News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

celluloid

Read again and closely if you're gonna get this heated - I was the one who introduced the word "intuitive",

Their point was not about intuitiveness, mine was - as someone who was willing to concede that waterfalls are less likely on Salt Domes than on mountains and hills (until a few minutes ago when I learned better) it seemed like a decent middle ground to start on. But now that you're trying to throw it in my face and it turns out not even to be geographically true, I'm not putting up with it.

Tiana's Bayou Adventure is just as make-believe as Splash Mountain was. Silly is a nice word for what you're being.
I know you did introduce the word. I stated so. You are still somehow very proud of it yet angry about what it means.

Also. Great to insult me, but to also let me know you could use worse words?

In principle yes, again is where you should have stopped. The rest has been a rage.

yensidtlaw1969

To quote Mark Twain in The American Adventure, "Easy now." In Splash Mountain, the drop down the waterfall was a stand-in for Brer Fox throwing us into the Briar Patch. Absent them actually flinging us through the air, a waterfall is the most appropriate way to represent this. So in TBA, they're either having the drop stand in for something else, or it will literally be a waterfall we're going down.

Whether there are waterfalls in salt mines or not, will they have a good reason for going down? Given what we know of the story so far, I tend to doubt it. I'll be happy to be proven wrong.
Which is precisely why it's silly to suggest the waterfall seems out of place - we have no idea yet how they're planning to contextualize it.

It's not like most people walked up to Splash Mountain and, before riding, had any idea that the waterfall represented Brer Fox throwing people into the Briar Patch. Half the job of the ride is to tell that story to us. We haven't ridden yet, and Disney hasn't told us elsewhere, so we just can't know that it won't work.

yensidtlaw1969

I know you did introduce the word. I stated so. You are still somehow very proud of it yet angry about what it means.

Also. Great to insult me, but to also let me know you could use worse words?

In principle yes, again is where you should have stopped. The rest has been a rage.
Lots of projection here. If you can't understand the very clear points I'm making that's fine. Just as fine if you simply refuse to.

Have the night you deserve!

FettFan

There are waterfalls in bayou areas. Bayous exist around main waterways (like uhhhhhh the Mississippi River)

I don't seem to remember a waterfall coming out of Brer Fox's stump in Song of the South, or the briar patch being in water. So I think it makes more sense around the salt mine and bayou than the original Splash Mountain.

Total side note: I was at Dollywood in Tennessee with my niece this weekend. The log flume there is Daredevil Falls (I believe it rivals Splash in height and steepness) ...the ride literally goes up an actual mountain to plunge back down. I was thinking to myself how Disney has to build any mountain they want, Dollywood just literally has rides built on to actual mountains (Dollywood is basically a giant Frontierland/Critter Country with other Victorian and 1880's elements)

1. In New Orleans, that would be m called a “levee breach”.
You don’t get any actual “waterfalls” until you go north to Tunica Hills, near the border with Mississippi.
And that’s not a bayou…mostly piney woods.

2. How the water got to Brer Fox’s lair was spelled out, if one bothered to actually read the “Rabbit Tales” newspaper signs in the queue.

Chick-a-Pin Hill is a wooded hill which served as home to many critters. The peak of the hill was marked by a dead-tree, which was home to the conniving Br'er Fox.

At some point, a raccoon named Rackety used the woods near Chickapin Hill for his moonshining, only for this to cause an explosion; with it being speculated that he used too many blueberries. The explosion destroyed the recently constructed dam of the Beaver Brothers, resulting in a flood which drenched Chickapin Hill and transformed it into what locals renamed as, "Splash Mountain".
[2]

Last edited:

Roger_the_pianist

Then perhaps the queue of Tiana's will create a story that is no less contrived than this one.

Splash was honestly born out of Eisner wanting a thrilling flume, Baxter wanting to not trash America Sings. "Splash" thrown in to market the mermaid movie "Splash"...imagine how weird if the mermaid would have shown up like Eisner wanted...

And Chickapin Hill is not a mountain, but mountain came into play because of the Disney park mountain range. Most fans know it was originally called "Zip-a-Dee River Run"...

So yes, making a mountain out of a salt mine

SteveAZee

1. In New Orleans, that would be m called a “levee breach”.
You don’t get any actual “waterfalls” until you go north to Tunica Hills, near the border with Mississippi.
And that’s not a bayou…mostly piney woods.

2. How the water got to Brer Fox’s lair was spelled out, if one bothered to actually read the “Rabbit Tales” newspaper signs in the queue.

Chick-a-Pin Hill is a wooded hill which served as home to many critters. The peak of the hill was marked by a dead-tree, which was home to the conniving Br'er Fox.

At some point, a raccoon named Rackety used the woods near Chickapin Hill for his moonshining, only for this to cause an explosion; with it being speculated that he used too many blueberries. The explosion destroyed the recently constructed dam of the Beaver Brothers, resulting in a flood which drenched Chickapin Hill and transformed it into what locals renamed as, "Splash Mountain".
[2]
I have to admit that even after three decades of riding Splash, this is the first time I've heard this backstory. Thanks for sharing.

Bocabear

I kept hoping this feature would have been cut...wouldn't it have been more beautiful and evocative of the location for it to instead be giant cypress trees...giving it a Louisiana Bayou feel instead of an industrial water tank? The whole storyline and styling seems so strange to me...At least we didn't get Tiana's Walk through Bayou Water Cycle attraction in EPCOT....

Bocabear

So we are still a year away from opening and the foliage is going out now? Seems like they would want to wait with the soft goods until the exterior is completed...unless they are just testing the color fastness and fade durability...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom