News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Bocabear

in an ideal world this attraction would have been given an additional year or two.
In an ideal world, the ride would not have been closed until the replacement was fully and completely developed, and also the construction would not take over a year...they built practically the entire park in a year... and yeah, blah blah blah, there were not people around, blah blah, but most of this work is completely out of the reach and eyes of people... so...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
In an ideal world, the ride would not have been closed until the replacement was fully and completely developed, and also the construction would not take over a year...they built practically the entire park in a year... and yeah, blah blah blah, there were not people around, blah blah, but most of this work is completely out of the reach and eyes of people... so...
Yeah I’m kinda surprised they wouldn’t push harder to have it open in May or June given it’s a water ride. I can’t imagine they couldn’t fast track it if they wanted to, but they apparently don’t want to.

TomboyJanet

I wonder if anyone working on this ride has actually ridden the original ride and enjoyed it. I'd hate to think it's all just a bunch of haters. I know Baxter is involved but to what extent?

Sir_Cliff

I wonder if anyone working on this ride has actually ridden the original ride and enjoyed it. I'd hate to think it's all just a bunch of haters. I know Baxter is involved but to what extent?
I'm kind of curious whether anyone disliked the original ride on its own merits. There are different views on the intelligibility of the storyline, exactly where it sits in the pantheon of Disney attractions, and I am among those who understands why it is changing. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say it was just a "meh" attraction, though!

James Alucobond

I’m not sure why you’d think they hadn’t ridden it and had fun. Obviously, teams working on overlays will be intimately familiar with the ride they’re modifying. We saw many instances of them doing ride-throughs prior to closing as they hammered out details, and they clearly found the ride generally enjoyable enough to keep the entire system and just overlay scenes.

TomboyJanet

I’m not sure why you’d think they hadn’t ridden it and had fun. Obviously, teams working on overlays will be intimately familiar with the ride they’re modifying. We saw many instances of them doing ride-throughs prior to closing as they hammered out details, and they clearly found the ride generally enjoyable enough to keep the entire system and just overlay scenes.
I don't think the ride system is what I'm afraid of them replacing, it's the feelings evoked by the ride. I don't want it to be like a happy sappy nursery story as I've said many times. It just makes the drops seem so out of place. That's why The Frozen ride to me is just meh because it has no plot it's just you doing ordinary things but more sparkly. But we live in a world where lights and flashy things are everywhere so it's not THAT farfetched of an experience. Other than that it's just a meet and greet on boats with computer faces. I need more

James Alucobond

“Feelings” are abstract. I suppose they might hit on them for you or they might not. Personally, I never felt there was anything particularly special or evocative about the original Splash narrative; it was more that it was impressive in terms of scope and detail.

TomboyJanet

“Feelings” are abstract. I suppose they might hit on them for you or they might not. Personally, I never felt there was anything particularly special or evocative about the original Splash narrative; it was more that it was impressive in terms of scope and detail.
I think it was the fear created before the drop. I appreciate the narrative of everything getting a bit more scary the closer you get to it and then celebration after it. From Tranquil to adventurous to comic mischief to real danger. It almost seems like a lesson on the dangers of over indulgence, they have fun in the laughing place but let their guard down. It's something I can relate to for reasons I wont get into. But it also helped me conquer my fears as a kid by turning them into an adventure so that I look back on it as this sort of kickbutt attraction that had that "cool scary" feel. It's hard to describe. It's like things that scare you as a kid become awesome as an adult, or even an older kid. It also kinda feels like someone took my old childhood neighborhood and put up a whole foods on top of where my house was...so that kinda stinks...

Kamikaze

So its your giant brain theory that no one in Imagineering that's working on TBA liked Splash Mountain? Do I have that right?

I don't think they should have replaced Splash, but saying that there are just 'haters' working on the replacement is one of the worst takes I've ever seen.

Brer Panther

I wouldn't be surprised if Anika Noni Rose or Michael Leon-Wooley enjoyed Splash Mountain and were upset to see it go but still looking forward to Tiana because they love the movie and characters (which I can understand). I recall Josh Gad said that he was sad when they closed Maelstrom but he was still looking forward to Frozen Ever After.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
From the site we don't say. More foliage has been added to the mountain
Splash-Flume-4.jpg
Splash-Flume-9.jpg
Splash-crane-8.jpg
Splash-crane-4.jpg
Splash-Flume-1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom