News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
From the site we don't say - Repainting of the rock has begun. It looks like a different shade of brown/orange than the other side of the mountain.
Splash-construction-april-28-13.jpg
WDW-MK-Tianas-Bayou-Adventure-Splash-Mountain-repainting-1.jpg
Splash-construction-april-28-18.jpg
WDW-MK-Tianas-Bayou-Adventure-Splash-Mountain-repainting-2.jpg

JoeCamel

From the site we don't say - Repainting of the rock has begun. It looks like a different shade of brown/orange than the other side of the mountain.
View attachment 713467View attachment 713468View attachment 713469View attachment 713470

Not sure how I feel about that color. It looks like a giant ant hill.

It's rather similar to the color of Big Thunder, isn't it?
I like to call it "pink salt"

SplashJacket

Painting the mountain that color isn't going to make it look "New Orleans-y".
Perhaps the color is due to weather that’ll be on it 24/7 and will change or alter slightly?
Removing the red dirt of Splash Mountain (aka Georgia Red Clay) for a soil color more suitable to New Orleans and Louisiana will make it more "New Orleans-y" and is part of the theming of Splash Mountain, and once changed will contribute to TBA's theming.

Georgia soil pictured below:
1682825011414.png

Louisana soil pictured below:
1682824978248.png

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Removing the red dirt of Splash Mountain (aka Georgia Red Clay) for a soil color more suitable to New Orleans and Louisiana will make it more "New Orleans-y" and is part of the theming of Splash Mountain, and once changed will contribute to TBA's theming.

Georgia soil pictured below:
View attachment 713525

Louisana soil pictured below:
View attachment 713524
As someone who took Geology in college this post makes me smile. 😂

lightningtap347

Multiple times today during my visit I heard excited children asking their parents to ride Splash Mountain.

It was funny, sad, and little wild how often it occurred, all throughout the park. My fiance even heard someone ask in French!

When we finally walked over to that side of the park, we heard a parent tell their kids that a Moana ride was going there. Close!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom