News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

TomboyJanet

I caught Brer Rabbit Sneaking out before the ride closed in Cali
sneaky brer rabbit.jpg

Pirate Brer.jpg

SEEMS LIKE HES TRYING OUT ANOTHER WATER ATTRACTION!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
nothing says salt mine like more green foliage
We know that backstory contains "salt mine."

We don't know how it figures into the actual ride. It's very possible, if not likely, that the outside is not an actual salt mine... which is usually underground... which usually has normal vegetation on top of it at ground level.

They won't be shooting salt rapids.

Brer Oswald

We know that backstory contains "salt mine."

We don't know how it figures into the actual ride. It's very possible, if not likely, that the outside is not an actual salt mine... which is usually underground... which usually has normal vegetation on top of it at ground level.

They won't be shooting salt rapids.
They’ve said the “mountain” is now a salt dome. I figure the Laughing Place section will become the salt mine considering it was themed to an underground mine shaft in WDW (not sure how this’ll work in Disneyland).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They’ve said the “mountain” is now a salt dome. I figure the Laughing Place section will become the salt mine considering it was themed to an underground mine shaft in WDW (not sure how this’ll work in Disneyland).
Right. But the point being made above is that the outside of the dome doesn't look like a salt dome because of the lush vegetation.

And my point is that the top ground layer of a salt dome doesn't have to look like salt pillars and can indeed be full of lush vegetation because the mine is underground.

1684863974472.png

Kirby86

I still wonder why they didn't use the same brown/earthy color they painted the left side of the mountain during its last refurb in 2022. Admittedly while it didn't fit Splash's look, it looked better than the orange/tan they seem to be going with.
They're probably thinking this color scheme will hold up better in the Florida sun.

Roger_the_pianist

I will admit, I was on a comparable to Splash log flume at Dollywood in Tennessee with my 7 yo niece, and she was terrified, but fine after the drop.

I think there will be enough interaction with Tiana's world around the attraction, probably a meet and greet, and the paired restaurants to make it possible for little princesses to not even have to board the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom