News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Smiley/OCD

Splash was a beloved attraction by almost everyone. TBA is a soulless corporate manifestation that while technically advanced from Splash has none of the magic and charm.

There’s no reason to celebrate a downgrade.
Whoa! You gotta be ABSOLUTELY clear…the AA’s may be technically advanced, (and judging by the B mode and sensor malfunctions even THAT is still questionable), the ride itself is NOT…
The optics for this is sooooooo bad…Bob is wearing sunglasses…I guess he really DOES love the Timbuk 3 song “The future’s So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades”

What a dumpster fire…

MickeyLuv'r

Those are both "new" systems. Hagrid was a full on new attraction and TT2 is a partial rebuild. Tianas is practically unchanged from Splash.
Re-read the question. The questions was, "whether it was new or a re-theme."

Test Track had a lot of down time. Hagrid's and Rise are the big ones that come to my mind as well. I think Mission:Space also had some downtime. Some of that though was due to people getting sick on it, I think. It was a while ago, so I might not be correct on this point, but I think it took WDW a little while to realize they needed to provide barf bags.

Gringott's also initially had some problems, but I think they were resolved fairly quickly. I'm not sure. I recall waiting in a non-moving line back when it was new.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
Re-read the question. The questions was, "whether it was new or a re-theme."

Test Track had a lot of down time. Hagrid's and Rise are the big ones that come to my mind as well. I think Mission:Space also had some downtime. Some of that though was due to people getting sick on it, I think. It was a while ago, so I might not be correct on this point, but I think it took WDW a little while to realize they needed to provide barf bags.

Gringott's also initially had some problems, but I think they were resolved fairly quickly. I'm not sure. I recall waiting in a non-moving line back when it was new.
Whoops my bad. I misread that.

SilentWindODoom

Splash was a beloved attraction by almost everyone. TBA is a soulless corporate manifestation that while technically advanced from Splash has none of the magic and charm.

There’s no reason to celebrate a downgrade.

You can stay home. Those that have the opposite opinion can go and enjoy and do this fun little thing that you felt the need to reply to twice. No problem.

FettFan

Test Track had a lot of down time. Hagrid's and Rise are the big ones that come to my mind as well.

Test Track also opened, what, an entire year after its initial opening date. I remember that TT’s multiple issues were what enabled Horizons to stay open a bit longer, as it would give FW East three pavilions instead of just Ellen and Wonders.

But then again, it was a brand new system that Disney designed from scratch. The computers onboard each car would hiccup and not know where the others were, which led to two of them colliding

They also used off-the-shelf tires, but something about the rubber composition did not work with the stresses the ride placed on them, which led to them bursting after prolonged use…Disney contracted Goodyear to make specialized tires for them.

Again though this is all moot, when you consider that TBA was an established ride system that was untouched. (As far as I can tell, although it does look like the old camel hump during the drop into the laughin’ place isn’t there anymore in every video I’ve seen. Can anyone confirm?)

Last edited:

FettFan

The issues with TBA are actually relatively simple but requiring a lot of trial and error to correct. They are related to operating conditions (temperature/humidity).

….you would think that the “engineering” part of “imagineering” would eventually catch on to the fact that, instead of a climate controlled warehouse in Glendale, Central Florida is hotter and more humid than the devil’s armpits.

Eventually, yes?

Disney Glimpses

….you would think that the “engineering” part of “imagineering” would eventually catch on to the fact that, instead of a climate controlled warehouse in Glendale, Central Florida is hotter and more humid than the devil’s armpits.

Eventually, yes?
From what I understand, the specific issues are not with new hardware. They've used the same hardware in other attractions but with different operating environments. But yes, it clearly was not considered.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
The issues with TBA are actually relatively simple but requiring a lot of trial and error to correct. They are related to operating conditions (temperature/humidity).
Are you referring to the AAs or the ride system?

The AAs will take a beating like no else, Splash certainly showed that even though they were less technologically advanced.

But a malfunctioning AA wouldn’t cause the ride to shut down would it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom