TBA debuts as ILL/VQ and they move Tron to ILL/standby and 7DMT to G+/standby.

Tron has been open longer than ROTR and Rat were when they moved to standby. And 7DMT moving to G+ will help increase G+ sales, while also taking some pressure off JC and PPF, which currently sell out pretty quickly. Given that no other park has even 2 ILL attractions these days, it would be surprising to see MK go with 3.
I just can’t see them moving 7D off of ILL. It is just money maker that always sells out. It’s also a ride that whole families generally ride together so they sell them in bulk, whereas Tron filters out more younger kids which might be a barrier to some families buying it.

MerlinTheGoat

And yet, this still doesn't really seem like it's enough. They're blocking it with grass? Couldn't there be something more substantial? What about from the drop side? This shouldn't even be a question!

Nothing visible on either side here:
View attachment 780692
I don't think it's useful at all assuming what it'll end up looking like when they've literally not even begun work on installing greenery there at all.

I already shared this photo here but I don't think everyone saw it - they have already tested how it's going to look once the fence is covered.
I don't think that was a test for how it'll look. I think they were/are using that platform as utility/work/storage space. That greenery I believe ended up being installed in various other spots in the water around the curve interspersed between the water lilies. The platform was just a convenient centralized and easy to access place to keep it while they were installing it.

It is abundantly clear that they are still working on the flume area between the two lifts. New greenery has continually been installed in the area on a weekly basis. At the moment, they are using this platform as a multi-purpose workspace while filling out the rest of the area, which is still not done (lily pads for the waterlilies aren't installed yet for instance) They probably won't work on decorating this platform until after everything else in this area is complete.

I do not believe this rail will be visible when the ride opens. They'll either build up enough of the scenery to cover it, or perhaps the rail itself can even be lowered/recessed to some extent. That rail is literally at the very center of this attraction and is one of the main areas that guest eyes will be drawn towards when they look at the attraction from either the bridge or atop the big drop. Here is what this area is supposed to end up looking like according to the model-

1713718328501.png

1713721466864.png

^Note from the second image, the foliage has quite a bit of height and density to it and should be more than enough to cover the railing. Thus far, they have been very meticulous with copying the details from these models. It's apparent that they have not even begun to theme this platform/railing yet at all. So it's truly pointless and baseless to complain about that area until we see the finished product, let alone before they've even started working on it. If the ride opens to guests with this space improperly covered with still visible railing, then we'll have a problem and people can rightfully tear them apart. I very strongly doubt it will be and remain entirely unconcerned about this.

Last edited:

DisneyDodo

I just can’t see them moving 7D off of ILL. It is just money maker that always sells out. It’s also a ride that whole families generally ride together so they sell them in bulk, whereas Tron filters out more younger kids which might be a barrier to some families buying it.
I assumed that Tron ILL generates more profit than does 7DMT, but it’s possible I was wrong about that, in which case I can definitely see them keeping 7DMT ILL and moving Tron to G+.

My main point was that I am guessing they will go with 2 ILLs rather than 3 because I imagine Disney would not generate as much revenue from the 3rd ILL as they would from the increase in demand and capacity for G+ if it moves there.

UNCgolf

I assumed that Tron ILL generates more profit than does 7DMT, but it’s possible I was wrong about that, in which case I can definitely see them keeping 7DMT ILL and moving Tron to G+.

My main point was that I am guessing they will go with 2 ILLs rather than 3 because I imagine Disney would not generate as much revenue from the 3rd ILL as they would from the increase in demand and capacity for G+ if it moves there.

My guess is that 7DMT will have higher demand than TRON once the VQ is removed for a variety of reasons -- the two main being that 7DMT has a lower hourly capacity (I think, not 100% sure on this) and it has a larger rider base (i.e. there are more people who interested in riding 7DMT than TRON).

TRON is much newer, though, so it's possible they leave it on ILL and hope 7DMT moving to Genie+ increases Genie+ sales.

ToTBellHop

My guess is that 7DMT will have higher demand than TRON once the VQ is removed for a variety of reasons -- the two main being that 7DMT has a lower hourly capacity (I think, not 100% sure on this) and it has a larger rider base (i.e. there are more people who interested in riding 7DMT than TRON).

TRON is much newer, though, so it's possible they leave it on ILL and hope 7DMT moving to Genie+ increases Genie+ sales.
I don’t know that it would increase sales much, but satisfaction? Sure. If a family with little kids gets that, they’ll think Genie was worth it. They won’t care if all they get the rest of the day is Pooh and PhilharMagic.

It will also free up capacity for Peter Pan Lightning Lanes since that’s a similar crowd and has very low capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom