News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It had tons of issues (I know cause I got evaced my very first ride) but it wasn’t THIS bad.
We don't know what THIS bad yet. It's not several months out from opening. In fact, it hasn't even opened yet.

I'm not saying it will all sort out soon. Just that, this is still technically previews. And comparing it to rides that had issues months after it opened isn't apples to apples... yet.

Disney Glimpses

I hate the internet 🤦‍♀️
I've been distancing myself from online discussions about this attraction—and others—because sometimes you need to experience things firsthand. Reading all the negativity only makes it unnecessarily worse. All kidding aside, it's better to form your own opinions based on your experiences.

FettFan

From what I understand, the specific issues are not with new hardware. They've used the same hardware in other attractions but with different operating environments. But yes, it clearly was not considered.

I had heard from Disney Dish with Jim and Len that the issue was each AA’s sensor was being tripped by different light sources and temperatures instead of the moving logs, hence why Tiana simply freezes.

From my understanding of how they explained it, the characters are supposed to simply stop moving between logs to save on wear and tear, unlike the Splash characters who would simply stay active from open to close, leading to frequent breakdowns, like the infamous Philosopher Geese who would, on occasion, simply hold their fishing polea while staring deeply into the water, questioning the meaning and mysteries of animatronic life.

We saw you, Philospher Geese. We saw you.

Tha Realest

I had heard from Disney Dish with Jim and Len that the issue was each AA’s sensor was being tripped by different light sources and temperatures instead of the moving logs, hence why Tiana simply freezes.

From my understanding of how they explained it, the characters are supposed to simply stop moving between logs to save on wear and tear, unlike the Splash characters who would simply stay active from open to close, leading to frequent breakdowns, like the infamous Philosopher Geese who would, on occasion, simply hold their fishing polea while staring deeply into the water, questioning the meaning and mysteries of animatronic life.

Philosopher Geese saw this.

Disney Glimpses

Haha sounds like it's common knowledge now. So yeah, my point was that it's a concise problem with a clear cause. They will solve it. Would be way worse if stuff was just randomly not working.

SilentWindODoom

(As far as I can tell, although it does look like the old camel hump during the drop into the laughin’ place isn’t there anymore in every video I’ve seen. Can anyone confirm?)

The extra bump is used for the lighting effect of Mama Odie's magic shrinking riders.

I always put my sunglasses on before going down the drop. 🤷‍♀️

🎶 I wear my sunglasses on rides
So I can, so I can... 🎵

Incomudro

I've been distancing myself from online discussions about this attraction—and others—because sometimes you need to experience things firsthand. Reading all the negativity only makes it unnecessarily worse. All kidding aside, it's better to form your own opinions based on your experiences.
This is certainly true.
Sometimes we need to remind ourselves "What would I think about this (whatever it may be) if I saw/experienced it for myself, without hearing and reading so many reviews first?

Ayla

Sunglasses on drop = eating pizza with a knife and fork

Little known fact from a newspaper in the queue- 1920’s Tiana introduced EDM to Mardi Gras
Yeah, I'm not going from a darker interior to the full blazing FL sun without putting my shades on. Your mileage obviously varies.

FettFan

The new menu featuring Tiana-inspired items is now available at Golden Oak Outpost.

Here is a look at the menu and prices:

View attachment 794439

1. Oh my god. They’re actually serving gumbo FOR LUNCH in the central Florida heat.

Get ready to watch y’all’s step folks, cause Liberty Square won’t be the only land with a brown river on the pavement!

2. Sweet Potato Fries (cries?) on gumbo?!
WHAT IN DANTE’S THIRD CIRCLE OF HELL IS THIS?

Everyone knows if you want potatoes in gumbo, a. They can’t be sweet and b. They’re only acceptable as a lump of potato salad as a substitute for the rice.

My god, you don’t have to be Gordon Fn Ramsay to get even this right!!!!

My mawmaw would have skinned me alive had I ever tried this bullcrap in the kitchen.

peter11435

So, since they clearly can't be bothered to keep Tiana's Bayou Adventure maintained, are we so sure that them letting Splash Mountain fall apart was because they were closing it and didn't see the point in repairing it? Or is it just another example of maintenance going out the window since Bob Iger took over?
It’s not even open yet. Nothing you have seen yet has anything to do with lack of maintenance.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
So, since they clearly can't be bothered to keep Tiana's Bayou Adventure maintained, are we so sure that them letting Splash Mountain fall apart was because they were closing it and didn't see the point in repairing it? Or is it just another example of maintenance going out the window since Bob Iger took over?
As others have said, the ride isn't even open yet. This is still technical rehearsals, whether they want to call it that or not. CMs are trying their best, I promise you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom