News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Epcot82Guy

"A 1980's machining disaster created a stream of water through the salt mine in 1920's Louisiana while Tiana pushes employee-owned Black enterprise with her food conglomerate (formed just a few years after beginning any culinary expertise), within the park's land dedicated to western expansion in the mid 1800's - sponsored by Tobasco (just ignore their history)"

That sounds about right...

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Can't wait to see how stupid this will look.
It's unlikely given the artwork but I hope they reconsider the tiara topper. It'd be better without it, IMO. If anything they should have given the Splash shack a dormer and weather vane with some decorative "princessified farm co-op" theming instead. I could be wrong, but I think there might be some internal in-fighting on how best to handle the treatment of the tiara. While I don't think they'll outright remove it, based on the provided concept art and models it kind of seems like WDI isn't sure what the Tiara should even look like. Remove it!

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

Attachments

• IMG_1788.jpeg
    IMG_1788.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 46

Bocabear

The water tower and Co-op storyline are just ridiculously stupid ideas that seem to be thrown together by a "Design By Committee" team with no leadership...How long before we have Ariel's Fish Sticks factory replacing her ride? And really, wouldn't Cinderella want to brand her cleaning products she used to keep the Tremaine family home spotless?

Bocabear

“but everything we do must have a storyline behind it…why don’t you go make something up and send it to me by the end of the day. Thanks. Now where’s my coffee”
Well.....now that the Pirates are no longer chasing women, and alcohol is bad, they should endeavor to find a new career...perhaps an alcohol-free cocktail and juice bar... Or as shown in the central scene of the attraction, an antiques auction company...I think we are going to need a water tower here.....
Wicked Wench Antiques Co & Juice Bar... Wow! designing theme park attractions is easy!

James Alucobond

The water tower and Co-op storyline are just ridiculously stupid ideas that seem to be thrown together by a "Design By Committee" team with no leadership...How long before we have Ariel's Fish Sticks factory replacing her ride? And really, wouldn't Cinderella want to brand her cleaning products she used to keep the Tremaine family home spotless?
I agree that it’s contrived and silly, but your comparisons aren’t terribly relevant. Tiana was in fact a restaurateur at the end of her film, whereas the others had no similar ambitions or professions to extend out in such a way.

Bocabear

Small World Shipping and Freight Company Sponsored by Fed-Ex... Join the children of the world as they pack and ship the world's goods from location to location... and no location is too exotic for rapid delivery! Visit the World Market at the exit!

Vegas Disney Fan

I’ve found if I ignore the convoluted backstory I stay pretty excited for this ride, if I think too much about the backstory I dread what they are doing though.

It’s pretty sad they came up with a story so ridiculously bad it creates dread rather than excitement for what will likely end up being a great ride. It would be hard to mess up a flume with a big drop but the backstory still has me a bit worried they’re building a social message rather than a ride.

James Alucobond

A restaurateur is not necessarily a food manufacturing company president... I know several restaurateurs and none of them happen to own a food co-op or are commercially producing goods for the marketplace...
Right, just saying “20th century restaurateur becomes involved in food production” is not quite as ridiculous as “18th century French princess decides to sell Windex.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom