News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

dreamfinding

Last year they tried to blame the heat and Covid travel for a significant decline in attendance in Florida…when the reality is they outpriced their market and turned off people with micro charges for rides.

They continue to try to spin that customers love genie…when in reality there’s zero evidence and it goes against common sense to even breathe it.
Bookings for the rest of 2024 are soft. Rooms aren’t being filled. Why do you think there’s almost always some sort of promotion?

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Last year they tried to blame the heat and Covid travel for a significant decline in attendance in Florida…when the reality is they outpriced their market and turned off people with micro charges for rides.

They continue to try to spin that customers love genie…when in reality there’s zero evidence and it goes against common sense to even breathe it.
Yeah, that's not attacking or blaming fans. It's misleading and false but they didn't specifically target the fans in either of those situations.

dreamfinding

I'm probably more thinking of the studio side, and expecting we may see a similar corporate reaction to this since the whole project is underpinned by simmering social issues.
Corporate is going to read the YouTube comments and chalk it up to the #SaveSplash group. When in reality, it’s mostly coming from fans of PATF who want a quality product.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t think Disney Parks has failed on this level in recent memory. The context for the ride replacement is based on spicy issues. I don’t think it’s a leap to believe that in order to quiet the negative noise, some type of clap back against the poor reaction will occur since they have no problem doing the same with their other properties.
The general consensus - it appears - is that the parks are underdelivering…

Now is that “blaming the cusomters”?
No.

But they aren’t doing what a well managed company does: which is immediately admit mistakes to regain trust and course correct asap.

Bob?
Nothing.

Not only are they hatching this stinker…they have nothing underway and are yielding the Orlando market to their competitors for the next few years at a minimum.

These are inexcusable mistakes.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, that's not attacking or blaming fans. It's misleading and false but they didn't specifically target the fans in either of those situations.
Well parks are handled differently than content.

They have becoming notorious for ALWAYS blaming the customer for content failure…

Parks are handled as I said: they twist the reality to make it seem the customers “want it”…even disasters like genie.

They also don’t really comment on individual P&R components much. It’s “strength in numbers” that is always referred to

Trauma

Clearly the execs and creatives in this company are living in their own little echo chamber.

The last hope I have is the hardcore Disney fans.

When Iger takes the stage at D23 he needs to be met with an ear shattering chorus of boos, that is sustained until he is forced to leave the stage.

At some point if we as the hardcore fans don’t stand up for what we love, we are going to lose It all.

It’s time to send a message.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Watched the daytime uncut POV and had some more thoughts.

- Upper loop didn't need dialogue screamed at us. It was a perfect way to get us settled into the world of the critters while still feeling like our world.
- Why does Tiana wait until the boats at her to say "I sure want yall to play at the party!" We're not the musicians, right?
- Mama Odies "Think big! Go tiny!" Line comes out of absolutely nowhere. Tianas line right before it is "I hope they all come to the party! Let's explore!" Giving us no indication we need to shrink or are looking for anything small.
- Laughin' Place is an utter waste. Props for the jumping fountains but that's it.
- Mama Odie screen where the boothill boys were is just lazy.
- Lari adds nothing to the post-splashdown tunnel. He may be mentioned in another line of dialouge but I didn't hear it in the POV I watched.

Last edited:

dreamfinding

Clearly the execs and creatives in this company are living in their own little echo chamber.

The last hope I have is the hardcore Disney fans.

When Iger takes the stage at D23 he needs to be met with an ear shattering chorus of boos, that is sustained until he is forced to leave the stage.

At some point if we as the hardcore fans don’t stand up for what we love we are going to lose I all.

It’s time to send a message.
Talk is cheap, but actually doing something…

KDM31091

Bookings for the rest of 2024 are soft. Rooms aren’t being filled. Why do you think there’s almost always some sort of promotion?
There's also really nothing big/exciting on the horizon other than Tiana (which, we can debate how exciting that really is). Universal has an entire new park opening. Disney has nothing major coming anytime soon, as even the enhancements to AK will be several years out at best, and even longer for MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom