News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Disstevefan1

Must you make this political?
Sorry, I did not mean to trigger folks, I did not know that was a political word - Fixed for folks sensibilities -
RIPBears3.jpg

I'm all for more attractions, and I would even be happy with a new mini-land beyond Big Thunder.
I think Villains Land wouldn't live up to its potential in the rumours allotted space. But hey, it could work.
But no Frontierland? That's about 4 bridges too far

FettFan

The Country Bears could be re-done into The Cajun Bears with just a few tweaks and some new jazz themed music. It would still work.
They could make Louis, the gator, the new host and just re-use a lot of the animatronics but with new story and music.

tell me you don’t know any actual Cajuns without telling me you don’t know any actual Cajuns.

Hint: they’re not in New Orleans.
Specifically because when the Cajuns migrated to Louisiana from Canada (modern Nova Scotia), New Orleans was Spanish territory.

The Cajuns settled far west of the Mississippi in the Bayou Teche and Atchafalaya, by Morgan City and Lafayette.
That’s the hearth of Cajun culture, predominantly French but also blended with Native American.

New Orleans is *Creole* culture…blending French, Spanish, Native American and Afro-Caribbean.

GrumpyFan

tell me you don’t know any actual Cajuns without telling me you don’t know any actual Cajuns.

Hint: they’re not in New Orleans.
Specifically because when the Cajuns migrated to Louisiana from Canada (modern Nova Scotia), New Orleans was Spanish territory.

The Cajuns settled far west of the Mississippi in the Bayou Teche and Atchafalaya, by Morgan City and Lafayette.
That’s the hearth of Cajun culture, predominantly French but also blended with Native American.

New Orleans is *Creole* culture…blending French, Spanish, Native American and Afro-Caribbean.
Sooo, The Creole Bear Jamboree?
Or, Louis's Festival of Music ?

FettFan

While I'm bracing myself for it, any changes to the Country Bear Jamboree will leave me personally devastated.

Do red by make sense to me though…CBJ was PACKED when I was there in February. (Went twice…Presidents Day Monday and that Friday)

Now if the theater only was at half capacity at least one of those days, I could understand a change.

LittleBuford

Do red by make sense to me though…CBJ was PACKED when I was there in February. (Went twice…Presidents Day Monday and that Friday)

Now if the theater only was at half capacity at least one of those days, I could understand a change.
I've sat through the show many times, and the theatre has usually been close to empty. I don't doubt it fills up on really busy days, but that's true of most attractions.

Brer Panther

Am I the only one who finds it amusing that the character they're hyping up being in the attraction is one of the film's two most problematic and stereotypical characters (the other being Dr. Facilier)?
I don't think the sense of dread will be completely missed. Anticipate the laughing place to deliver on that with cool projected fog and light effects, setting the mood for a dark and spooky section before encountering Mama Odie.
I sincerely doubt it. What could they even do for a conflict if they don't have the voodoo spirits show up? All I can think of is that those gators Tiana and Naveen encountered the night before they met Louis could pop up for one scene, but I doubt they'll go that route.
They are using bears in the ride too. Two pieces of art (one from Disney and another by a partner artist) have had a bear character visible. Brown too, not black.
Black bears can be brown, though, can't they?

GimpYancIent

Am I the only one who finds it amusing that the character they're hyping up being in the attraction is one of the film's two most problematic and stereotypical characters (the other being Dr. Facilier)?

I sincerely doubt it. What could they even do for a conflict if they don't have the voodoo spirits show up? All I can think of is that those gators Tiana and Naveen encountered the night before they met Louis could pop up for one scene, but I doubt they'll go that route.

Black bears can be brown, though, can't they?
Yes, the Black Bear can actually come in various shades of brown. In the case of Disney, it can be any of an assortment of Bear species. I want to see if a wildlife surprise is thrown in as background, such as an albino alligator. Yes, they are real and on display in New Orleans Audubon Park. As for Dr. Facilier at minimum he needs to make an appearance during Halloween.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom