News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Disstevefan1

It also opened over a year later than originally planned and announced.
oh, yes, true!

I think there is a lot of new tech in Tiana that still needs to be debugged.

For all the folks out there, this is nothing new for "new" rides that use "new" technology.

So if the problems continue past the 28th, this is nothing new and in my opinion, should not be considered a "failure" of engineering or operations, just the normal process of debugging.

Ayla

Whoa! You gotta be ABSOLUTELY clear…the AA’s may be technically advanced, (and judging by the B mode and sensor malfunctions even THAT is still questionable), the ride itself is NOT…
The optics for this is sooooooo bad…Bob is wearing sunglasses…I guess he really DOES love the Timbuk 3 song “The future’s So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades”

What a dumpster fire…
I always put my sunglasses on before going down the drop. 🤷‍♀️

Ayla

Test Track also opened, what, an entire year after its initial opening date. I remember that TT’s multiple issues were what enabled Horizons to stay open a bit longer, as it would give FW East three pavilions instead of just Ellen and Wonders.

But then again, it was a brand new system that Disney designed from scratch. The computers onboard each car would hiccup and not know where the others were, which led to two of them colliding

They also used off-the-shelf tires, but something about the rubber composition did not work with the stresses the ride placed on them, which led to them bursting after prolonged use…Disney contracted Goodyear to make specialized tires for them.

Again though this is all moot, when you consider that TBA was an established ride system that was untouched. (As far as I can tell, although it does look like the old camel hump during the drop into the laughin’ place isn’t there anymore in every video I’ve seen. Can anyone confirm?)
I've seen no indication the double hill was taken out. There are 2 drops in the dark, the first is straight down and the second has the two hills.

Disstevefan1

Test Track also opened, what, an entire year after its initial opening date. I remember that TT’s multiple issues were what enabled Horizons to stay open a bit longer, as it would give FW East three pavilions instead of just Ellen and Wonders.

But then again, it was a brand new system that Disney designed from scratch. The computers onboard each car would hiccup and not know where the others were, which led to two of them colliding

They also used off-the-shelf tires, but something about the rubber composition did not work with the stresses the ride placed on them, which led to them bursting after prolonged use…Disney contracted Goodyear to make specialized tires for them.

Again though this is all moot, when you consider that TBA was an established ride system that was untouched. (As far as I can tell, although it does look like the old camel hump during the drop into the laughin’ place isn’t there anymore in every video I’ve seen. Can anyone confirm?)
I don't know for sure but I am willing to bet, the only things original in Tiana is the physical track and the physical logs.

I suspect EVERYTHING ELSE is new; operating system, all software, sensors, switches, control systems, safety systems etc.

But just a guess.

Disney Glimpses

I would be pleasantly surprised if this was sorted by Friday. I think best case is they will have some sort of contingency with scheduled "maintenance" throughout the day to mitigate the issues ahead of time as best as possible until they can come up with a long term plan.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member

• Timoleon isn’t swaying back and forth in the zydeco scene
  • Zydeco Tiana is frozen except for her mouth
  • Rara Louis’ mouth is broken
  • PawPaw’s hand is still broken
  • Mama Odie says her next line while the “Tiny! Tiny! Tiny! Tiny…” echo from the last line plays
  • Fog on the dip-drop seems to be off
  • Cocomelon Odie before the drop activates only when the log is past her
  • Big drop Mama Odie can’t move her left arm
  • I think the ghost of Br’er Rabbit truly killed finale Tiana because she’s still not moving still
  • Ralphie’s right arm is stuck down
  • Finale Louis’ mouth is stuck open
  • Finale Timoleon isn’t swaying either
  • Mama Odie is paralyzed from the neck down
When you only have 12ish actual figures and the rest are essentially stuffed animals, this many of them having problems is a bad look, previews or not

Disstevefan1

I would be pleasantly surprised if this was sorted by Friday.
NopeDanny.gif

Disstevefan1

• Timoleon isn’t swaying back and forth in the zydeco scene
  • Zydeco Tiana is frozen except for her mouth
  • Rara Louis’ mouth is broken
  • PawPaw’s hand is still broken
  • Mama Odie says her next line while the “Tiny! Tiny! Tiny! Tiny…” echo from the last line plays
  • Fog on the dip-drop seems to be off
  • Cocomelon Odie before the drop activates only when the log is past her
  • Big drop Mama Odie can’t move her left arm
  • I think the ghost of Br’er Rabbit truly killed finale Tiana because she’s still not moving still
  • Ralphie’s right arm is stuck down
  • Finale Louis’ mouth is stuck open
  • Finale Timoleon isn’t swaying either
  • Mama Odie is paralyzed from the neck down
When you only have 12ish actual figures and the rest are essentially stuffed animals, this many of them having problems is a bad look, previews or not

So you are saying all is functioning as expected 🤣

disneyC97

Creative (including storyline) issues aside (and I agree with the majority of the critiques I've read on here), there has been a lot of talk about the use of more simple figures for the critter characters. Someone may have said this, but I think this is 100% intentional to reduce cost and in the longterm, maintenance of the attraction. They didn't reuse the America Sings based figures (or create new electric ones based on those) because it cost more money. Both upfront and over the long term. Same reason there is no longer a large moving setpiece in the finale (the riverboat). All of this is my opinion of course, but given Disney's track record of late, it makes sense.

That said, the full AA figures here are beautifully done and were certainly an investment. I'm hoping the issues with them that are coming up already truly are temporary and won't continue to be an ongoing issue.

Back to creative/story decisions...would it have killed them to replace Louis with Naveen in at least one of the scenes before the finale?

And I would loved to have seen Tiana and Louis dancing together at the end, not unlike the final scene in the film. I always found that moment so joyful.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It had tons of issues (I know cause I got evaced my very first ride) but it wasn’t THIS bad.
We don't know what THIS bad yet. It's not several months out from opening. In fact, it hasn't even opened yet.

I'm not saying it will all sort out soon. Just that, this is still technically previews. And comparing it to rides that had issues months after it opened isn't apples to apples... yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom