News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

bmr1591

Black bears are native to Louisiana, so I don’t think they’ll have an issue keeping the country bears, though they may add Louis in there too.

Kirby86

The rumor says it would go into a "Southwestern" or "Desert Land" with Coco and Encanto.

Here's the video -

Let's go into the assumption that this is 100 percent happening. I can buy rethemeing Frontierland so Tiana isn't out of place. The desert theme doesn't work with Encanto that movie very much takes place in a mountain range with plenty of greenery. I'm guessing giving the IP their useing, they want a land that has references to South America, Mexico, and the American South West.

Disstevefan1

Does anyone know if this holds any water? Beyond Pecos Bill?

One side of my brain says this won't be done BECAUSE MONEY.

The other side of my brain says if it can be done on the cheap, maybe.

As for Pecos Bill, it stopped being a favorite for me when they changed the menu and got rid of the taco bowl :cry:

As for Bears, IF they keep the bears and change the acts, that would be OK with me, I guess. If they got rid of the Bears, that would be BAD.

As for Thunder, I guess they could change it to a Salt mine ;)

I hope BECAUSE MONEY they don't do anything.

SplashJacket

Some things started with a mouse

This (New Orleans idea) started with cramming a Tiana attraction where it didn’t fit therefore having to spend more money (that could be spent elsewhere) to

Remember how many thought the $17b was gonna be spent all on “new” attractions. Ah those were the good ol days
You'd have one retheme (TBA) and several (4?) new attractions. A New Orleans Square retheme would be comparatively very minor.
1681491214148.png

esskay

Access to villains land in that image seems like it would be near impossible, there's very little room to play with around the haunted mansion entrance. Even if you went out onto the water you still need plenty of room for the liberty bell to get through, unless the plan would be to ditch that in the process but at that point you may as well get rid of the river and island too.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Access to villains land in that image seems like it would be near impossible, there's very little room to play with around the haunted mansion entrance. Even if you went out onto the water you still need plenty of room for the liberty bell to get through, unless the plan would be to ditch that in the process but at that point you may as well get rid of the river and island too.
I don’t think it would make sense for a liberty bell steam boat to circle around desert themed land and villiansland

SplashJacket

They would probably reroute the HM entrance to the side and build extra queue. Currently, the HM pathway overflows oftentimes due to LL buildup, but if you reroute that to the side, that issue wouldn't exist.
I don’t think it would make sense for a liberty bell steam boat to circle around desert themed land and villiansland
Probably wouldn't. It would probably be like Disneyland's GE. Steamboat doesn't circle around GE. More than likely, I don't think they route the rail road or riverboat, and then they just build outside of it, so the Railroad would probably interact with the Coco area, but the riverboat wouldn't (since it's thematically appropriate to have a train, unlike in GE), which also opens the possibility for a new train station.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
They would probably reroute the HM entrance to the side and build extra queue. Currently, the HM pathway overflows oftentimes due to LL buildup, but if you reroute that to the side, that issue wouldn't exist.

Probably wouldn't. It would probably be like Disneyland's GE. Steamboat doesn't circle around GE. More than likely, I don't think they route the rail road or riverboat, and then they just build outside of it, so the Railroad would probably interact with the Coco area, but the riverboat wouldn't (since it's thematically appropriate to have a train, unlike in GE), which also opens the possibility for a new train station.
New train station could help with the issue of it being a long walk

SplashJacket

This whole Tiana thing is starting to snowball...
It seems like they're doing things right.

From dozens of animatronics to extensive retheming, they're not going the easy way, they're going about this the right way.

The thematic consistencies should be better with TBA (and an expanded New Orleans area) than it was before with Splash in Frontierland.

I personally see this as a positive.

Disstevefan1

It seems like they're doing things right.

From dozens of animatronics to extensive retheming, they're not going the easy way, they're going about this the right way.

The thematic consistencies should be better with TBA (and an expanded New Orleans area) than it was before with Splash in Frontierland.

I personally see this as a positive.
I hope they finish and open the new Coco, Encanto, Villians land before walling off Frontierland.

MerlinTheGoat

Black bears are native to Louisiana, so I don’t think they’ll have an issue keeping the country bears, though they may add Louis in there too.
They are using bears in the ride too. Two pieces of art (one from Disney and another by a partner artist) have had a bear character visible. Brown too, not black. Hopefully the show remains. CBJ isn't really a far western show anyway, I think it's supposed to be Tennessee (that's the state used in the movie).

WDW_Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Attraction_Rendering.jpg

A1308493.jpg

GrumpyFan

Tiana NEEDS to have a restaurant. Turning Pecos into a New Orleans, PatF themed restaurant works okay for me.

The Country Bears could be re-done into The Cajun Bears with just a few tweaks and some new jazz themed music. It would still work.
They could make Louis, the gator, the new host and just re-use a lot of the animatronics but with new story and music.

LittleBuford

The Country Bears could be re-done into The Cajun Bears with just a few tweaks and some new jazz themed music. It would still work.
They could make Louis, the gator, the new host and just re-use a lot of the animatronics but with new story and music.
While I'm bracing myself for it, any changes to the Country Bear Jamboree will leave me personally devastated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom