News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Roger_the_pianist

Honestly, the co-op story is logical and also probably an easy overlay for the queue. I mean, there's a barn at the entrance. The queue will probably have farming elements.

Maybe it can be accepted that Tina's restaurant is the film element represented, Splash is the new story.

Everyone seems to lament "book report" rides until they realize they're getting something different.

Splash was...a book report ride, with extra material between using the America Sings leftovers. It was thrifty because Marc Davis worked on SotS and America Sings so the art style matched.

The craziest part is how Splash was pretty much a ripoff of the Six Flags Georgia Brer Rabbit boat ride that had already existed in all of its kitschy glory 😅

Look up "Tales of the Okephenokee" if you've somehow missed references to it in this discussion and you'll see it's a fever dream predecessor to Splash 🤪

neo999955

In the Parks
No
What is charming about creating a whole new layer to the original story where she now has expanded the restaurant and has a food manufacturing co-op... there is nothing charming about that. Charming would be to present the characters in the settings and professions we know them in... Seeing them happily living their dream...Do we need Ariel's attraction to be about her opening a music school? Does Snow White need an attraction where she now operates a professional cleaning company, and provides apple pies for Tiana's food co-op? It is all such a stretch that it feels the opposite of charming... Having her dream of her own restaurant is not enough...she needs to do more work....It feels forced... A dream is a wish...until you have it, then you need to find more ways to make money.... yuck...boo.
The idea of her running a co-op and needing the help of musical animals is indeed charming to me. I get that some people find it convoluted and that's fine. But the idea itself isn't some wild stretch.

I get the wish to have the ride cover the movie, but I think the reasons not to do that are correct (having her a frog for most of the ride should be a non-starter). The need to tear this choice down and conclude that it ruins the ride seems like a replacement for other issues people have (and have also made clear).

Besides, it's unlikely to play a major role in the ride itself.

Bocabear

I don't necessarily think the ride needs to cover the movie...like a book report, but what part of the character would make anyone think she wanted to run a food manufacturing company? Cant it just be a fun romp about her living her restaurant dream instead of pushing her into a co-op and manufacturing company? It is not necessarily the next logical step... that she finally gets to open her restaurant and live out her dreams should be enough... Searching for ingredients in the bayou? ok I will accept that as making sense with the established characters, but now running a food manufacturing company and co-op is just a bridge too far... for me anyway... and makes assumptions that owning and running a restaurant is just not enough...that you have to become Kraft or Nestle before you can be a success... Dump the water tower and let her just enjoy her life doing the work she loves...lol

James Alucobond

I don't necessarily think the ride needs to cover the movie...like a book report, but what part of the character would make anyone think she wanted to run a food manufacturing company? Cant it just be a fun romp about her living her restaurant dream instead of pushing her into a co-op and manufacturing company? It is not necessarily the next logical step... that she finally gets to open her restaurant and live out her dreams should be enough... Searching for ingredients in the bayou? ok I will accept that as making sense with the established characters, but now running a food manufacturing company and co-op is just a bridge too far... for me anyway... and makes assumptions that owning and running a restaurant is just not enough...that you have to become Kraft or Nestle before you can be a success... Dump the water tower and let her just enjoy her life doing the work she loves...lol
I hope the TV series is set afterward when she becomes a girlboss who holds her friends psychologically hostage with a multi-level marketing scheme.

Bocabear

She would also be using the musical animals to find ingredients and entertain guests at the restaurant for no pay...Which could add a great HR scene to the ride, and a "Strike" finale!

Roger_the_pianist

How recently have any of you watched Princess and the Frog?

Remember her choice spot of real estate for her restaurant was in a blighted area, I'm thinking it was an abandoned flour mill? The area around there was industrial wasteland (the smokestacks become the riverboat facade)

Tiana's story has always been about improving her community. The co-op doesn't seem so far fetched, it's a logical next step when you consider how hard she worked to make her community better, not just achieve a princess dream.

In the Parks
No
How recently have any of you watched Princess and the Frog?

Remember her choice spot of real estate for her restaurant was in a blighted area, I'm thinking it was an abandoned flour mill? The area around there was industrial wasteland (the smokestacks become the riverboat facade)

Tiana's story has always been about improving her community. The co-op doesn't seem so far fetched, it's a logical next step when you consider how hard she worked to make her community better, not just achieve a princess dream.
I don't know, it just seems so boring. If they were building a PatF ride from scratch, I doubt this is what they would have come up with. Where are the stakes? Why should I care about this?

Epcot82Guy

I don't know, it just seems so boring. If they were building a PatF ride from scratch, I doubt this is what they would have come up with. Where are the stakes? Why should I care about this?

Because after enough guests pass through, she can IPO the company on the 45 P:E ratio - and they can all retire to very nice McMansions in Windermere using the proceeds.

Brer Oswald

Honestly, the co-op story is logical and also probably an easy overlay for the queue. I mean, there's a barn at the entrance. The queue will probably have farming elements.

Maybe it can be accepted that Tina's restaurant is the film element represented, Splash is the new story.

Everyone seems to lament "book report" rides until they realize they're getting something different.

Splash was...a book report ride, with extra material between using the America Sings leftovers. It was thrifty because Marc Davis worked on SotS and America Sings so the art style matched.

The craziest part is how Splash was pretty much a ripoff of the Six Flags Georgia Brer Rabbit boat ride that had already existed in all of its kitschy glory 😅

Look up "Tales of the Okephenokee" if you've somehow missed references to it in this discussion and you'll see it's a fever dream predecessor to Splash 🤪
You’re really praising the ride that both took heavy inspiration from SotS and overtly glorified “the plantation” (something that Splash never touched with a 10 foot pole)?

Brer Panther

What is charming about creating a whole new layer to the original story where she now has expanded the restaurant and has a food manufacturing co-op... there is nothing charming about that. Charming would be to present the characters in the settings and professions we know them in... Seeing them happily living their dream...Do we need Ariel's attraction to be about her opening a music school? Does Snow White need an attraction where she now operates a professional cleaning company, and provides apple pies for Tiana's food co-op? It is all such a stretch that it feels the opposite of charming... Having her dream of her own restaurant is not enough...she needs to do more work....It feels forced... A dream is a wish...until you have it, then you need to find more ways to make money.... yuck...boo.
Yeah, it feels to me like they're just doing this to make Tiana a "stronger" role model or whatever. Just so they can go "Look at how progressive we are!"
I'll be real. The idea for this new ride is almost as bad as the idea to close the one that came before it. Just my take.
You mean the "Louis chasing his trumpet" storyline? Yeah, I agree.

Vegas Disney Fan

This is how I feel also, had they just gone with throwing a party to celebrate her success, and searching for a missing ingredient, it works.

The word salad employee owned co-op backstory doesn’t add anything, it just leaves me worried their focus was on making a social statement rather than on giving us a good ride.

Hopefully they’ll surprise me and it’ll add to the story, or more likely it just won’t be a factor in the ride, but it feels forced.

MagicHappens1971

General post here. I know we can see the exterior progress for this, but let's not forget that this probably has another 15-18 months to go. Things like rock sculpting and ultimately painting are things that should be assessed far closer to completion.
We know that TBA is expecting a late 2024 opening, this probably has at least 17-18 months left.

Roger_the_pianist

You’re really praising the ride that both took heavy inspiration from SotS and overtly glorified “the plantation” (something that Splash never touched with a 10 foot pole)?

Not praising it, pointing out that it heavily inspired Splash. Tony Baxter admitted this and it's obvious if you look at what that ride was back in the day.

Roger_the_pianist

Well, they weren't starting from scratch. They're reimagining an attraction they wanted to change for some time. If they started from scratch, it would probably be something like a fantasyland dark ride.

Still thinking (and others have said to) that the co-op story seems to be focused on the queue probably for the simple fact that it starts with a barn. This will likely be a phenomenal queue because Disney really focuses on those even more now (because paying people spend a lot of time standing in them)

FettFan

I saw the Defunctland episode on that one. Apparently it was partly designed by Sid and Marty Kroft.

Basically a trippy mashup of Brer Rabbit, HR Pufnstuf and Chuck E. Cheese.

FettFan

Not sure how I feel about that color. It looks like a giant ant hill.

1. That’s actually true to life though. We don’t need guard dogs; we have fire ants.

2. bad they didn’t just make it a giant crawfish chimney.

crayfish-chimney-gary-retherford.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom