News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

MerlinTheGoat

Why do you want more of a problematic character from a very problematic film?
Why do you feel the need to poo poo everyone who doesn't share your opinions and imply there's something morally wrong with them?

I don't like Pocahontas and think it's one of Disney's more problematic movies, but I don't hold it against anyone else for liking it or question their reasons over it. It's not without its good moments. Still has quality animation and great music.

FettFan

Step 1: Reduce Pocahontas' roll in Fantasmic!

Step 2: Get ready for the next step.

MV5BNGE1OGY5NmEtNmMwZi00N2VjLThiYWItMTA3NDU3ZjFmM2FmXkEyXkFqcGdeQVRoaXJkUGFydHlJbmdlc3Rpb25Xb3JrZmxvdw@@._V1_.jpg

Drdcm

Without wading into the quagmire of problems… I like the art and animation style of Pocahontas. I also think they do a good job with the music matching the general style and themes of the movie.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
We have a permit for California to do the retheme:
Description: Dlr - Splash Mountain - Bld 4301 - Non-Residential Addition:492 Sq. Ft. For New Electrical Room. Install Platforms, Steel Framing And Structural Supports For Show Elements. Modify Existing Stairs. Construct 155 Sq. Ft. Trellis And (22) Light Poles.

Valuation: $42,000,000.00

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We have a permit for California to do the retheme:
Description: Dlr - Splash Mountain - Bld 4301 - Non-Residential Addition:492 Sq. Ft. For New Electrical Room. Install Platforms, Steel Framing And Structural Supports For Show Elements. Modify Existing Stairs. Construct 155 Sq. Ft. Trellis And (22) Light Poles.

Valuation: $42,000,000.00
Until I hold that permit in my hands, I won't believe permission to retheme has been granted.

Magenta Panther

Why do you feel the need to poo poo everyone who doesn't share your opinions and imply there's something morally wrong with them?

I don't like Pocahontas and think it's one of Disney's more problematic movies, but I don't hold it against anyone else for liking it or question their reasons over it. It's not without its good moments. Still has quality animation and great music.

I think that Pocahontas and Princess and the Frog have this much in common: One really good musical number (Colors of the Wind, Almost There) and then the rest is meh as heck. Neither deserve a dark ride IMO. Maybe a bathroom. But nothing more! ;)

MerlinTheGoat

I think that Pocahontas and Princess and the Frog have this much in common: One really good musical number (Colors of the Wind, Almost There) and then the rest is meh as heck. Neither deserve a dark ride IMO. Maybe a bathroom. But nothing more! ;)
PATF is very good. Pocahontas isn't. Both have qualities that could make a really good ride (just not at the expense of Splash Mountain).

A movie doesn't even have to be good to make it a good candidate for a ride. And on the inverse, not every good movie should have a ride. Interesting settings are what is so important.

Ratatouille is a fantastic movie but a pretty crappy ride. A restaurant kitchen and the dirty inside of walls are an innately uninteresting setting to travel through for a ride. Avatar is an aggressively bland and boring movie, but the setting made for a quality theme park experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom