News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

I find it really funny that the Australian site for Disneyland straight up namedrops the film these incarnations of the characters originate from:

Probably one of the rare mentions of SotS in these times.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Additional photo of the outdoor queue area.

IMG_3586.jpeg

Kirby86

I find it really funny that the Australian site for Disneyland straight up namedrops the film these incarnations of the characters originate from:

Probably one of the rare mentions of SotS in these times.
The American Parks used to mention SotS before the announcement of the retheme in the park maps. Heck till the day WDW version closed SotS was mentioned if you clicked on the pictures on the website.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Here are some screenshots of the website from the day before it closed

Attachments

• splashspray.png
    splashspray.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 83
  • splashreact.png
    splashreact.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
  • splashdrop.png
    splashdrop.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 69
  • splashbrerrabbit.png
    splashbrerrabbit.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 85
  • splashbrerbear.png
    splashbrerbear.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 73
  • splashcroc.png
    splashcroc.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 78
  • splashbird.png
    splashbird.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 79
  • splashboat.png
    splashboat.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 75
  • splashfacade.png
    splashfacade.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 72
  • splashatnight.png
    splashatnight.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 77

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
The American Parks used to mention SotS before the announcement of the retheme in the park maps. Heck till the day WDW version closed SotS was mentioned if you clicked on the pictures on the website.
Nope, just look at the screenshots see below

Last edited:

Kirby86

When looking at the photos of the Tree-less Mountain, the water tower isn't gonna make it look any shorter. Splash has a very commanding design to draw your eye to where the drop is, and even without the tree we can still see that.
Also that's where the logs drop no matter how much set dressing is placed in areas to draw the eyes away from the top of the mountain. Humans have a tendency to focus on movement so the eyes will still be drawn to that area stump or no stump.

GimpYancIent

Removing the red dirt of Splash Mountain (aka Georgia Red Clay) for a soil color more suitable to New Orleans and Louisiana will make it more "New Orleans-y" and is part of the theming of Splash Mountain, and once changed will contribute to TBA's theming.

Georgia soil pictured below:
View attachment 713525

Louisana soil pictured below:
View attachment 713524
Really? The color of dirt? It's supposed to be something jutting out of a swamp! Bring on the greenery, mold, moss and water.

Fox&Hound

Is it weird that I am more scared of them messing up the queue than the ride? I loooooove this ride, but I absolutely adore the queue: the winding paths around the trees and the general ambience back there complete with music. I really hope they maintain the level of immersion or (hahaha) exceed it somehow.

neo999955

In the Parks
No
Is it weird that I am more scared of them messing up the queue than the ride? I loooooove this ride, but I absolutely adore the queue: the winding paths around the trees and the general ambience back there complete with music. I really hope they maintain the level of immersion or (hahaha) exceed it somehow.
It's funny because I find this queue to really show its age. It's a lot of winding without a lot to look at compared to modern ride queues. I don't think they really have the space to do much, so I assume it'll remain largely intact - but I wouldn't mind some additions to distract on the hot summer days when you're standing in the backyard part for 40 minutes.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

But does a dusty courtyard with scrubby trees feel like the Louisiana Bayou? I would say not. It would be nice if the queue included some water elements and some things related to the bayou and New Orleans... I hope it does not remain exactly the same.
The barn structure is likely to remain, probably retrofitted with the new dumb backstory they cooked up.
It's funny because I find this queue to really show its age. It's a lot of winding without a lot to look at compared to modern ride queues. I don't think they really have the space to do much, so I assume it'll remain largely intact - but I wouldn't mind some additions to distract on the hot summer days when you're standing in the backyard part for 40 minutes.
They're 100% gonna shoehorn in interactive elements like the Haunted Mansion or Winnie the Pooh queue. Can't have the 3 year olds be bored.

Bocabear

The structures back there in the queue are "country" enough to fit any location, but the dusty oak trees and pine split rail fence don't feel quite like the bayou...though I am sure an argument could be made for keeping it exactly the same...if we are going all in with Tiana and her stupid water tower, the back of house queue should continue to tell the story of her food co-op... the most ridiculous convoluted storyline ever created for a Disney attraction...imagining the exciting interactive displays that would drive that storyline... Perhaps guests could take inventory for Tiana... or pack "foods" into crates for shipment... Maybe take turns manning the HR department...

neo999955

In the Parks
No
The structures back there in the queue are "country" enough to fit any location, but the dusty oak trees and pine split rail fence don't feel quite like the bayou...though I am sure an argument could be made for keeping it exactly the same...if we are going all in with Tiana and her stupid water tower, the back of house queue should continue to tell the story of her food co-op... the most ridiculous convoluted storyline ever created for a Disney attraction...imagining the exciting interactive displays that would drive that storyline... Perhaps guests could take inventory for Tiana... or pack "foods" into crates for shipment... Maybe take turns manning the HR department...
I personally have no issue with the food co-op backstory - it's charming and inoffensive enough. I do think they will explore this backstory in the queue, but in a very passive way, filling the gap between the movie and the ride. That makes a lot of sense to me. I assume they'll change up some of the fencing and other bits to match the aesthetic of the co-op/salt mine backdrop.

Adventureland Veranda

Important question for the backstory, is the immersive water tower employee owned?

Bocabear

I personally have no issue with the food co-op backstory - it's charming and inoffensive enough. I do think they will explore this backstory in the queue, but in a very passive way, filling the gap between the movie and the ride. That makes a lot of sense to me. I assume they'll change up some of the fencing and other bits to match the aesthetic of the co-op/salt mine backdrop.
What is charming about creating a whole new layer to the original story where she now has expanded the restaurant and has a food manufacturing co-op... there is nothing charming about that. Charming would be to present the characters in the settings and professions we know them in... Seeing them happily living their dream...Do we need Ariel's attraction to be about her opening a music school? Does Snow White need an attraction where she now operates a professional cleaning company, and provides apple pies for Tiana's food co-op? It is all such a stretch that it feels the opposite of charming... Having her dream of her own restaurant is not enough...she needs to do more work....It feels forced... A dream is a wish...until you have it, then you need to find more ways to make money.... yuck...boo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom