News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

MerlinTheGoat

Alas, that fence remains uncovered in a different sense. It’s weird that they wouldn’t conceal it all in one go if that’s what they’re really planning to do.
If you mean the green railing in front of the drop, I do not believe there is any chance whatsoever that the railing will remain uncovered. They probably are indeed keeping that area clear and easily accessible while working on lighting/sound programming.

Whatever I may think about this project and the facade, I am confident that they're not going to leave this as-is literally right in the front middle for everyone to see. That would not be acceptable, and EVERYONE would rightfully tear them apart for it. I'm sure they are fully aware of the consequences for pulling something like that.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
20240420_142712.jpg

I already shared this photo here but I don't think everyone saw it - they have already tested how it's going to look once the fence is covered.

As @Disney Analyst said, it's being kept accessible until all the work is done and the plants will be the final things to be reinstalled.

If you look at @DCBaker's photo from today, they have also added some form of new rectangular white things, so this work is why they haven't reinstalled the plants yet.

53665674567_ca7857103b_o.jpg

I'm hoping these white things are lights for the effect when logs drop, but they very well could be covers for the electrical. We will see soon enough.

JoeCamel

It’s Disney‘s specialty these days - Color changing LED’s!!! And everyone goes nuts over them, for reasons I cannot fathom. If they are static, great, I’m sure it will look nice in person. But the colors, to my eye, look awful in the pictures.
I liked the green it looked like a bayou in the moonlight, this looks like a grammer's oversaturated attempt to be creative

JMcMahonEsq

My guess this will be VQ/ILL-only for the foreseeable future.
So do you think they will run 2 virtual ques at MK with both Tron and Tianna, and/or 3 ILL? Tron is still pretty new to come off of either, and 7D continues to be an absolute money maker of an ILL so I can’t see them wanting to push it to just a standard LL.

DisneyDodo

So do you think they will run 2 virtual ques at MK with both Tron and Tianna, and/or 3 ILL? Tron is still pretty new to come off of either, and 7D continues to be an absolute money maker of an ILL so I can’t see them wanting to push it to just a standard LL.
I would guess TBA debuts as ILL/VQ and they move Tron to ILL/standby and 7DMT to G+/standby.

Tron has been open longer than ROTR and Rat were when they moved to standby. And 7DMT moving to G+ will help increase G+ sales, while also taking some pressure off JC and PPF, which currently sell out pretty quickly. Given that no other park has even 2 ILL attractions these days, it would be surprising to see MK go with 3.

donaldtoo

I mean no disrespect towards you, as I feel you've been a pretty reliable source of information and have remained pretty neutral throughout this thread. I'm not denying that there are people who refuse to acknowledge any flaws in this new design, but c'mon. You've seen the claims on here that are equally ridiculous - what about the people who were adamant there would only be 17 animatronics on the ride? That they would all have projection faces / eyes? That the railing in front of the drop is going to be left unthemed? That the "Tiana's Foods" backstory would be the primary focus of the story? Whether or not the ride will lack suspense is just a drop in the bucket. There are far many more claims just like these that flood this thread daily and the people who are looking forward to this ride have been mocked relentlessly since day one. To say that anybody is being "gaslit" is extremely unfair unless we're taking the egregious behavior of people from both sides into account for. Apologies if that's what you're insinuating here and I misunderstood, but it is just exhausting to see the victim complex that, not necessarily you, but others who desperately want this ride to fail have been creating for themselves.

From minute one of this announcement, I’ve always thought that Disney has been fully aware that if they screw this up, they’re gonna’ catch hell from all sides, on so many levels. Of course, we all know that, under the circumstances, even if they knock it out of the park, they’re still gonna’ catch hell from many.
It’s not like it was a new build from the ground up, either. It’s a re-theme. Getting it as right as possible is imperative, or there will, indeed, be hell to pay.

bmr1591

My guess this will be VQ/ILL-only for the foreseeable future.

Maybe for a few months. Once late October arrives and temperatures start to drop, they’ll have to take it off VQ. There simply won’t be demand. Heck, a week before closing, Splash was a walk on because of the temperatures.

Tron will come off. I don’t foresee any change to the current ILL structure between it and 7DMT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom