News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Rich Brownn

two questions…
1) has there ever been a legit dangerous fire on a Disney attraction?
2) how do we think this process would go if there was a real fire? Would the cast members still be going car to car or boat to boat explaining how to lift the restraint bar or would everyone just be screwed?

Something to keep you up at night I guess 🤔
Disneyland's Pirates shortly after opening. After that they changed the fire effect to look less realistic as it confused the fire fighters

ToTBellHop

It happens from time to time. The original permit expires on 6/30, so I presume that are things that are not entirely complete thus the need for an extension.
25 more AAs en route? Phew!
1719445468897.gif

SpectroMagician

"Tiana brings much-needed representation to the park, resonating with guests of all ages and backgrounds." The writer contradicts themselves in the same sentence. Do characters, regardless of race, resonate with guests of all ages and background - OR do we need to have every race represented in order for people to resonate with them?

Or potentially the real answer is the writer believes that only black characters resonate with people of all backgrounds, while white characters cannot possibly resonate with black people. Either way you look at it this writer is pretty gosh darn racist.

ToTBellHop

"Tiana brings much-needed representation to the park, resonating with guests of all ages and backgrounds." The writer contradicts themselves in the same sentence. Do characters, regardless of race, resonate with guests of all ages and background - OR do we need to have every race represented in order for people to resonate with them?

Or potentially the real answer is the writer believes that only black characters resonate with people of all backgrounds, while white characters cannot possibly resonate with black people. Either way you look at it this writer is pretty gosh darn racist.
What are you even talking about?

A park with more diversity resonates with more people. That's not racist to suggest and most of us do not question that claim. For me, I would have just preferred PatF get a NEW attraction, and I would have included Facilier if it was going to be a thrill ride. The current story lends itself more to the ride layout of the new Tangled ride in Tokyo.

James Alucobond

Race, age, and background are all discrete things, so I’m not really sure how it’s contradictory. You can of course disagree with the notion that representation is necessary, but I don’t think there’s anything fundamentally wrong with the sentence.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

I don't want to get into this in this thread, so will not be replying further here beyond the comment below, and feel free to PM me if you wish to talk further.

Tiana brings needed diversity to the park, and this inclusivity helps her resonate with a wide audience. This does not contradict the idea that characters of any race can resonate with diverse audiences. It highlights the importance of having diverse characters to reflect the audience’s diversity.

I believe that you may be over-interpreting the sentence in the review, which did not intend to suggest that only black characters resonate universally or that white characters cannot resonate with black people. The review is emphasizing the positive impact of having more diverse characters like Tiana in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom